Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kleptomaniac Challenge

The Kleptomaniac challenge is a pretty fun challenge I haven't finished it myself yet but hopefully you guys will have fun joining me in this challenge!
Its a challenge I created that has 2 versions to it each one special and fun in its own way :smile:
So starting off with the first version of the challenge is the The Towns Enemy:
** RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED **

The Town’s Enemy:
Main Goal:Your main goal is to steal from every house in town at least once

The challenge ends after you finish the goals below:
1.You reach top of criminal career
2.You finish the public enemy aspiration
3.Stole 3 things from every house in your neighborhood at least once.

Now a few guidelines for the challenge:
1.You start by making your main sim
2.For this kind of the challenge you sim MUST have the Deviance-Public Enemy aspiration
3.Your sim MUST have the kleptomaniac trait because after all its what the challenge is all about!
4.In addition to the kleptomaniac trait your sim MUST have at least 1 of the following traits: Evil and/or Mean. The rest of the traits are up to you!
5.You move your sim into a house (read the house rules below
There is a house for 2 sims and a house for one sim. The 2 sim house is if you have a partner and I will explain more about that bellow.
**NOTE:You start with 0 money after buying the house using the cheat money 0**
6.Choose the neighborhood you want to move to because the challenge takes place only in one neighborhood!

The House:
The house comes with the basic things your sim needs that you cannot steal!
You can only start editing the house once you reach 20,000 simoleons!(remember after moving them in you start with no money)
The only things you may edit is placing or selling stolen items or upgrading the basic objects that came with the house and adding more rooms recoloring walls and floors and replacing doors and windows and add tables. you cannot buy or upgrade anything else!
**Your main starts with a basic start home with only the things u cant steal such as dining table,bed,kitchen stove and fridge,counter and a bathroom(but only the toilet,sink and shower cause u cant steal these ones) these are the only things allowed in the house(if there are other basic things that they need like a fire alarm that u cant steal buy it but only after you get the 20,000 simoleons)**

Achieving your main goal isn’t that easy if that Is what you thought!
7.Your sim may only visit one house at a time meaning:
You can only move to steal 3 things from the next house only after you finished the house that you are on! For example you cant steal 2 things from the bros household and then move to the next house because you didn’t steal 3 things.
8.You don’t have to steal everything in one night! You may go back to your house and rest and then come back the next day
9.You may still travel in other neighborhoods but you cannot steal from them unless it’s the neighborhood where your town takes place!
10.You can ONLY steal 3 things from each house every time!(That is unless you are playing the 2 sim version more about that is below.)
11.In every house you visit you must make 1 enemy and at least another one dislike you. If its only a one sim household the he MUST be an enemy
12.You MUST take and finish the criminal career
13.You can steal only at nights when it gets dark
**Note: You can only come back to steal from a house again after you finished 2 houses after the last time you visited it**

A Partner:
Adding a partner may make your game easier or harder!
Start by making him/her any way that you would like BUT the only thing he/she MUST HAVE is the kleptomaniac trait the rest is up to you.
And place The Town Enemy 2 Sims house
Your partner cannot work! The only one who can take a career is you and it is only the criminal career.
When you have a partner you must steal not 3 but 4 things from each house and you have to divide it in any way you wish as long as both of you steal at least one object!
Your partner MUST come with you every time you go to steal from a house
The Main goal changes that you must steal 4 things from each house in your neighborhood at least once.
The rest of the goals are the same But your partner also has a goal!
Your partner’s goal is:
Master the mischief skill
You see that beautiful sim over there in the profile picture? Her name is Piper Brown one of my favorite sims I have ever made shes a free spirit may we all be free spirits like her ^-^~
Post edited by SnuggleFoxy on

Comments

• OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    It sounds like a fun challenge, but I think it would be more fun if you didn't have to live in a particular house.

Also: Would you consider adding an (optional) point system?
  • SnuggleFoxySnuggleFoxy Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2016
    RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED:

Second version of the challenge is The Rich Thief
    Its very similar to the other challenge but different at the same time.

Main Goal:Have a house with stolen things only!

The challenge ends when:
    1.You finish the Mansion Baron Aspiration
    2.Complete the Main Goal
    3.Achieve your partner's goal
    4.Steal at least 2 items from each house in the neighborhood you live in

Completing the main goal is by having a living room,Dinning room,Garden,Study room with a computer and an instrument all stolen and all must have at least 4 stolen decorations in them such as sculptures and pictures.

