Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's sad

124...Next

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I don't see it that way. I know there are people here who are dead set against playing Sims 4 and exclusively stick to the previous games, and I think that's okay. We're all here because we love the Sims of some description and that makes me happy. Some people are very loud and angry but that doesn't mean they're in the majority or that The Sims 4 was a flop. Caaalm yourself, don't worry about it so much. There are plenty of people who adore The Sims 4. Go to the Happy Play thread if you want to see some love for the game, there are some lovely people there <3

I don't want only ONE THREAD of that. All the threads I see now in the Sims 4 sections are nothing but how the graphics are bad, how the game is lacking, and I'm also seeing this sort of thing (but very rarily) in the Sims 3 section as well.
    Some people are disappointed in how Sims 4 turned out from the beginning to now. There is a lot of controversy surrounding Sims 4 from it's blueprints to it's current production and so you are going to see negative threads. A lot of people are also long time simmers such as myself from Sims 1 to present and I do not hate Sims 4 but EA/Maxis has been so hush-hush on Sims 4 that some people have been accustomed to making rumors or speculations because EA/Maxis do not keep some or even most of it's fans informed and also they are mostly on twitter than on their own forums so I understand the negativity and it is going to be around until Sims 4 is no more. Only one entity knows where Sims 4 is going and that is EA/Maxis and not the forum.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    A lot are upset that Toddlers weren't added I dont see why though because they weren't added until generations which was like a year or two I believe, sorry cant remember. Then theres cars and also Cast and Open world. However as for it being a flop i cant say but if it was they most likely wouldn't be making more content for it. As long as they keep doing that its a good sign. People just dont give them time imo.

Toddlers came in both the sims 2 basegame and the sims 3 basegame ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited February 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Why would it upset you if other people don't like Sims 4?

Really?
    Well for one example
    I miss a lot of simmers from the sims 3 Forums and website home pages that disappeared at the time of the Sims 4 release :'(
    I met some wonderful people on their over the 5 years!
    And other websites

There is more negative comments it seems with this game than 2 or *3 all over the internet!
    The sims free play as some better gameplay than this for me and some others.
    Some of us would like that back with the sims 4.

Here is a very different place.

I would love to enjoy it with more simmers again.

A lot of people gave up with the changes of this game and the forums use to be a very busy place.
    This forum does not seem to have as many people involved like before :(

• JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I like the sims 4 but im still not as satisfied. We need toddlers and cars.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(
    I believe some people do not hate it, they just are disappointed and that happens with any game. I don't hate the game, I am disappointed EA/Maxis took a backwards approach instead of moving forward and tweaking what they had. If you like it that is what matters and not how everyone else feels.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I actually really like the game. I'm disappointed that its not all that it could be and really hope that the things that are in need of a tweak get it and that the things that are a downright failure get a full-on fix. I wouldn't even care if I didn't love the game though. I'd just move on and chalk those issues I dislike and the ones I just plain hate as a lesson learned about what not to spend my money on and go on about my life.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people just want some clarity as to where this series is going next. I, myself, refuse to speculate. I have a strong feeling this series is not going to go in the direction that a lot of people want, and that may be due to the limitations of the current game engine.

I have a hard time getting excited about playing this game, although I do sort of miss being able to play it. But, I suspect that once I get it back, it won't take me long to decide it's not as much fun as it should be for me.

I agree with you on the first two sentences. Clarity is really important to this community, which has been left in the dark about key things for too long. As for the third sentence - what direction it's going in - I think, judging on the most recent add-ons and their reception (I'm look at Spooky Stuff on, compared to the earlier add-ons and base game), that it's going in a positive direction. That gets hard to see if you mostly look at General Discussion and Feedback, because all the discussion of those is hived off in separate forums (which is practical) and also happening on other sites.

Sorry, I'm not seeing the positive. I'm waiting for the next expansion pack or game pack to decide whether it's positive or just more of the same ole', same ole. At this point I'm skeptical that anything new will be of the quality we came to expect with the other iterations of this game. So far, it looks disappointing...even Get Together has its flaws.
    You are still more positive than I am because I don't even need to consider the next GP or EP to know that I won't buy it.

