Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Admit it

124...Next

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Does is really matter OP?
    What you think is fun with your own exspreance is all that matters.
    Happy for you and others that don't get bored of this game. Good for you.
    I like some things about it. Build mode and parts of CAS. But it does not offer much in different play style's that the others did and lacks a lot.
    I play other games and tend to come back when I buy a new pack. I don't feel has passionate about it anyway as I know some of you do.
    Every pack that comes out for the sims 4 I get bored within hours but as I said the the play style is limited for me!

It does not have two big tools I loved and lacks family play so I just play other games when bored and spend more time o. Here than in the game.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Not me.. I got bored after closing CAS and entering the world. There all the dissapointments started to sink in. When i fisnished decorating my house which was a pain in the *** cause of the limited and NOT matching colors, i hoped the gameplay would cheer me up, but NO... it made everything worse. I never felt that much excited in a sims 4 game as i had with all the previous ones. Its just not a good game.

So yes, i got bored in a second.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I've been playing since launch and have never been bored :)
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    I go through phases. Sometimes I can play this game for absolutely hours on end and other times I fire it up and close it down again within about five minutes. The same thing happens with any game that I play for an extended amount of time, I eventually get fed up with it, move onto something else for a while and then come back to it when the urge to play strikes me again - rinse and repeat.

Not quite sure what this thread is trying to prove.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't know if it counts because I'm really enjoying myself in Sims 4 now and did when I first played but I lost interest for a few (about 4 months) midway from launch to now.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh come on! I have loved and gotten bored of ALL of the sims installments. People getting bored of the sims 4 is no different than it has been in the past with the other versions.
  • dlyradlyra Posts: 55 Member
    I get bored of every game after a while, but then I come back to it later.
  • HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I got bored in the first week, sometimes I go back to play CAS or building.
    So I went back to TS3 and TS2, where I can do the things i ant. Waiting for announcements for TS4, though :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    I go through phases. Sometimes I can play this game for absolutely hours on end and other times I fire it up and close it down again within about five minutes. The same thing happens with any game that I play for an extended amount of time, I eventually get fed up with it, move onto something else for a while and then come back to it when the urge to play strikes me again - rinse and repeat.

It's probably meant to counteract this thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/831468/am-i-the-only-one-whos-bored/p1

I can honestly say I don't get bored of The Sims 4....because I can't play it on my computer. So much for being able to play it on your grandma's computer. Apparently, The Sims 4 doesn't like my graphics card.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    I've been playing since day one and I'm loving every minute of it! I used to think getting bored of the game was a normal thing. It happened to me constantly with ever other generation of the game, but I have yet to get tired of playing TS4.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Since day 1, I loved playing Sims 4! I play it for both fun and storytelling purposes! Every time I go play, I take lots of screenshots. :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @Jarsie9 I never seen that thread. It's just something on my mind. Sometimes I get bored, sometimes I don't and I always wonder if there are people who have never gotten bored.
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2016
    Honestly I do get bored from time to time. I even stop playing for a period of time, but then I see a house on a TV show/in the movie, and I think: wow, such a nice house, let's build it in the sims!... and then I make the sims for that house and I get back into the game...
    Also, right now I'm getting into the rotational playing , but first I'm completely rebuilding all the worlds. I've already come up with the characters I want to create and play ( all from the pokemon universe) so I'm trying to build a perfect house for every each of them
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I think we ALL get a tad bored of ANYTHING from time to time. I know I was on the forums recently bemoaning how I was getting bored of my Legacy Challenge family. The next time I played it, (since I'm blogging and want to keep up with that) I was in for quite a gaming session. Leaves me wondering if I should complain more loudly, next time. ;) LOL To put it as succinctly as I can, my Gen. 3 heir managed to get over his overwhelming grief at the death of his father long enough to pop the question to his girlfriend. I had her move in right away (selfishly wishing to choose her wedding garment for her) and made the decision to wait until she got off work one evening for my heir to plan the Event. The minute she walked in through the door, he took out his cell phone. I was busy watching as the hired help arrived and a few guests, wondering if the first girl my Heir had a very slight romantic interest in would show up. I really was unaware that my Sim had gone around the side of the house, even. Mind you, he's dressed to the Nine's in his tuxedo looking fine and ready to go. I get that curious music (that I have so very seldom heard in this game) and I start panning around the lot to see what's going on — to find my YA groom caught in the beam and being lifted upward. Yes, he was abducted. It's only happened three previous times in my game. The first time a female. Second time the husband in my favorite family, only he came back dazed and no other 'effect', if you will. Third time my elderly Gen.2 heir. So disappointing.

