Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 4 getting better???

Comments

• arbertarbert Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't like the fact that for any significant improvement to game play, I'm forced to pay again almost what I payed in the first place. Its unfair to put out a subpar game and then make people pay for improvements.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    It started off so great there was never any room for improvement. So, no it hasn't gotten any better, it's been a plateau of perfection and I only see it remaining exactly the same.
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    > @JasonAnthonySterling said:
    > It started off so great there was never any room for improvement. So, no it hasn't gotten any better, it's been a plateau of perfection and I only see it remaining exactly the same.
    Really wow. I think even every single person working on the game would disagree with the word "perfect"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The expansions are definitely making the game better, but it was always EA's intention to make us pay for the best stuff. Stuff Packs are their bread and butter, Expansions are their meat and potatoes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The expansions are definitely making the game better, but it was always EA's intention to make us pay for the best stuff. Stuff Packs are their bread and butter, Expansions are their meat and potatoes.

For a lot of the content, that's been the same way for every Sims game. It's nothing new.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Expansions for the previous iterations only built on what was a solid foundation for the base game. In other words, they expanded the base game. That's not true for the Sims 4. All the DLC does is to add back some of the things that were left out in the first place, which we end up having to pay for to begin with.

And as for THIS statement:

It started off so great there was never any room for improvement. So, no it hasn't gotten any better, it's been a plateau of perfection and I only see it remaining exactly the same.

It takes a certain level of....I don't know what...to believe that this is actually true. Even game reviewers haven't come out and said this was ever a perfect game. In the interest of not getting banned, I won't even say what I really feel about that statement. I'm just going to sit here and shake my head.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Jarsie9 - I've so rarely seen that statement that I don't take it as indicative of a common view. In any case, it's all personal opinion. If that's someone's opinion, then I guess that's okay. I mean, I have a hard time getting my head into the opinion that Sims 3 Sims are more expressive than Sims 4 Sims, but that doesn't make it an invalid opinion or mean that those people have a certain level of anything. To each their own, you know?

As for the OP, I think in some ways Sims 4 is getting better and in some ways not. I've liked tweaks to situational responses, and I think that GT was a brilliant add-on that changes up gameplay in an exciting way. At the same time, I've been frustrated to have my rotational gameplay style eaten into by changes to the game. For me, it's about the same overall at the moment, and still my favorite of the 4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member

Are you, like, ignorant or something?
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    ... there are SO many glitches. Once they fix one, many more appear in its place. It's a vicious cycle and it really interrupts game play.

When players have to rely so heavily on mods, that really says something about the game.
    To be fair, that sounds a lot like Sims 3 as well! :(

Other than that, although the game appears to be improving, as you'd expect it to, for me it still doesn't have the rich and varied breadth of options that allow you to play a long game over many generations and find interesting and different things for each and every Sim to do.

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I think it is Offensive to say someone is Ignorant, just because they do not agree with you, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you do not like what others say then that is okay as well, BUT the name calling is uncalled for, now that is MY opinion.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Its getting better but theres still a WHOLLEEEE lot more which needs to happen imo :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • jr866goonerjr866gooner Posts: 6 New Member
    IMHO TS1,2 will be very hard to top but TS4 is brilliant and forever improving as far as I am concerned.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    AmyDames wrote: »
    You know what the worst thing is. When your sims mother dies when he's at school and he doesn't really care because he didn't witness it 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!! Reactions should be hardware to events not only triggered by witnessing it. If your sims friend dies you should have a txt from someone telling you with grants a sad mood let

Yes, this shows the lack of concern in this game of how players think things should work. Wouldn't you think when they got home they would realize someone died like in TS2 and TS3 but this game doesn't even register someone they knew died. I can't get past things like that missing in this game. How can it be the best in the series and not contain the depth of a family member dying or their best friend etc. like it does in TS2 or TS3? I don't get how anyone can say it's the best version ever. Why? Because it runs?

