Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone who also misses laptops?

Every time when I have too many people in my household who need a computer to work and there's no space for another desk and other laptop (i.e. two tech gurus or writers and there's room for only one computer), I remember how much I miss laptops in my game.

kJqNL7s.jpg

You wouldn't even need a special desk for them; I always put them in the dining room and then dragged it to the sim's inventory. I always did that when I had children or teens in my household, because I wanted them to make homework on their room and put a desk there. Now I need to choose between giving my children and the rest of my household because everyone uses any computer in my households a computer or giving them a quiet space to do their homework.

This was also very useful for writers and workaholics (and now could be useful for any other job that has work to do on the PC). You could work anywhere!

Feeling confined and want to go ouside? Sure~~~
WsCVk6k.jpg

The cafeteria in Windenburg has free wifi!!
xAFrhnr.png?1

But there are no laptops in TS4 >:(
HsrFUpU.png?1

My sims are very upset about this! Unless, of course, EA includes laptops in a EP/SP/GP or patch bc everything is better when it's free
Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Yes I miss laptops
    6adMCGP.gif
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would like laptops back too.
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    I'd really like to have laptops back too! They made it so much easier!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I just realized today there's no laptops! I have sim who loves the outdoors with the Computer Whiz aspiration, so I went into buy mode figuring he could use a laptop at the table outside...only to find there isn't one :/

I'd love to see laptops come back, and maybe expand the functionality of tablets as well, they're useless right now.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I just realized today there's no laptops! I have sim who loves the outdoors with the Computer Whiz aspiration, so I went into buy mode figuring he could use a laptop at the table outside...only to find there isn't one :/

I'd love to see laptops come back, and maybe expand the functionality of tablets as well, they're useless right now.

When I first saw tablets I thought they would be a better version of laptops....silly me. Even in real life laptops own any tablet or phone.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I want them back, too. I miss being able to keep a laptop in my Sim's inventory and take them to the park or a cafe and let them sit there and work on a novel or something. Tablets are not the same. I have no idea why they left them out of the basegame.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Would definitely like to see them back. Tablets are a poor substitution.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I would love to see them return too. And with expanded capabilities.
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    I really want laptops. There are desktop computers, tablets, and cell phones. There might as well be laptops. There should be all colors to choose from or special designs for a laptop, like zebra or rainbow. black laptop, red laptop, green laptop, purple laptop, etc. There should be more than one type of laptop like a regular laptop and a gaming laptop. There is room for improvement -- laptops.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Tablets are kinda pointless sadly I do hope laptops return and that the tablets act like laptops somehow ( something like those windows tablets haha )
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I also miss the option to play chess on the computer. I hate that I need to buy a chess table or one of these huge telescope/microscope to increase my sims' logic skill. (I never use skill books)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Laptops are one of my most missed features. You could take them everywhere with your sims!
    I know we have the tablet, but it just isn't the same. For such a seemingly modern TS4, where are the laptops at?
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they come with an expansion! A University/school EP maybe? Either way I miss them too. I have a CC laptop currently, but it's only for looks really because it's not portable like the Sims 3 ones. Please bring them back! :)
  • SophieLogicSophieLogic Posts: 53 Member
    Why did they even get rid of them? I know we have tablets now but really? Also the fact they now have mobile phones is organised and all but come on, not every kid has a mobile. I miss house phones D:
    @SophieLogic
    I don't think they left them out, I think they're planning on implementing them in a future Expansion. Possibly a University one.
    > @Tarruvi said:
    > @SophieLogic
    > I don't think they left them out, I think they're planning on implementing them in a future Expansion. Possibly a University one.

Oh Nice. You'd think it would be base game though but I guess they make things convenient so why not slap it in an expansion! They better not put it in a stuff pack, I honestly don't see all the worth in those.
    @SophieLogic
    Not everyone does, they're there when you need 'em. But you don't have to get them if they're just not what you needed in your game. All the content is interesting and it has it's uses.

That fountain of mirth, my sims are just attracted to that fountain when it starts churning chocolate. :lol:
    It could also come in some sort of tech/electronic pack? :o
    @Tarruvi I really like some of the stuff it comes with but i feel like buying an expansion pack comes with so much more that I'd rather spend it on that. However the Romantic Garden has really bothered me with the fountain. I want it but I'll wait to find it discounted somewhere!
    Oh you genius.
    Literally Im going round this forum coming up with so many awesome thoughts for new expansions and so many people have amazing suggestions! They should do like a "Peoples Choice" expansion, do like a poll on the most popular concept and bring that into play!
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I miss them too. They were very comfortabe.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes I miss them too!
    Literally Im going round this forum coming up with so many awesome thoughts for new expansions and so many people have amazing suggestions! They should do like a "Peoples Choice" expansion, do like a poll on the most popular concept and bring that into play!

I agree! I mean it makes sense to ask players what they would like to see in the game and majority vote wins.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

aprilrose wrote: »
    Yes I miss them too!

I agree! I mean it makes sense to ask players what they would like to see in the game and majority vote wins.

Maybe the developers have their own poll, a "What's trending poll"?
    Like: They survey the forums for high activity, and scout around the active zones for possible content.

They then get together for further development, and get to work on the packs when everything is in line. :)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    You can get various cc laptops off the web, that's what I've got if you don't mind cc :)
    giphy_1.gif
    You can get various cc laptops off the web, that's what I've got if you don't mind cc :)

I love having certain custom content(dog tails and fangs), but there are instances where I feel I shouldn't have to have it. :neutral:
    Like, cc laptops taking the place of vanilla portable laptops. I don't like the feeling, it scares me thinking that's as close I'll get to a possible laptop ever in game, or any other feature for that matter. :fearful:
    P.S. But, I would like to thank all cc creators for their work in creating the mods we use. They're really nice. :smile:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, it's really weird that we don't have them. 'Nope... you can't have landline phones anymore because people don't use them' (Umm.... I do!). Well, by that logic, everyone uses a laptop these days so we should have them!

It makes me wonder if there's a technical reason for not having them. I've downloaded a couple of cc unmovable 'laptops' and I've been meaning to make them inventory-able. I guess I'll have to do it and find out! It could be that Sims put them down in stupid places or glitch when you try and use them. I'll see...

[edit: I did not swear, cheeky censor, making me look bad. :-P ]
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    There are lots of omissions in TS4 that don't make sense.. I mean, I understand the lack of open world or CASt to make gameplay smoother, but did laptops make much difference? I just don't get it.