Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who's bored..?

15678911...Next

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    > @Pyur_Jenius said:
    > Apparently i have tried everything, then, and it's "not for" me. Yes, i've "mix[ed] it up" i've played goal-oriented and all the rest. I came to it with an open mind expecting to play differently but i still don't like it. I don't mind a bit of repetition for unlocking excitement but it just takes too stinking long and too much repetition to get the least bit of excitement. There are just no surprises to it. I cannot find predictability any fun. So i guess it is "me".

I think it's just me too. Sadly, because I really wanted to love this game.

No worries, I reckon there are a lot of "it's just me"s out there. Eventually, the number will cut into EA's sales enough that they bother to do something about it. Otherwise, the "it's just me"s will increase and the franchise will be the next Sim City. That being said, from what I hear about Cities: Skylines, that might be a good thing :smirk:
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I'm not you? Sorry, in all seriousness - I've done this explaining thing so many times since September and I've gotten tired of doing it. I just think we all don't enjoy the same things, nothing more than that in the end.
    Well I can't argue with that! I don't always agree with you but I have nothing but respect for this post.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Still bored with get to work and get together myself :(

I spent 30mins last night in the game before getting bored so put free play on and spent 6 hours playing and building
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Since there hadn't been much family play in TS4

It's been really boring for my family households
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    baddazoner wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    olyanaesme wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love TS4, but lately I've just been a little bored with it. I can't play my game for more than 30 minutes each day, and it just feels like somethings missing. I seriously hope the gurus are planning a new GP, because I honestly don't feel any inclination to play anymore. :s

The biggest problem I have is with the EP...I thought it could keep me entertained for long but...the careers get so repetative...I just...get so bored of going to the hospital or the lab thingy that I don't even bother putting my sims in those careers anymore.

I hope the next EP does not include any type of "active careers" now because why bother if they get so repetative...

get to work was a poor choice for a first EP would of been fine if it was the 2nd or 3rd but they really needed to bring out a great first EP that would keep people interested

they probably lost a fair few people who may not be as willing to buy the next one considering how quickly they got bored.

I don't agree. It was an excellent choice with an amazing concept but poorly executed in some areas like the goals in the active careers and retail. If they could throw the goals away and tag work activities that increase or decrease job performance etc and fix the retail it would make it a far better pack instead of having the repetitive careers and a poor retail (still waiting on those shopping bags).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I spent 30mins last night in the game before getting bored so put free play on and spent 6 hours playing and building

Were you able to complete the Urban Furniture event? I had 25 sims working on the Woodworking hobby and was able to get all 7 furniture sets! It reminds me of Mid Century and I'd love to have something like that in Sims 4.
  • sarallissarallis Posts: 77 Member
    I think that taking away from the "family" aspect of the game is killing it for me. I'm not going to rant about toddlers, but that was one of the things that made it feel more like a family to me.. plus, a lot of the EPs are geared more towards social hangouts. Not family. I try to play it, but I get so bored with it, so fast! Every now and then I get a desire, but then I get bored about an hour in and I'm done.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2016
    Someone has gotten their wish. They said we should post on an existing post, rather than create yet another complaining post. This post is from back in May of last year, and yet after two expansion packs and two game packs and numerous stuff packs...very little has changed. This post remains just as valid now as it was when it was first posted.

Maybe bringing up old posts instead of creating new ones isn't such a good idea after all. Of course, the mods probably should have moved this one to Feedback a long time ago.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!

Were you able to complete the Urban Furniture event? I had 25 sims working on the Woodworking hobby and was able to get all 7 furniture sets! It reminds me of Mid Century and I'd love to have something like that in Sims 4.

Yes I completed that collection last week thankfully. That's great you completed it also :) its worth it and love eveything in it and agree

I missed some other things like hair sets and stuff but done well with buy mode sets!

Yes I completed that collection last week thankfully. That's great you completed it also :) its worth it and love eveything in it and agree

I missed some other things like hair sets and stuff but done well with buy mode sets!

The Sleepwear event is going on now but I'll probably pass on that. I think you can only have one sim walking the catwalk for the modeling hobby plus I don't really care about the clothing in FreePlay.

The Sleepwear event is going on now but I'll probably pass on that. I think you can only have one sim walking the catwalk for the modeling hobby plus I don't really care about the clothing in FreePlay.

Some of the long hair for girls is really nice and the odd male one and some of the outfits but that sleep wear ain't worth the time though the toddler preteens ones are cute :)

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I have had the Sims 4 since September, I gave up on it, I went back to Sims 2 and 3, I got everything they dished out for it, and still was not worth my time, it is sad when you sit to play a game, and it makes you fall asleep in your chair, I hate that.

Some of the long hair for girls is really nice and the odd male one and some of the outfits but that sleep wear ain't worth the time though the toddler preteens ones are cute :)

Yeah, If I could guarantee I'd get the toddler ones first I'd do it. They are cute.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    sarallis wrote: »
    I think that taking away from the "family" aspect of the game is killing it for me. I'm not going to rant about toddlers, but that was one of the things that made it feel more like a family to me.. plus, a lot of the EPs are geared more towards social hangouts. Not family. I try to play it, but I get so bored with it, so fast! Every now and then I get a desire, but then I get bored about an hour in and I'm done.

Let there be toddlers! :)
    https://youtu.be/IK_8AQSkudk
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have had the Sims 4 since September, I gave up on it, I went back to Sims 2 and 3, I got everything they dished out for it, and still was not worth my time, it is sad when you sit to play a game, and it makes you fall asleep in your chair, I hate that.

I heard that! lol I have pretty much given up on it all though. I bought all the expansions and several of the stuff packs/game packs...just no fixing this game for me. I had so many high hopes for this edition and I feel so robbed. It's really hard for me to have to go back to the other versions. The Sims 3 was my favorite and hopefully someday I can embrace it again like I used to. I just wanted the new and shiny to be.. well, new and shiny... not backwards and dull.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    It seems like I won't enjoy sims 4 until more mods are out for the game. I have Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, and Get Together but the game doesn't keep me entertained at all. I think it's for 12 and under at times so that's probably why I'm not into it. Sims need more conflict and darkness in their lives, it's too happy for me XD.
  • AlisonCuteSimsAlisonCuteSims Posts: 165 Member
    Nope!

I switched to TS3 until TS team decides to release something else. My game is lacking a lot & I have all the packs.
    3dd20d8220bdc70e9490da5f62974d35.gif
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m not bored at all, I do alternate sims 4 with sims 3 though so maybe that's why. Anyway I like rotational play and my game is a bit like a soap opera, most of the sims know each other and are linked in some way by different storylines. At the moment, I m playing a sim who lives in tent growing stuff and fishing to make money, she wants to open her bakery though so she saves as much money as possible so she can build one at some point. When she has time she goes to baking club at the local university (just a building I set up with different rooms and lots of different clubs have their meetings there), it's a bit awkward though as she was engaged to another member of the club but it all fell apart when she discovered he was playing around. He meanwhile is in the spin masters and is loving seducing a different woman each night, dancing and having fun. He s not a bad guy and might settle down at some point but not yet. I m having fun but I could nt okay just one family in sims 4, I need to switch around or I probably would get bored.