Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Most and foremost how do you all even know there will be a SIMS 5...
    Nobody here does not know can only speculate.
    There certainly will be.
    And a lot of simmers won't like either because it'll be online. Guaranteed.
    *blows bubble with bubble gum*
    ~
    Go Team Toddlers.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Most and foremost how do you all even know there will be a SIMS 5...
    Nobody here does not know can only speculate.
    There certainly will be.
    And a lot of simmers won't like either because it'll be online. Guaranteed.
    *blows bubble with bubble gum*
    ~
    Go Team Toddlers.

You forgot to mention how it will run on the latest model of Potato and every sim can MLG 360 No Scope!
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    OK before everyone gets excited, I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, however I am curious to why so many people are still speculating that EP3 might be about toddlers, when it won't be out for months yet and no announcement will be made for a long time either.

The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

Will these toddlers be able to get a job? Go on a date? Get married and have kids of their own? Not while they are toddlers of course so aside from being cute, and they would certainly be an improvement from being a baby growing straight into a child, I can't really see what value they would give to a Sims game other compared to other life stages.

Now lets look at weather or not they are considered 'base content' and weather people should pay for them. I don't actually have much to say on that, they have never officially been regarded as base content, only other than they appeared in two previous Sims games. One popular suggestion is that if they ever came back in a 'Generations EP' then they could come for free in a patch. Ok cool, but then what would be the point in a Generations EP if you get toddlers for free anyway? A few interactions, a new town to play in and some clothing? Sounds more like a GP to me?

One of popular suggestion is that pre teens could come in an EP, so you get toddlers for free but to get the pre teens you have to pay for the EP. Sounds good for those who want them but now you have two life stages being made, that is twice the amount of coding to make the animations, twice the amount of testing ad twice the amount of time that will be needed to make such an EP, and why should a never been seen before preteen life stage be used to be a 'pull factor' to get people to buy an EP that would compensate toddlers being given for free?

Am I getting at something here?

Now I have been speaking to a lot of Simmers, there are many who have different opinions, some where disappointed with TS4 for a number of reasons and have long since moved on while others enjoy TS4 and do not even want toddlers in the game, nor do they want a Generations P to be thrown out just to appease people. A lot of players want a strong and stable game and to see other issues to be addressed first. I said this a few times lately but it seems that there are much more important things that need to be dealt with people more content is thrown out. Culling is an issue I see mentioned a lot and if that is an issue, then how would that be improved when you start throwing toddlers into the mix?

A lot of players are concerned about the 'silence' over the situation and there are some very good threads about that, but to be honest, I can't blame the devs to keep quiet on things. At the end of their day if they cannot talk about future content, then that is the way things are going to be. If I was a dev and working on a game, the last thing I would want to see every single time I go online is floods of messages from disgruntled players about content they want while at the same time I am also seeing compliments from happy players.

The way I see it is this, if you don't like a game, don't play it, no one is forcing you to buy any more content for that game. I have been disappointed by games before as well, Tomb Raider 2013 being one big kick in the teeth to me, yet their was a popular following so I just shrugged it off as not being the game from me and I moved on from it, loading up TS3 and all was well again ;)

So my purpose of this thread is not to debate with anyone, but I clearly have a few things I want to say for a while, toddlers are not the be all and end off of The Sims, they are a minor life stage and if you cannot enjoy other aspects of the game, then I don't think you will enjoy the much more with toddlers either. If you are happy with TS4 however, I do apologise for the hate you must have top see every day. I do not play TS4 myself for my own reasons and I have stated my reasons before but I respect other people's opinions as we are all Simmers at the end of the day :smile:

Thanks for reading and if you are going to respond then please do so respectfully and refrain from attacking others if their points of view differ from your.

Happy Simming! :smiley:

Peace

The sims is first and foremost a family styled game. Toddlers add to the realism. Toddlers are my favorite life stage in the sims. I'm a family player and toddlers are essential to my play style.