My problem is that I like to play slowly and to make neighborhood stories. That was what I liked in TS2. But even in TS2 I realized after some time that the EPs didn't really make the game better. They generally just made it easier and faster for all the impatient teens who played it - and I wanted to make it harder and slower instead. So I figured out ways to do that in the challenges which I gave myself. But I only bought the first 5 EPs and never cared about the rest.

TS3 didn't make the game better even though it became much harder to play big families. I liked World Adventures. But it didn't really feel like Sims to me and I bought even fewer EPs than I did for TS2. Rotational play and neighborhood stories were gone. Mods could help a little - but not much. The EPs also felt like separate games and not like expansions because the worlds were small and disconnected.

TS4 is made much easier and faster with less weight on family play and neighborhood stories and much more weight on collecting items and on jobs. The fast gameplay probably suits the young teens who are the game's main target group. But it also mean that this game won't ever be a game for me because no GP or EP can ever change the game in my direction at all.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2016
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(
    I believe some people do not hate it, they just are disappointed and that happens with any game. I don't hate the game, I am disappointed EA/Maxis took a backwards approach instead of moving forward and tweaking what they had. If you like it that is what matters and not how everyone else feels.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. I actually really like the game. I'm disappointed that its not all that it could be and really hope that the things that are in need of a tweak get it and that the things that are a downright failure get a full-on fix. I wouldn't even care if I didn't love the game though. I'd just move on and chalk those issues I dislike and the ones I just plain hate as a lesson learned about what not to spend my money on and go on about my life.

So, basically, in your opinion, all those who dislike this game should stop talking about it, and just move on? In other words "Shut up and go away, I'm sick of hearing it."

Nice.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Why would it upset you if other people don't like Sims 4?

Same reason I was sad when all my favourite players switched over to TS2 and stopped creating stories, content, etc. for TS1 (then I bought TS2 and totally understood why no one ever looked back *lol*) And why I would be devastated if the TS2 community ended. The Sims community is part of the gameplay.

To the OP, I'm pretty sure there is a large community of fans for this iteration. I saw the first TS4 video that made me want to pay more attention to the TS4 community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9NGdpAOHM

and then the more amazing sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lveHjgqnS9I

The sequel is pure genius one of my favourite sims machinima to date.

So let me go hoooome :love:

Just try to stick to the positive threads and the sims 4 friendly communities like Sims VIP and you'll be able to enjoy your fandom with others. Odds are if I see you around you're not in TS4 friendly territory *lol*

Nice videos :)

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

So, basically, in your opinion, all those who dislike this game should stop talking about it, and just move on? In other words "Shut up and go away, I'm sick of hearing it."

Nice.
    People are still confusing 'game' and 'version'. I do love this game, that's the problem. I just don't love this version. And I want the guru's to know it. Isn't that what the feedback section is for? I can't imagine the feedback section is just for praising alone.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited April 2016
    Bit off topic here.. @nanashi-sims those videos are awesome!! I love Remi!! Did you check this one??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKO-RDNL4Q

I dont know the story about Lady and Lord Shallot, but im going to Windenburg right now to understand it! and the music.. oh goshh
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    What's sad here is that they gave a gigantic step backwards on the franchise. I know that they scrapped everything thay had due to the online game being canceled I know that they had to start TS4 from the very beginning and on full-pressure. But this is what happens to rushed games (Atari Pac-Man). I still play TS3 though and it will never end
    When will my reflection show?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    they just gotta keep promoting it like they did when it first came out.. i mean, when's the last time we had any "real" TS4 news? they only say something when a new stuff pack comes out or something, but nothing more.. I feel like people are just waiting for the a EP announcement/teaser now...
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I have a friend in the gaming industry that doesn't even play the Sims games know about the poor reception of the Sims 4 so far. He's not surprised by it honestly since he said a lot of games in a series that he likes are going through rough patches too. He doesn't even read these forums or check the Sims Twitter, but he lives in the bay area so I guess word gets around even there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member

To the OP, I'm pretty sure there is a large community of fans for this iteration. I saw the first TS4 video that made me want to pay more attention to the TS4 community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9NGdpAOHM

and then the more amazing sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lveHjgqnS9I

The sequel is pure genius one of my favourite sims machinima to date.