The game running is a minimum requirement to enjoy any game. Some players were unable to run Sims 3. My old notebook barely ran it, and the loading screens it did have (startup, traveling between subneighborhoods) took forever, but I can now run it on my new gaming desktop computer like a charm (except for the two stuff packs that I couldn't install on it because they are in storage until sometime this summer). I also have Sims 1 and Sims 2 (both with all expansion packs and Sims 2 stuff packs) on my notebook computer, but my new gaming desktop runs Windows 10, and so Sims 1 and Sims 2 probably will not install on it once I get the cds/dvds out of storage (though I will try my best). So basically, on the computer I'm using right now (gaming desktop), I have Sims 3 and Sims 4, and on the notebook, I have Sims 1 and Sims 2, Sims 3 that barely runs, and Sims 4(not including Get Together and Romantic Garden stuff, which I installed on my gaming desktop). Notice I cannot run all 4 games on either computer, since my notebook doesn't even meet the system requirements for Sims 3 (it has integrated graphics). Had I had to wait until I could afford a new computer to get Sims 4, I would've waited until Nov. 2015. So on my notebook computer, Sims 4 just worked better than Sims 3. But now that I have my gaming desktop, I often go back to Sims 3 when I miss time travel, university, toddlers, fame, alchemy, and magic and open world and driveable vehicles. (Decorative vehicles are easy enough to make in Sims 4 - just resize a toy vehicle to full-size.) But I have to say I don't miss the zombies and rabbitholes from Sims 3.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Jeepsy321Jeepsy321 Posts: 1 New Member
    I remember the days when I used to say "I'm just going to play for an hour" but then it stretched to 6 hours. Yep, those were good times. Unfortunately that's not the case for sims 4.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    OP, not in my book. All life stages are not in the game and it's been out nearly 1 and 1/ 2 years. Leaving many family players in limbo is unforgiveable and definitely not better. It will continue to over shadow any positive steps because it is clear all the game focuses on is YA fun. The game has no heart and soul - so how can it ever be better. I suppose if you are a YA you will feel the game is getting better - but not so for many of us who are getting sick and tired of waiting for the whole game to be brought together - as technically YA age is considered as short an age as childhood - people are adults for the majority of their lives - yet no focus hardly at all in the real life and times of adults and their growing families.

This should have been a side game called the Sims Dating game. I am actually still waiting for the real Sims 4 game to come out. I will never look at this game to be a real Sims 4 as long as toddlers are missing, teens are like they are, incest and culling runs rampard through the game, and everything it seems in the game seems directed at the YA sims more than any as if any other life stage is garbage to the creators of this false Sims 4 wanna be. In my opinion of course. I just prefer a much less shallow, meaningless game than this one is. It was good up until it comes time to play the game. I loved build mode and even CAS - then put my new sims in their new house and the game for me just is not sims worthy. Not a bit of the new content has changed my opinion one iota.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am very confident that the Sims 4 has a great future ahead of it. It's missing some stuff from the Sims 3 for the time being, but over all the Sims 4 is a much better experience IMO. With every new expansion, game pack, or release I just get excited and want to buy it! LOL! I love the Sims 4!
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    OP, not in my book. All life stages are not in the game and it's been out nearly 2 years. Leaving many family players in limbo is unforgiveable and definitely not better. It will continue to over shadow any positive steps because it is clear all the game focuses on is YA fun. The game has no heart and soul - so how can it ever be better. I suppose if you are a YA you will feel the game is getting better - but not so for many of us who are getting sick and tired of waiting for the whole game to be brought together - as technically YA age is considered as short an age as childhood - people are adults for the majority of their lives - yet no focus hardly at all in the real life and times of adults and their growing families.

This should have been a side game called the Sims Dating game.

If they want to appeal to young adults then getting rid of toddlers was a blow for me I'm a ya though I still feel like a kid :D I thought the tykes were adorable it's what invested me in Sims 3. I don't mind the party stuff it's the selfies that disgust me and I hear they can't do family portraits which makes no sense to me. To this day I think Rugrat like babies/toddlers were the best way to go, or even studying real life toddlers/babies and a little imagination goes along way and sadly I have little hope for Sims 5 :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    OP, not in my book. All life stages are not in the game and it's been out nearly 2 years. Leaving many family players in limbo is unforgiveable and definitely not better. It will continue to over shadow any positive steps because it is clear all the game focuses on is YA fun. The game has no heart and soul - so how can it ever be better. I suppose if you are a YA you will feel the game is getting better - but not so for many of us who are getting sick and tired of waiting for the whole game to be brought together - as technically YA age is considered as short an age as childhood - people are adults for the majority of their lives - yet no focus hardly at all in the real life and times of adults and their growing families.

This should have been a side game called the Sims Dating game.