"The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?
    That's the whole point of toddlers. Okay so you don't like toddlers. Well other simmers do. I find the constant party gameplay boring. I prefer family gameplay which the sims 4 is still lacking. And toddlers is the biggest reason why. The sims 4 isn't even a sims game anymore.

My favorite thing about the sims is spending time with my sim's toddlers teaching them basic life skills before they disappear for several hours in the day in an invisible school.
    The child stage is underwhelming and boring. I don't feel a connection to my sims because they shoot up into an eight year old shortly after being born.

"The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?"

You can have the family spend time with them, and create a lifetime of memories for your sims.

"Will these toddlers be able to get a job? Go on a date? Get married and have kids of their own? Not while they are toddlers of course so aside from being cute, and they would certainly be an improvement from being a baby growing straight into a child, I can't really see what value they would give to a Sims game other compared to other life stages."

They would give much needed family gameplay. The sims is a family style game, not a party game.
    Taking my sims through jobs is boring. I play the sims for fantasy.

Now lets look at weather or not they are considered 'base content' and weather people should pay for them. I don't actually have much to say on that, they have never officially been regarded as base content, only other than they appeared in two previous Sims games. One popular suggestion is that if they ever came back in a 'Generations EP' then they could come for free in a patch. Ok cool, but then what would be the point in a Generations EP if you get toddlers for free anyway? A few interactions, a new town to play in and some clothing? Sounds more like a GP to me?

They have always appeared in a base game since the sims 2 so they are base game content. The generations ep would add much needed family gameplay which is something that the sims 4 is still lacking.

That is esentially what an expansion pack is.

"The way I see it is this, if you don't like a game, don't play it, no one is forcing you to buy any more content for that game. I have been disappointed by games before as well, Tomb Raider 2013 being one big kick in the teeth to me, yet their was a popular following so I just shrugged it off as not being the game from me and I moved on from it, loading up TS3 and all was well again"

It's not as simple as all that. It's up to Ea to give us what we want. You can like and hate a game at the same time.

"So my purpose of this thread is not to debate with anyone, but I clearly have a few things I want to say for a while, toddlers are not the be all and end off of The Sims, they are a minor life stage and if you cannot enjoy other aspects of the game, then I don't think you will enjoy the much more with toddlers either. If you are happy with TS4 however, I do apologise for the hate you must have top see every day. I do not play TS4 myself for my own reasons and I have stated my reasons before but I respect other people's opinions as we are all Simmers at the end of the day :smile:"
    If you really respected other people's opinions then you wouldn't have made this thread.

"Thanks for reading and if you are going to respond then please do so respectfully and refrain from attacking others if their points of view differ from your.
    "

And yet that's exactly what you just did.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    At this point, we don't know that there will be a Sims 5, but if there is one, we probably won't like it...and it'll probably only be available on mobile or tablet.
    While it is true that more and more people use tablets and phones for things which they earlier used their PC for the problem for EA here is that the PC Sims games have given EA a huge income from selling more and more expansions (SPs, GPs and EPs) for each version of the game. This still isn't possible for games on phones or tablets. So even though the sales numbers for PC games still decrease it is unlikely that EA will give up selling especially the Sims games in PC versions with a huge number of such expansions.

The problem in assessing this is though that we don't know the sales numbers for the many TS4 expansions. I think that they are lower than the sales numbers for the expansions for earlier Sims games. But more and more of the expansions are now sold as downloads which give EA much higher profit than when such expansions are sold as physical copies through third party stores. So I still find it unlikely that EA will give up selling the Sims games in PC versions so easily.
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    OK before everyone gets excited, I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone, however I am curious to why so many people are still speculating that EP3 might be about toddlers, when it won't be out for months yet and no announcement will be made for a long time either.

The thing is, I see across these forums players saying they will not be happy until toddlers are added like they are some sort of 'given right' in the game. Yet lets look forward, and say toddlers where actually added, would you really enjoy playing with them? I mean, what can you do with toddlers other than teach to walk, talk, potty train and ready books. Ok, they might play with toys, they might be able to play with other toddler and they will make cute pictures but what else?