Knowing Sims can be gone for quite some time, I had the bride click on the wedding arch, unsure what else to do. Shortly thereafter Nathaniel was returned. The wedding took place. All had a great time. (They must have, got a Gold Award for it.) He takes his new wife upstairs (who is older than he is) and they get their family started. Yep, she came up preggars. Not long afterwards, the couple were invited for a night out of dancing. I sent them, since Nathaniel is still struggling over the loss of his father. Another Sim dies on that lot. (Shades of Generation Two. LOL) Nathaniel used the restroom and that's when I saw his bulging profile. I did a double-take. I snapped a couple of pictures to be certain my eyes weren't fooling me. Pretty soon, there's no doubting his delicate 'condition'. [img][/img]

02-27-16_2-08-11nbspPM_1.jpg

[img][/img]02-27-16_3-49-35nbspPM.jpg

Eventually, his wife gives birth to a baby girl. A few hours after this event, after Nathaniel returns home from work, he goes into labor. :open_mouth: I had both prospective parents listening to Alternative music, mine is a Patriarchy. He gives birth to a girl. (My shoulders slump, as I just had a look at how old the wife is. She's two days off of Elder at this point!) Then Nathaniel gives birth AGAIN. This time is't a BOY. Same beautiful shade of light lavender as his twin. Am I bored of my Legacy Challenge family anymore. NO WAY. I've got my very first born in-game aliens. Yay!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @GalacticGal how interesting :open_mouth:
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    As with all the other Sims games from the very first one to the current one, I play them in periods. I can play for hours more or less daily for a week or two and then suddenly barely touch the game for a couple of months. Then I play intensely for another short period, then a longer break (where I might poke my nose into the game for an hour or two here and there).
  • bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    I do get bored and I don't think TS4 is as engaging for me as previous games. However a lot of the time it's down to me not being imaginative enough. I play the same traditional family life too much. As soon as I mix it up a little bit, such as killing off a parent or trying a new career or hobby I haven't tried yet or getting dad to cheat on his wife with his son's girlfriend (yes I have done that :p ) and I start to get invested in my Sims again than I'm totally into it.
    Sometimes it is more the fault of the player than the game, at least in my case.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I feel nauseous.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Oh come on! I have loved and gotten bored of ALL of the sims installments. People getting bored of the sims 4 is no different than it has been in the past with the other versions.

True enough. Many people seem to have rose colored glasses for some of the previous sims games but truth told there was a period of about 3 years when I never even looked at Sims 3. Same with 2 as well. I didn't put down Sims 1 til Sims 2 came out to be honest. But that was because it was a link to my younger brother who lives in another state. We used to play together on yahoo messenger and trade save files so I lasted much longer with it than the others without breaks between.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    The sims 4 not boring to me. Its fun and like all the rest of the sims series they all bring good and bad to game play. But no game perfect. Last night i made all family's in all my neighborhoods active so they won't age and die fast. So i can get to know the family's maxis has made. There alot to do in the game if you just look around. Other than playing with just one family. But we all play the game differently and that's what great about the sims community. We as players really makes a difference in the game and how we play.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    inmyeye wrote: »
    I feel nauseous.

I can sympathize with you there...
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »

Probably because the thread doesn't seem to be trying to prove anything, other than bringing up a discussion whether there are others, like OP, who still aren't bored of the game.

But who knows? Maybe there's some kind of hidden meaning behind it all that OP is secretly putting together.