Now the guidelines:
    1.Your main starts with a basic start home with only the things u cant steal such as dining table,bed,kitchen stove and fridge,counter and a bathroom(but only the toilet,sink and shower cause u cant steal these ones) these are the only things allowed in the house(if there are other basic things that they need like a fire alarm that u cant steal buy it)
    2.Your sim MUST have the kleptomaniac trait and the rest of the traits are up to you
    3.Your sim must have the Fortune-Mansion Baron Aspiration
    4.Your sim has a partner in crime that also MUST have the kleptomaniac trait BUT MUST also has the lazy and mean traits (just for the fun of it)The aspiration is your choice for the partner
    5.Your partner may only steal 1 thing while you can steal 3
    6.You can steal only at nights when it gets dark
    7.The rules about the house that are shown above in my first post apply here as-well but I do want to add that you may buy a bookshelf because you cannot steal it.
    8.Your sims are not allowed to get a job they earn money by selling stolen goods they don't need(You choose what they need and dont
    9.rules 7-11 in the previous version above apply
    10.You must steal 4 items from each house.
    11.You must always take your partner with you!

A Partner:
    Adding a partner may make your game easier or harder!
    You must always take him/her with you!
    The rest of the goals are the same But your partner also has a goal!
    Your partner’s goal is:
    Master the mischief skill
    Post edited by SnuggleFoxy on
    You see that beautiful sim over there in the profile picture? Her name is Piper Brown one of my favorite sims I have ever made shes a free spirit may we all be free spirits like her ^-^~
    > @Ompabop1234 said:
    > It sounds like a fun challenge, but I think it would be more fun if you didn't have to live in a particular house.
    >
    > Also: Would you consider adding an (optional) point system?

Hey I thought of having a point system but Im not sure how to map it around the challenge so I will have to think about how it will go I would love for some help if you can help.
    The reason you need to live in a particular house is to make the challenge harder as I upload the house you will what is in it and understand!
    Its the challenge house and as you get along you can edit the house as you wish as I mention in The House You may change the look of it change the landscape and the way the house looks to your liking :)
    Okay so you can change the house - just not the furniture? I still think you should be able to build your own house as building is many simmers main motivation. Maybe you could set the rules to not having more than x seatings (chairs, sofa 'spots'), no decorations (paintings, carpets, etc.) and the cheapest variant of every items you buy - and then you could be able to upgrade later? Or maybe even no furniture - you have to steal everything. (That might be a whole other challenge, though, "The hobo challenge" or something... I always wanted to do that.)
    > @Ompabop1234 said:
    > Okay so you can change the house - just not the furniture? I still think you should be able to build your own house as building is many simmers main motivation. Maybe you could set the rules to not having more than x seatings (chairs, sofa 'spots'), no decorations (paintings, carpets, etc.) and the cheapest variant of every items you buy - and then you could be able to upgrade later? Or maybe even no furniture - you have to steal everything. (That might be a whole other challenge, though, "The hobo challenge" or something... I always wanted to do that.)

Oh no no no you understood me wrong lol >.<
    You dont only upgrade the house walls etc. When i said you can upgrade the house once you reach 20000 simoleons I ment and i wrote that you can upgrade the basic items that come with the house meaning that for example you start with a basic cheap bed once you reach 20000 simoleons you can upgrade it to example buy instead a big double bed lol that is what I ment XD
    Okay, so when you reach 20K you can upgrade the furniture. But can you rebuild the house and change to rooms from the start?
    you can change them and the way they look only after you reach 20k after you reach 20k you can delete walls add walls rebuild the house and replace basic furniture according to the rules ^.^
    This is my first challenge I've created so I'd love it if you try it out and give me some feedback :3
    I will! Just have to finish my current challenge, +waiting for you to upload that house :)
    > @Ompabop1234 said:
    > I will! Just have to finish my current challenge, +waiting for you to upload that house :)

So yea I have the problem with the links because Im still considered a new member because I havent really posted anything here till now although Ive been a member since the game first came out xD
    But search for my name in the gallery and choose the house that fits the version you play:
    There is the The Town Enemy 1 Sim house (if you are playing without a partner) Which is the the first version
    There is the The Town Enemy 2 Sims house (if you are playing with a partner)
    There is The Rich Thief which is a 2 sim house because in this version you must have a partner if you read the second version
    Just search DarkAngelPandaz in the gallery and they should come up :smile: @Ompabop1234
    Okay, recently started the challenge.

Bjørn is my main thief, and his partner is his wife Mathilde.
    [img][/img]bfdz_zpsf0a2vw53.jpg
    bfdzf_zpsfveq2ttg.jpg

They're at §7.000 now. Mathilde spends the days when Bjørn is at work just hanging around, talking to people, maybe fishing a bit. Since I can't change anything in the house, I can't give her a computer or any skill building items.
  • PurpleWontonPurpleWonton Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm going to try this out.

I haven't been present in the forums since Sims 2, which was many, many computers ago. I've gotten bored with the doing legacies. Apparently, I'm way behind the times because there are loads of new challenges all over the forums!

I will let you know how it goes! :)
    Can I rezise the rooms or just add new ones?
    Plus some items can't be stolen - like a desk. Can I buy these items?
    Also: moving items around, changing the garden.
    edited April 2016
    Everything is possible you can move things around and change rooms sizes!