If they want to appeal to young adults then getting rid of toddlers was a blow for me I'm a ya though I still feel like a kid :D I thought the tykes were adorable it's what invested me in Sims 3. I don't mind the party stuff it's the selfies that disgust me and I hear they can't do family portraits which makes no sense to me. To this day I think Rugrat like babies/toddlers were the best way to go, or even studying real life toddlers/babies and a little imagination goes along way and sadly I have little hope for Sims 5 :(

Totally agree - I did not mean to show any disrespect to your age group if I did - lord knows my family is full of YA's from 17 -27, and I have to admit all of them say pretty much what you have. In fact even the pre-teen who was new to the Sims this year - for Christmas she got the Sims 4 - caught sight of her moms game - her mom had given up Sims 4 until they get toddlers - and had gone back to Sims 2 and also bought herself Sims 3 - and the pre-teen pitched a pre-teen fit over why her Sims game did not have toddlers and all that great family play in the game. She is a pre-teen and just more or less graduated from playing with dolls and doll houses - so she was not liking what she is seeing in her game. In fact she played her game all of 3 weeks and has not touched it since - she is happier just sitting and watching her mom play her game.

So even the pre-teens people said they thought EA was trying to attract with Sims 4 is proving they don't like this game if they have seen what this sweetie calls the real Sims games - which is Sims 2 and Sims 3. Then who exactly is EA selling this game to - as this pre-teen is not even thinking about a Sims 5, she wants Sims 2 and Sims 3. LOL.

Her mom did tell her that if she keeps her grades up til school ends she will get her at least the Sims 3 for graduation from elementary school to middle school in June for the summer. But the kid is done with Sims 4, she is not even willing to wait to see if EA makes it better. EA tends to forget - kids now a days are not patient they want every thing yesterday. LOL.

But yes - totally agree - the game just isn't the Sims - it is something else but not the Sims we have loved for so many years. Oh and don't even get me started on the "family" portrait stuff - there is just no good reason for that at all. NOT a one.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    You know what the worst thing is. When your sims mother dies when he's at school and he doesn't really care because he didn't witness it 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!! Reactions should be hardware to events not only triggered by witnessing it. If your sims friend dies you should have a txt from someone telling you with grants a sad mood let

Yes, this shows the lack of concern in this game of how players think things should work. Wouldn't you think when they got home they would realize someone died like in TS2 and TS3 but this game doesn't even register someone they knew died. I can't get past things like that missing in this game. How can it be the best in the series and not contain the depth of a family member dying or their best friend etc. like it does in TS2 or TS3? I don't get how anyone can say it's the best version ever. Why? Because it runs?

The game running is a minimum requirement to enjoy any game. Some players were unable to run Sims 3. My old notebook barely ran it, and the loading screens it did have (startup, traveling between subneighborhoods) took forever, but I can now run it on my new gaming desktop computer like a charm (except for the two stuff packs that I couldn't install on it because they are in storage until sometime this summer). I also have Sims 1 and Sims 2 (both with all expansion packs and Sims 2 stuff packs) on my notebook computer, but my new gaming desktop runs Windows 10, and so Sims 1 and Sims 2 probably will not install on it once I get the cds/dvds out of storage (though I will try my best). So basically, on the computer I'm using right now (gaming desktop), I have Sims 3 and Sims 4, and on the notebook, I have Sims 1 and Sims 2, Sims 3 that barely runs, and Sims 4(not including Get Together and Romantic Garden stuff, which I installed on my gaming desktop). Notice I cannot run all 4 games on either computer, since my notebook doesn't even meet the system requirements for Sims 3 (it has integrated graphics). Had I had to wait until I could afford a new computer to get Sims 4, I would've waited until Nov. 2015. So on my notebook computer, Sims 4 just worked better than Sims 3. But now that I have my gaming desktop, I often go back to Sims 3 when I miss time travel, university, toddlers, fame, alchemy, and magic and open world and driveable vehicles. (Decorative vehicles are easy enough to make in Sims 4 - just resize a toy vehicle to full-size.) But I have to say I don't miss the zombies and rabbitholes from Sims 3.

