Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating the EARLY EA worlds: Inspiration lottery -- winners announced!

124...Next

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I'm sure. I'd like to beef up the others prizes. I am only missing single CAS items, and my sims have so many choices already. :smiley:

I'm getting more adventurous in my make-overs now. I just moved the school in DV to a different lot much closer to everything else. I thinned out the trees and widened the sidewalk, but kept the rest. Maybe some day, I'll get even more adventurous and add some play equipment, but... it's Dragon Valley, you know? Not much for kids to play on really back then. The ren fest look is nice though, so maybe, I'll add that playground "fort".

Thanks again for providing lots of inspiration. I love the sharing of ideas.
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @ciane – since you're sure, I'll start divvying up the prizes for everyone else. I'm glad to hear you're becoming more adventurous with the make-overs—the Dragon Valley changes sound perfect. I always found that school lot up out of town to be a bit of a pain, so it's great that you've found a better spot. I agree that maybe the Ren Faire jungle gym/fort thing might work well. I do think it would be nice to have some kind of playground equipment for the kids to hang out on after school. I'm so glad to have been able to share ideas with you!

Okay, so here's how the remaining prizes will be arranged now that we have Lexers615's 50sp and ciane's 2450sp to share among the participants:
    - @PalmArrow – prize will increase to 1900sp (so a venue) for providing so much inspiration! Thanks again. :smile:
    - @Devalaous – fourth place prize will increase to 400sp
    - Remaining Simmers (@TadOlson, @amaresity and @adamzaid) will receive 200sp each for participating

Now that that is hopefully all sorted, let me know what you'd like to spend your points on!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you so much, @kellycot1 , @ciane and @Lexers615 ! I never expected such a high prize.
    I'll choose the Prism Art Studio then.
    @PalmArrow -- I hope you enjoy the Prism Art Studio! I adore the L-shaped stairs, and I find the small decor items really useful. Thanks again for getting involved in my lottery. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you again! :smiley:
    Okay, @amaresity – that should be all done! :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Pretty much anything on my wishlist, its all thats left on the store for me, minus the MMAO exclusives

*has been busy remaking Ridiculon in Sims 2*
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    It's been over a week now since I announced the winners, so I wanted to try paging @TadOlson and @adamzaid again to collect their prizes. You have 200sp each to spend.

I'll hold onto the SimPoints for a while, but those prizes may be forfeited if not collected in the next two weeks or so—I don't want to run another lottery with the SimPoints I have, only to realise I still need to gift someone else!

@Devalaous – you timed that perfectly! I'll gift you right away.

And while I wait for the remaining Simmers to collect their prizes, here are some pictures of my latest venture—an Exclusive Club, based on the Unfurled house in the lot bin. I started on this quite a while ago, but I ran out of inspiration. Now I'm full of inspiration!

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%201_zps0flqccy2.jpg
    I don't have any good photos of what it looked like before my changes, but here's a photo fairly early on from my renovation project. I've already extended the two sides out a few squares and was playing with a VIP rope fence at the back, but this is more or less what the EA-made house looked like.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%206_zpswp4xyrzg.jpg
    And here is what it looks like now! I placed it up on the 30x40 lot near Pinochle Pond, since that's my clubbing/lounge district. I tried to keep the same style and key features as the original house, so the roof line and fireplace brick were always there. I had a hard time picking the main siding colour, but I think this teal colour works well with that brick.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%207_zpsdpvgo97x.jpg
    I had a tough time figuring out what an 'Exclusive Lounge' really needed, so I decided it should be a place for Sims to meet, gather, drink and lounge around. Because of that, this lot has plenty of places for big groups of Sims to sit down and spend time together—in the courtyard at the back you can see the lounge area by the karaoke machine, the self-serve bar, some park benches, etc. It even has a domino table, because I feel like even posh Sims play dominoes!

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%203_zpseiuzchvg.jpg
    Here's the karaoke and bar spaces out the back. I tried to go with soothing beach-y blues, yellows and teals—for some reason, I always associate those colours with Sunset Valley.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%2010_zpsiedbwhgn.jpg
    This is a mock reception/bar area just as you walk in through the front door. I almost included the professional bar here, but decided that I was better off including only one to limit the number of service Sims that spawn. Instead, I placed the Showtime proprietor marker behind the counters. You can also see the grand piano stage in the background.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%2011_zpspfgnvlzd.jpg
    Here's the bigger Late Night stage upstairs, complete with lounging area (again!) and dance floor.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%208_zpspalmbjdf.jpg
    The floor plan for the ground floor. On the left is the pool table, lounging area and staircase up to the second floor. You can see the proprietor 'bar' just as you go through the front door. To the right is the grand piano stage and then further right is the special Showtime stage room.