Will these toddlers be able to get a job? Go on a date? Get married and have kids of their own? Not while they are toddlers of course so aside from being cute, and they would certainly be an improvement from being a baby growing straight into a child, I can't really see what value they would give to a Sims game other compared to other life stages.

One of popular suggestion is that pre teens could come in an EP, so you get toddlers for free but to get the pre teens you have to pay for the EP. Sounds good for those who want them but now you have two life stages being made, that is twice the amount of coding to make the animations, twice the amount of testing ad twice the amount of time that will be needed to make such an EP, and why should a never been seen before preteen life stage be used to be a 'pull factor' to get people to buy an EP that would compensate toddlers being given for free?

Now I have been speaking to a lot of Simmers, there are many who have different opinions, some where disappointed with TS4 for a number of reasons and have long since moved on while others enjoy TS4 and do not even want toddlers in the game, nor do they want a Generations P to be thrown out just to appease people. A lot of players want a strong and stable game and to see other issues to be addressed first. I said this a few times lately but it seems that there are much more important things that need to be dealt with people more content is thrown out. Culling is an issue I see mentioned a lot and if that is an issue, then how would that be improved when you start throwing toddlers into the mix?

A lot of players are concerned about the 'silence' over the situation and there are some very good threads about that, but to be honest, I can't blame the devs to keep quiet on things. At the end of their day if they cannot talk about future content, then that is the way things are going to be. If I was a dev and working on a game, the last thing I would want to see every single time I go online is floods of messages from disgruntled players about content they want while at the same time I am also seeing compliments from happy players.

The way I see it is this, if you don't like a game, don't play it, no one is forcing you to buy any more content for that game. I have been disappointed by games before as well, Tomb Raider 2013 being one big kick in the teeth to me, yet their was a popular following so I just shrugged it off as not being the game from me and I moved on from it, loading up TS3 and all was well again ;)

So my purpose of this thread is not to debate with anyone, but I clearly have a few things I want to say for a while, toddlers are not the be all and end off of The Sims, they are a minor life stage and if you cannot enjoy other aspects of the game, then I don't think you will enjoy the much more with toddlers either. If you are happy with TS4 however, I do apologise for the hate you must have top see every day. I do not play TS4 myself for my own reasons and I have stated my reasons before but I respect other people's opinions as we are all Simmers at the end of the day :smile:

Thanks for reading and if you are going to respond then please do so respectfully and refrain from attacking others if their points of view differ from your.

Peace

Exactly!Nice to see someone else feels the same way.:)
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Peace

Thanks for the reply :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member

Peace

Thanks for the reply :smile:

No problem.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    uzumo wrote: »
    Maybe, EA removed toddlers from The Sims 4 because some people were complaining about how annoying toddlers were in previous installments. I guess EA thought that they were doing some of the players a favor by removing toddlers.

I find that extremely hard to believe.

Even if that was initially true, there's no way that they didn't see the outcry against them once they mentioned toddlers weren't coming in the game. IN THEIR OWN FORUM.
    I still want toddlers even if I need to pay for them as a Expansion Pack or a game pack. But if it's Expansion Pack it better be good.
  • tee03tee03 Posts: 9 New Member
    I really really want toddlers back! To me game play is just not the same.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe, EA removed toddlers from The Sims 4 because some people were complaining about how annoying toddlers were in previous installments. I guess EA thought that they were doing some of the players a favor by removing toddlers.
    And I think that pigs can fly.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    They need to add them .
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

http://youtu.be/YQo0TfuueaY
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Can't wait for that little guy to grow up so he can start working for EA! He clearly doesn't see any limits :p
    5JZ57S6.png

Just waiting for the animal rights groups to complain about that video, in which I am sure that no pigs where actually harmed!

Thanks for sharing though :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Just waiting for the animal rights groups to complain about that video, in which I am sure that no pigs where actually harmed!

