Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Saw this and was reminded of the TS4 Selfie obsession:

http://jezebel.com/mastercard-loves-millennials-plans-to-accept-selfies-a-1761861132

Why couldn't they just call it "facial recognition"? Instead of vapid pop culture, it could be sold as high-tech. Oh wait, we're so jaded with technology these days.

OMG!!
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I keep telling myself I'm going to give rotational play a try soon in TS4 (I've always been a one family legacy gal) -- funny how there never seems to be enough time in a day now to get to it though.

I DO like TS4 better than I did -- enjoy it, even. But it doesn't hold my attention the way TS3 and TS1 did (missed out on TS2 until recently).

But.. I almost wonder how far in generations can I get a whole town in to..

With, of course, a freakin' mod to stop culling because TS4 was not thought out well in that area.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    TS2 did add, I think in one of the last few XPs, the ability to age up friends when a played sim had a birthday. So by the end of the game you could bring a child's friends along to teenage or adulthood if you wanted, even if they were townies. But by then I was so hooked on rotational play and having different families to play in different ways. But the birthday op and University were the only ways to age townies - and of course if you took them to Uni they were thereafter player sims.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I've actually never been the hugest fan of rotational play OR single family play, hate to admit it.

I would like a mix of TS3 and TS2, honestly. Having to play in every household to make sure that everyone's ages stay aligned was one of the most annoying things I can remember from TS2 because if you have a BIG town and LOTS of stories going on, that's a lot of household switching that you may not want to do. In TS3, you did have the ability to have Sims keep aging while you were away from them...but they may also pull a TS4 and end up dating people and sleeping around and making babies and all of that nonsense -- sometimes while married!! -- and then you have to drop everything to fix it. I'd like it if Sims aged up and made FRIENDS and grew in their jobs and etcetc., but didn't do a single romantic thing while you weren't controlling them if they were in a previously established relationship. I don't always want my Sims to cheat, even if they are flirty, gosh!!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    That's what's so great about the NRASS mods. I can choose options for each household I play. For single adults, I might allow romance but not steady or marriage because my sims need my approval of their partner first. :D

For my married couples, I can forbid break-ups and flirting with other sims. All these settings are for households not being played, btw. It doesn't affect the silly reputation and jealousy systems and probably some other lame systems they put in the game. I once had a long-time married couple get divorced at his adult BD party that was held in a club - and I didn't even know it until the party was over. I think he must have flirted with another sim or something and the game just divorced them on the spot. I had to quit without saving because I was not OK with that nonsense. They should at least have gone to marriage counseling first. ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    That's what's so great about the NRASS mods. I can choose options for each household I play. For single adults, I might allow romance but not steady or marriage because my sims need my approval of their partner first. :D

For my married couples, I can forbid break-ups and flirting with other sims. All these settings are for households not being played, btw. It doesn't affect the silly reputation and jealousy systems and probably some other lame systems they put in the game. I once had a long-time married couple get divorced at his adult BD party that was held in a club - and I didn't even know it until the party was over. I think he must have flirted with another sim or something and the game just divorced them on the spot. I had to quit without saving because I was not OK with that nonsense. They should at least have gone to marriage counseling first. ;)

Yes! nraas SP is great, I use it to set different behaviours even for each sim within a household, you know, this one I don´t want it to get a job, those others I do want to marry ramdonly and those I don´t want to be married without my supervisión, and the same with moving or skilling or having babies, you can set each household and each sim to your taste (even the number of days between marriage and babies and between siblins) and you can micromage some of the households limiting the SP to a minimun and let the others to evolve without you...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

That sounds really cool @HappySimmer3 :) I really need to check out a mod site at some point and see what you can get for the Sims 3. Judging by what you've said it sounds like you can get some really awesome ones :) So I'll have to see if I can get the mod site freed up for myself :)

Today's going to be quite busy for me. I have a lot to think about (good thinking, not worries) and that's a good thing because I listen to my records and play Sims as I do it :smiley: I will also be working on my game as well as checking the forum every few minutes :)
    So I have today all worked out and planned.

I hope guys and girls have great days as well :) sending you all love for the day ahead <3

HaveAGreatDayFlowersSign.jpg

Matthew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @S100Headache I feel like I just lost some hope in humanity seeing that...lol.

Thank you for your sweet wishes @Sennie :) I hope you are having a good day too :)

I'm still new to the mods so I'm trying to set things and if it goes wrong because I'm rotating families that arent mine it feels a bit safer if that makes sense? I won't worry about it too much if I get unwanted outcomes and it'll help me learn to use in my normal saves :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I'm just getting too old I guess. I think people are just getting too into themselves with this selfie craze. Used to be we took pics of scenes for our memories. Now 'we' take pics of ourselves. Just a wee bit narcissistic to me.

@TheSingingSimmer great pics!

@HappySimmer3 ::waves:: and sighs over your Christopher Steele. He was my first sim's boyfriend when I started playing.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2016
    My sims are going to the UNI, it´s now the turn of Silvia

Screenshot-96_zpsxnucmn3y.jpg

Screenshot-99_zpsioayyvsb.jpg

Screenshot-98_zpstlkojgf2.jpg

Screenshot-97_zpskdrcfwi8.jpg

Screenshot-100_zpslgbjmwai.jpg

Screenshot-101_zpsdidlv7ep.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    Wow she is gorgeous @junceda :) I love her hair and lipstick!
    @ArielleSaire that post encapsulates exactly why I love family play, thank you for sharing <3
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    The Sims 3 family play was everything. :tired_face:
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I started playing with the Newbie and Broke families in an attempt to recreate TS2 family story. I used the two pre-made families from Riverview to get Brandi Newbie. And aged her up to a child when she met Skip Broke.

Screenshot-3_zpsd2idrcu9.jpg

Brandi and Betty.
    Screenshot-9_zpsot9qfkvc.jpg

Brandi's childhood was quite idyllic.
    Screenshot_zpsxsv3w8xk.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zpsh0uwebsh.jpg

Here is Brandi as a teenager.
    Screenshot-16_zps7tmxswdq.jpg

Brandi and Skip started dating in high school and are currently still teenagers.
    Screenshot-19_zps8emvchh0.jpg

In the meantime, the Newbie's and Simovitch's all live under the same roof while Brandi grows up.

Nice pictures :) I've been under the impression that treehouses were rabbitholes is this true?
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    @Invaderchickycat. You can't follow them inside, grown ups can whoohoo in the treehouse so maybe thats why. It's kind of a secret place and I don't mind that. :smile:

"Princess, let your hair down"
    2sajw8y.jpg
    I have a kid that always sleep in the treehouse :lol:
    kb86ye.jpg
    Think we need a toddler pic. Bigbrother reading to his little sister.
    15q6cz7.jpg
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    <snip>

Awwww, how sweet!
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    15q6cz7.jpg

Ah that's just the cutest <3 Love your pictures :)

Matthew.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I got TS2 Ultimate Collection so I made a family household !!!

Wbh8Fxz.png

HewUPHz.png

JPDgJVp.png

UdWzFRH.png
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    I miss that charisma toy in TS3 :(
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I had a child who would get out of bed to go sleep in the treehouse. It drove me nuts - you were already asleep!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yeah I don't think so @S100Headache you can obviously tell who is who. Sensationalist mail articles strike again! lol. I dont mean it in a 'bad' way-it's just you can tell there is a difference in ages and there should be! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top