Unfurled%20Exclusive%20Lounge%209_zpsrogby4hf.jpg
    The floor plan for upstairs. On the left is the staircase again, along with the actual professional bar. In the middle you can see the expansive Late Night stage and dance floor. On the right are two huge balconies with all kinds of activities—bubble bar, shuffleboard, dartboard, chocolate fountain and also, for whatever reason, a tea set (which I love!). There's also a uni-sex bathroom on the right.

That completes the tour! I'm sure I'll still tweak the lot in the future, but I'm really quite happy that this has come together so well. Fingers crossed I can convert the other homes as effectively into community lots.

Thanks again for participating, everyone! I'll try to keep the picture spam to a minimum here, but it's much easier posting here than getting together a proper showcase thread—but I will be doing that eventually. :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
    I might need to steal that exclusive lounge eventually, looks pretty great, and most importantly, fits the town.

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2016
    oh thanks you @kellycot1 i would like anything from my wishlist ;) and i am giong to school now so see ya if i didint see you\andi am sorry @kellycot1 for the late reply!
    Post edited by adamzaid on
    @adamzaid -- that should be all done! :smiley:
    a.k.a. Erin
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    That's the other house I love from the bin! I place it next to the wings on on that sub-division where the auto placements for the junkyard and some other lots are added by the game. (I delete the auto placements and make a modern sub-division there.) It looks great Erin!
    Thanks so much, @ciane! I really do think the Unfurled and Aero Dynamo houses from the bin are perfect for Sunset Valley (and I'm glad you agree!), so it's great that I've managed to include them as community lots in my town make-over.

I do usually place this lot in that same spot you mentioned—I've had many Sims live in this house over the years—but I love that I've re-purposed it. I'm sure my Sims would like more houses as well, but I need them to have as many of the new community lot types as possible! Thanks for stopping by my thread again—you've been such a huge inspiration and I appreciate your support as well. :smile:
    a.k.a. Erin
    A totally unneeded bump, but ive got Sims 3 working again, and after getting frustrated with the Lunar Lakes revamp, im back in Sunset Valley. Ive not touched the lots much, but ive slightly updated a few lots with extra content, like diving boards, professional bars, pool loungers, lifeguard chairs, etc. The true work so far is on populating the world with extra people, ALL of whom are taken right out of the base game sim bin, without editing any of their traits