These videos are amazing. They showcase the creativity within TS4 and its community.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    What I don't get is why certain Ts3 packs are the same price (or sometimes more) than current Ts4 packs (that includes exp and stuff packs). The price of sims 3 content only started to drop of very near the end of the series. I don't remember ever seeing Ts3 content being marked down so early in its life run. It worries me that Ts4 is not doing the numbers they expected and thus the drop in price so soon after a exp is released. I mean I see sales on exp packs or reduced prices within a few months of release. Maybe I was blind, but I never saw this happening with Ts3 during its first 3 years.
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I have a friend in the gaming industry that doesn't even play the Sims games know about the poor reception of the Sims 4 so far. He's not surprised by it honestly since he said a lot of games in a series that he likes are going through rough patches too. He doesn't even read these forums or check the Sims Twitter, but he lives in the bay area so I guess word gets around even there.

This is the industry-wide problem which we're all trying to solve and we're hearing that 'our kind' isn't welcome in communities while there is no other valid activity to be found anywhere. If our kind isn't welcome then there is no possibility of furthering any of those products since we're the real audience, and we're the ones who can clearly see why the products aren't received positively.
  • carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    EA doesn't listen to the fans enough. Period.
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    This is the first Sims game I'm just not excited for anymore. I hardly even come here to rant anymore, that's saying something lol.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

This is the industry-wide problem which we're all trying to solve and we're hearing that 'our kind' isn't welcome in communities while there is no other valid activity to be found anywhere. If our kind isn't welcome then there is no possibility of furthering any of those products since we're the real audience, and we're the ones who can clearly see why the products aren't received positively.
    Yeah there are a lot of Sims sites I don't feel welcome at. :( I'm just glad this site at least lets me breath somewhat.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    carly552 wrote: »
    EA doesn't listen to the fans enough. Period.
    They listen. They just don't obey them at all ;)
  • FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    yes, without toddlers and open world people are getting angry. Not a surprise
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016
    This is the first Sims game I'm just not excited for anymore. I hardly even come here to rant anymore, that's saying something lol.

It sometimes feels as if this is a waste of time. You spend time to give a lot of feedback for the game, and then months later, are rehashed old themes, mostly done not as good as their predecessors.

I'm starting to think maybe my interest in the series is lessening, or maybe the game has changed too much to a point where it's just not for me anymore. Pretty disappointing because I was a big fan of TS2 and TS3, although both had their ups and downs, and was expecting the best of both for TS4.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited April 2016
    yes, without toddlers and open world people are getting angry. Not a surprise

Hey, the people who bought TS4 have only themselves to blame. There were no toddlers in the game and no open world, and neither were ever promised. (EDIT: Actually toddlers were promised months before the game came out when one of the EA people said all previous life stages would be included; however, it was revealed well before release that toddlers were left out.) I think the announcement today was beyond pathetic and feel sorry for everyone who's dumped money into this Olympus-fail. However, if the features so far float your boat, great. Have fun, and I mean that because I want everyone to enjoy their games.

Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    Bad Team bad game and more and more scary how the game is dying... sad, it's just sad
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It sometimes feels as if this is a waste of time. You spend time to give a lot of feedback for the game, and then months later, are rehashed old themes, mostly done not as good as their predecessors.

I'm starting to think maybe my interest in the series is lessening, or maybe the game has changed too much to a point where it's just not for me anymore. Pretty disappointing because I was a big fan of TS2 and TS3, although both had their ups and downs, and was expecting the best of both for TS4.

I feel the same way :/ Like with the Sims 3, every new expansion pack trailer had me so excited and I pre-ordered all of them and loved it etc... and now it's just kinda whatever with TS4 and I don't even play it as much as 3... and I mean, I got older so that's probably part of it too, but still it just doesn't feel the same for me anymore (which isn't a "problem" that the franchise has to solve or is to blame for, it's just something that makes me sad when I look back at how much I used to love the Sims)
    Origin ID: Selxna