This is why you don't try to play graphic intensive games on a laptop. Anyone who wants to enjoy games invest in desktops. Sorry, but that's the truth. I don't try to play any Sims' game on any laptop I have ever owned. I know better. ETA: And to that point why build a game that has to be compromised (closed world, loading screens, no toddlers, less reactions and interactions, no differences in life stages etc . etc etc.) just so it can run on a laptop. Seems that is a waste of money. ETA: Sorry not enough coffee, point I'm trying to make...it's like the one of my teachers in college years ago..asked me did I want to make $80,000 a year as an engineer in computers or $50,000 as a computer programmer. Do they want to make big money or low amount. Big ideas..TS3 made more money (even the store) than this game. And this game isn't as complex as the other games so was it worth it to sacrifice all those ideas just so a small game could run on a small machine? I would argue, no.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I am very confident that the Sims 4 has a great future ahead of it. It's missing some stuff from the Sims 3 for the time being, but over all the Sims 4 is a much better experience IMO. With every new expansion, game pack, or release I just get excited and want to buy it! LOL! I love the Sims 4!

Yes, of course, The Sims 4 has a great future ahead of it. As long as you're willing to throw money at it. It's missing some stuff from the Sims 3 all right, but it's not for the time being. It's more like "It's never coming back" stuff. Or if we want it, we have to buy it, even if it originally came with the Sims 3 base game. People make a big deal over how quickly they added ghosts and pools. What they tend to forget is that those items were already developed and were probably only held back at launch in order to sell them back to us as downloadable content (DLC).

I'm wondering what's taking them so long to announce the next game pack. Not that I'm excited about it, because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be anything earth-shaking, but it does seem strange that we haven't heard anything by now.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made. o:)

Do you just copy and paste that same sentence on eveybody posts?
    I have seen you use it for months lol!
    Ain't you bored with it?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• VeridioVeridio Posts: 21 New Member
    I still feel that The Sims 3 is the benchmark for how The Sims series should be. Didn't The Sims 3 have custom neighborhoods to live in?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2016
    The base game has improved but still not a completed game £70 I paid for it in 2014!
    Other game packs were an improvement for new stuff!
    The stuff pack are mostly a big mess and seem a more like a cash grab. They are cheap. It lack quality to me and like the store from TS3 more.

They did do a good job with romantic. Garden though

Some of the spooky content looks like free stuff from TS3 store.

The buffet tables should of been in the basegame and the hot tub.

We have a half baked expansion and another that seems to be one of the smallest in the whole series and did not make any big changes. All changes lack lack lack

Small changes

Groups
    Retail
    3 active careers
    Camping hood
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2016

This is why you don't try to play graphic intensive games on a laptop. Anyone who wants to enjoy games invest in desktops. Sorry, but that's the truth. I don't try to play any Sims' game on any laptop I have ever owned. I know better. ETA: And to that point why build a game that has to be compromised (closed world, loading screens, no toddlers, less reactions and interactions, no differences in life stages etc . etc etc.) just so it can run on a laptop. Seems that is a waste of money. ETA: Sorry not enough coffee, point I'm trying to make...it's like the one of my teachers in college years ago..asked me did I want to make $80,000 a year as an engineer in computers or $50,000 as a computer programmer. Do they want to make big money or low amount. Big ideas..TS3 made more money (even the store) than this game. And this game isn't as complex as the other games so was it worth it to sacrifice all those ideas just so a small game could run on a small machine? I would argue, no.
    I do agree with you however I would say low end computers was not designed to play Sims 3 at it's best. However in the desktop favor was the ability to be upgraded as long as it had the appropriate upgrade points in question(GPU/CPU). IMHO Sims 3 was not optimized for play on low end to some mid end machines and some will use the debate on high end had some problems but it was not across the board and in some cases EA/Maxis improperly tweaking the game or not at all in some cases. EA/Maxis should have known that low end machines would have some problems playing Sims 3 with the features being used and did not tweak it which in one case lead us to Sims 4 which was dumbed down to run on most machines it has just enough to keep one group of users entertained and another group not so entertained. Some cannot take Sims 4 over and beyond and EA/Maxis is just playing it safe. I wanted it all for Sims 4 and sadly I will not get it even if EA/Maxis puts mountains of items in the game, it needs features as well.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    In your guys opinion do you think the sims 4 is getting better and do you have hope for the future? ;) I definitely do

In my opinion since the Sims 4 released in 2014 it has improved massively! :) I know some Simmers still feel that there hasn't been much improvement but the way I see it is that the game has improved quite a bit. We now have swimming pools, ghosts, lots of packs which added a fair bit of content to the game :)
    For me the Sims 4 has come a long way and I have enjoyed everything that's been released for it. There are still a lot of things missing, such as toddlers and burglars but I believe they will be added to the game in time :)

For me the Sims 4 has come a long way since September 2014 and I have no doubt in my mind that it will become a lot better over the next few years as new content and packs are released for it :)

Matthew.