I don't see why personally they complain. Even this was not even real for an animal to get hurt to begin with lol!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »

I don't see why personally they complain. Even this was not even real for an animal to get hurt to begin with lol!

This is why I don't get why some people get upset over Sims related stuff, it is not that Sims are real is it? Or am I mistaken and we are actually The Sims and we are all being played... :/
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is why I don't get why some people get upset over Sims related stuff, it is not that Sims are real is it? Or am I mistaken and we are actually The Sims and we are all being played... :/

WE are the Sims?! :open_mouth:

Yes we are, I have a good sense of humour trait ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Yes we are, I have a good sense of humour trait ;)

I think I have the grilled cheese aspiration
    Erpe wrote: »
    At this point, we don't know that there will be a Sims 5, but if there is one, we probably won't like it...and it'll probably only be available on mobile or tablet.
    While it is true that more and more people use tablets and phones for things which they earlier used their PC for the problem for EA here is that the PC Sims games have given EA a huge income from selling more and more expansions (SPs, GPs and EPs) for each version of the game. This still isn't possible for games on phones or tablets. So even though the sales numbers for PC games still decrease it is unlikely that EA will give up selling especially the Sims games in PC versions with a huge number of such expansions.

The problem in assessing this is though that we don't know the sales numbers for the many TS4 expansions. I think that they are lower than the sales numbers for the expansions for earlier Sims games. But more and more of the expansions are now sold as downloads which give EA much higher profit than when such expansions are sold as physical copies through third party stores. So I still find it unlikely that EA will give up selling the Sims games in PC versions so easily.

It's possible that they would keep the PC version going, but I still remain skeptical. I just have this feeling that as long as the Head Honchos don't understand their demographic, that is, the kind of people who actually buy and play this game, and keep on thinking that they're young players who aren't serious gamers (not like the ones who play the fantasy kill-your-enemy-and-level-up games), they're going to try to push young adult centered expansion and game packs on us, and that's starting to wear thin.

I also remember how EA is very competitive when it comes to other game making companies, even the ones on Facebook (Zynga) and will go after their market assertively, even when their fan base doesn't particularly play those games and has made it clear they don't like online gameplay for the Sims.

Seriously, every time that any player came along and suggested an online multi-player version of the Sims on eitehr the Sims 2 or Sims 3 forums, they were shot down in flames by their fellow Simmers. But that won't stop EA from trying to conquer the mobile/tablet market.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2016

So, in other words, let's attack the people who want toddlers in the game, while trying to insist that you're not attacking anyone, and letting them know that if they don't like the game, then they should stop playing the game and move along, because, as everyone knows toddlers are useless and can't do anything. Which is what the OP's post boils down to, once you clear away all the attempts to make it sound like they're not attacking anyone. Riiight....

And to think, the OP not only does not own the game, but is only now going to try the demo and give us their considered opinion on whether it's a good game or not. This is almost as good as the person who insisted we not use the word "boycott" because it would offend EA and that EA is refusing to add toddlers just to spite us for being vocally disapproving of this version of the Sims.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

So, in other words, let's attack the people who want toddlers in the game, while trying to insist that you're not attacking anyone, and letting them know that if they don't like the game, then they should stop playing the game and move along, because, as everyone knows toddlers are useless and can't do anything. Which is what the OP's post boils down to, once you clear away all the attempts to make it sound like they're not attacking anyone. Riiight....

And to think, the OP not only does not own the game, but is only now going to try the demo and give us their considered opinion on whether it's a good game or not. This is almost as good as the person who insisted we not use the word "boycott" because it would offend EA and that EA is refusing to add toddlers just to spite us for being vocally disapproving of this version of the Sims.

I want to applaud this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I doubt that they left toddlers out just to spite players, that itself would be a bit daft of them. Anyway I wouldn't want to see people getting attacked just for different opinions. Lets keep it friendly here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    ^ you are so full of it, it's actually hilarious. Grabbing my popcorn for this!