Edit: Sorry for late reply! Was away for a while :3
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    @DarkAngelPandaz this challenge seems fun, can't wait to try!
    raemariek wrote: »
    @DarkAngelPandaz this challenge seems fun, can't wait to try!

Yay!!!
    Tell me if you have any problems or things you think need to be explained more and changed in the challenge :smile:
    If you need any help I'm here!
    Update me on your progress :smiley:
    Thanks for being so willing to help! I'm currently playing my first challenge, and it's a legacy challenge(4 generation just born) so it might be a while till I start....or I may start this with it....anywho I'll keep you updated!!!
    Thanks for being so willing to help! I'm currently playing my first challenge, and it's a legacy challenge(4 generation just born) so it might be a while till I start....or I may start this with it....anywho I'll keep you updated!!!

Awesome!
    Good luck with the legacy challenge!
    I'm doing the 100 baby challenge a very fun easy challenge more than the legacy in my opinion xD
    (Never did legacy before but looked it up)
    On baby 18 :smiley:
    I'm going to try this out.

I haven't been present in the forums since Sims 2, which was many, many computers ago. I've gotten bored with the doing legacies. Apparently, I'm way behind the times because there are loads of new challenges all over the forums!

I will let you know how it goes! :)

Hey did you start the challenge? :smiley:
    If you did how is it going?
    Oh the 100 baby challenge! How do you keep count? And is it possible to do it without fertility award thing?
    Oh the 100 baby challenge! How do you keep count? And is it possible to do it without fertility award thing?

Its 100% possible to do it without the fertile trait in my first gen I had 1 set or triplets and 1 of twins(I think it was 1 set of twins)without the fertile trait and I got the fertile trait only after having 10-12 children and after I got the fertile trait had only 1 set of triplets anyways the fertile trait didn't help much. At the end of the first gen got 18 children and more than half were without the fertile trait
    I'm on my second generation and got the fertile trait but haven't got any twins or triplets yet.

And I keep count cause I have get to work and if you have get to work you get this certificate the indicates the baby was born so once my sim turns into an elder I give all the certificates to the child thats continuing her and when she has children it just adds up to the certificates I already have so its easier to count when you don't actually have to count xD
    I just need to make sure I always move the certificates to the next generation child so they wont disappear when the mother dies
    > @DarkAngelPandaz said:
    > raemariek wrote: »
    >
    > Oh the 100 baby challenge! How do you keep count? And is it possible to do it without fertility award thing?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its 100% possible to do it without the fertile trait in my first gen I had 1 set or triplets and 1 of twins(I think it was 1 set of twins)without the fertile trait and I got the fertile trait only after having 10-12 children and after I got the fertile trait had only 1 set of triplets anyways the fertile trait didn't help much. At the end of the first gen got 18 children and more than half were without the fertile trait
    > I'm on my second generation and got the fertile trait but haven't got any twins or triplets yet.
    >
    > And I keep count cause I have get to work and if you have get to work you get this certificate the indicates the baby was born so once my sim turns into an elder I give all the certificates to the child thats continuing her and when she has children it just adds up to the certificates I already have so its easier to count when you don't actually have to count xD
    > I just need to make sure I always move the certificates to the next generation child so they wont disappear when the mother dies

Oh my gosh, I've been so dumb, I thought you had to do it in one generation!!! So the challenge take as many generations necessary until their are 100 children? How long does it normally take? Now It makes me want to try. I have that EP, but I have never noticed the certificates. Is it just in their inventory, or does it come in the mail?

Its very interesting about the fertility trait. You would think it would work better....
    > @DarkAngelPandaz said:
    > raemariek wrote: »

Oh my gosh, I've been so dumb, I thought you had to do it in one generation!!! So the challenge take as many generations necessary until their are 100 children? How long does it normally take? Now It makes me want to try. I have that EP, but I have never noticed the certificates. Is it just in their inventory, or does it come in the mail?

Its very interesting about the fertility trait. You would think it would work better....
    Yes it takes as many generations needed not in one lol xD
    I actually haven't really found anyone who finished it in the sims 4 but I guess it depends how addicted you are and how many hours you are willing to sit a day for challenge for example I'm on 23 children now but haven't played in a few days and I started the challenge on 19th of April 2016...And there are some people who started the challenge over a year ago now in 2015 and still didn't finish so basically all depends on you :3
    Well I always got to the hospital with the mother so I dunno if you will get it if you send her alone but basically you go with her to the hospital have the baby and then the certificate is in the mother's inventory :smile:
    I think for me to be able to stick it out I would have to play mini challenges, or make it be a part of another challenge. To almost be halfway through the challenge in a few weeks is impressive:-)

For my legacy family I have the women have their children at home. I'll try the next birth at the hospital and then look for a birth certificate.