Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue small lines when playing

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can tell me what little blue lines and streaks mean when in game play mode? I read it can be some sort of corruption or something to do with bad mesh from CC flashing blue but I am not sure what mine could be as I have removed all the CC I have and its still doing it.

I started a new clean neighborhood and began testing anything I added CC wise a little at a time so naturally when it started to happen I removed my last small folder of CC as I had not experienced any problem up to then however when the problem continued I eventually removed all my CC but the blue dots/streaks remain.

I also have several mods but I have never before experienced any problems with the ones I use and they pass the hack utility detector test so I doubt its those.

I don't really want to start a new neighborhood again because I have invested a lot of time in the family I am currently playing so any advice on what I may be able to do would be gratefully received...

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Could you manage to get a picture of it? I've seen the flashing blue CC, but never blue lines. So I am not quite sure what you mean.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi :)

It's a messed up memory in game. It doesn't always mean the neighborhood is corrupt, just that some memories aren't right in game. Not that your game messed up but the game has the mess up.

*Also, never remove custom foods- they get memories for making/eating them and it will mess up memories which can mess up the neighborhoods. :)
  • Options
    @cleo00

I went back in game after removing a mod that I had added and it seemed to do the trick for now so no photo I am afraid.

@Rflong7 I don't really understand how memories function and I don't have any custom foods so is there anything I can do to fix memories in any way so this does not happen?
  • Options
    They were in a thought bubble or speech bubble, right?

http://modthesims.info/t/541709
  • Options
    @Rflong7

No the little squiggly lines were just hanging in the air so to speak but as stated earlier they have been vastly reduced after removing a mod so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. From what you have written it appears different blue lines means something different depending where they are showing up?

I got another problem today I had never experienced before which was time passing excruciatingly slowly on the home lot which happened after I downloaded and moved my family into a new house I had downloaded. As soon as I moved them back out of the house and bulldozed it the time went back to normal on a new lot.

I am really careful about what I download and tend to refurbish lots in the neighborhood the best I can to avoid excessive CC etc, but not being able to find a modern and/or very large house for my sims without something going wrong is doing my noodle in right now-)

I have downloaded and play tested all your lots with no problems, not that I expected any-) but the minute I try to download just one residential lot from somewhere designated as a safe site and tests clean through installer I am getting problems for some reason... >:)
  • Options
    I don't know what it is if the lines are just in the air, sorry. :(

Wow... That is strange. I have no idea if there wasn't any CC or mods in the download to cause the lag. Removing some mods/cc from downloaded lots can add problems. Iirc. It's been a long time since I've downloaded anyones lots. I do have some lots with CC and mods that I don't share because I know better... :(

Are the lots the biggest and full of stuff? :(
  • Options
    @Rflong7

As I have not played 2 for very long I am not certain what may be considered strange lol so I think I will just continue and hope for the best :)

I am in CC/mods test mode right now trying to compile a definitive list of what I like and what works in game so I know whats in my game and what I would like to keep testing.

The residential houses I like tend to be 6 beds plus reasonably modern looking with a lot of open plan style space as I like to play with large families but the few I have tried whilst large sized have not shown any CC when installing them so I am not sure whats going wrong.

I don't mind attempting remakes of some of the commercial lots to reduce the use of CC but there is simply nothing in the bin big enough for my house needs and my building skills are not good enough to create anything that looks modern and decent so I am stuck right now.

I only use one other commercial lot apart from yours at the moment with a little CC and get no problems from that so unless there is something different about residential builds I don't know about I cannot figure out what's going on.

I hope I can resolve this because I want to add back the lots JULES1111 gave me the links for like the carnival lot and a water park which do have quite a lot of CC attached.