So far I have:
    1. Reassigned two of the extra premade social workers to the pet versions introduced in Pets. These pet workers have the exact same career outfits as the normal social workers, and the game will delete the extra social workers if not reassigned anyway. I want to KEEP all the premades!
    2. Restored the cut premade magician NPCs from the base game (Edward Poley and Willow Hennessy), one now works as a full-time Showtime Magician, thus slightly curbing the games tendency to generate tons of random performers, and one is registered as the Showtime version of the Magician service NPC, went to great lengths to ensure they both perform in their original base game career outfits. If you want to get these NPCs back, you have to grab them out of the town by pausing a new game in Sunset Valley at 8:00 am, before even a second passes, as the game will delete them both instantly, along with any extra service NPCs
    3. Changed one of the two Science Geek NPCs to a fulltime Science career, as a Lab Tech (Science Geeks will show Lab Technician when asked about their career), to avoid extra service npc deletion, and assigned both to the Nerd social group
    4. Added four Party Dancers, a DJ, Singer, Acrobat, Butler, Mixologist, University Mascot and an extra Firefighter (The game actually generates three firefighters for the firefighter service pool, but each world only has two premade firefighters) to the service pool
    5. Fixed the missing favourites of all the service NPCs that shipped with Sunset Valley, did NOT add the missing traits, I find it funny that Torgo the pizza guy ONLY has the Neurotic trait. I DO add missing traits to Hidden Springs onward store worlds, as they dont even have the special NPC traits, but Sunset Valley is fine
    6. Added custom Outerwear to all sims, and fixed the broken clothing of all the toddlers
    7. Fixed the ghosts of the town to have the right relationships with each other (Victor Goth for example, wasn't properly married to his wife), and added the missing Ghost trait to them all
    8. Assigned vehicles and beds to all families
    9. Moved in all the default basegame bin families (Funke, Glover etc)
    10. Assigned high level jobs to all the homeless townies, to help prevent the game from randomly assigning bosses, adding coworkers, and forcing low level career playable sims to suddenly jump to level 5, just so they can be someone's boss. All bosses and coworkers have been MANUALLY assigned too.
    11. Created extra homeless sims from the sim bin to fill up career slots in those that are rather thin or totally empty, to avoid the game forcibly making stay-at-home dad Dustin to work, or to pull old Bessie out of retirement to serve in the military because there arent enough coworkers(I hate this!)
    12. Created five families, each with two children that are themed around a certain boarding school. Dont know if this will have any effect, but its nice to know the boarding schools will be in use by the game, I never ever use them. The parents are homeless and fill certain niche jobs, to serve as the default boss of those careers, taking full advantage of their bonuses from those schools
    13. Created homeless unemployed sims that will be manually assigned as paparazzi, bouncers, bartenders. No more puddingface bartenders in gnome hats and horrible fashion sense with a mishmash of random store content and future clothing!
    14. Created stray and adoptable pets from the sim bin pets
    15. Added some official EA/promotional sims and lots to the game (Currently the ones from the Prius store content + "The house that Grant built" with Liam removed (hes in Hidden Springs now)

To-do list:
    1. Build a resort in the empty spot by the Landgraabs and Altos
    2. Create resort workers, high/medium/low maintenance workers, and bar workers for the resort
    3. Figure out clubs and movie studios for that one empty strip I always earmark for clubs
    4. Add the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon
    5. Create workers for the video game, education, sports agent, art appraiser, film studio and fortune teller careers
    6. Add an investigator, and a few more firefighters for the actual firefighter profession, so the game doesnt drag people out of retirement to fill the firestation if I play as one, as well as some of the other Ambitions careers
    7. Add a showtime singer and acrobat or two
    8. Possibly add a port or two, to squeeze in more space for families

While working on this, I also took the Bachelors, Goths and Langeraks, along with any dead relatives, and aged them all up and re-outfitted them for the custom Maxis Island world, aka Sims 1 in Sims 3. Bella and Kaylynn were NOT made with growing up in mind..they really should have been designed as adults, then aged down :( Mortimer looks great in his Sims 1 attire though

@Devalaous – you tricky thread-bumper! Glad to hear you've got the game working again and are back to your projects. I've been busy lately, but have found my free time taken up by searching for the perfect lots on the Exchange (or others from the Store/EPs that are in the Lots & Houses Bin) to fit into my plans for each world to reduce my building load; I'll still be building plenty of lots of my own though.

Your insights into what you are doing with the Sunset Valley Sims are really useful—this isn't something I've really thought about during my CAW pursuits, but I fully intend to do something to fill job vacancies once I've got my CAW tweaks finished and have prepared an in-game save. Your ideas are really helpful! It sounds like you have been making progress and have a solid plan for what you're doing next. Can't even remember what I included in this thread (and feel a little too exhausted to go through my own pictures :blush: ), but I found the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon fit in well up at Pinochle Pond. The ports are also fairly easy to fit in along the beach. Don't forget dive lots!

I can't even remember what those Sims look like aged up, but I'm sure it is awful! I'll have to consider some surgery for them when they reach the right age. :tongue:

Anyway, good to hear from you and glad your projects are underway again!
    a.k.a. Erin
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I'm getting more adventurous in my make-overs now. I just moved the school in DV to a different lot much closer to everything else.
    I know I'm helping to necro an old thread, but... I agree with you, Ciane! Every day I was getting Nraas notifications that all the children in town were missing school, so I finally moved that beautiful school to a central lot. Unfortunately, it's 64x64 iirc, so there were only a few places it would fit. Suddenly all the kids in town stopped playing hooky! :)

The distant lot that the school originally existed on is more appropriate to a wealthy Sim/family who are perhaps a bit eccentric, or maybe have the loner trait.

What was EA thinking, putting the school so far out in nowheresville?