Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your prediction for The Sims 4 is: ....

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Especially when posters preface their post with 'this isn't feedback' knowing fully well is it. Last night in GD was awesome because so many were posting about their gameplay. It felt like what GD should always feel. People who actually like and play the game sharing and asking questions. A lot of those topics quickly drop to the second page because people don't have a chance to response before the first page is again flooded with inappropriate topics.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @luthienrising I guess that wouldn't be a problem if the sims team actually listened to their consumers, don't you think?

Imagine how many people would shut up about toddlers if they actually added them in the game? Or loading screens on every lot? Or limited gameplay?

I think that we should be putting emphasis on things that are critical to a sims game whether we repeat it once or two hundred times, despite whether people like it or not.

I honestly believe that people's behaviour is not forced by their unhappiness. And as I've said, I have no issue with people complaining multiple times. My issue is with new feedback topics overwhelming General Discussion - new members with general complaints (and with toddler requests, for that matter) seem to be able to find Ideas and Feedback and existing topics. Not sure why other people can't.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @luthienrising the same happens all over the forum. Plenty of people dropping over to TS3 to tell people how awful that game is and why don't they upgrade, the sims look awful etc, in feedback telling people off for giving feedback if they aren't happy with the game as yet and the rest of it. Yawn.

None of it is necessary and honestly don't let it bother you-it's not worth your time :)

But I will let it bother me, because it creates the atmosphere that keeps Sims 4 players from posting here. And because emotions aren't at people's beck and call like that. We can't just all decide that something won't bother us, that we'll make like we never see it. Every. Single. Day. While we keep seeing other people elsewhere post that they won't come near these forums with a 10-foot pole. And this isn't about me being bothered: it's about all those other people who won't post here at all.

If people posting complaints about Sims 4 don't actually want to create an atmosphere that chases Sims 4 players away, they could actually post their feedback in Feedback and not start new topics to say the same thing they said already ten times.

I don't see people out there saying they won't post about Sims 3 here. That doesn't seem to be a topic of conversation.

And the atmosphere affects everyone. Like it or not the atmosphere is mostly caused by nasty comments of individuals that's often tolerated when it shouldn't be and it's everywhere. That's the point I was making.

I was giving TS4 another try. I'd been posting about my experiences and you know what stopped me trying to enjoy it? Someone who decided to trash me for doing so. How's that help the atmosphere around TS4?! It doesn't. That's chasing people away too.

I see it all the time. Certain people trying to run people off the forums saying they won't mention TS3 but then there they are in GD over there. Over and over again.

The point I was trying to make was we all deal with this ridiculousness all the time. It is plum. We shouldn't have to deal with it.

Personally I think that the people here who go around causing disharmony have nothing to do with how someone feels about the game and no connection to another person's opinion on it either. There are plenty of people who dislike the game or who are indifferent to it who are perfectly civil around here and don't do any of those things. There are also plenty of people who like TS4 who don't treat people who aren't happy yet poorly either.

I shouldn't have to apologise for other people the same as you shouldn't.

Plenty of people have left because of the atmosphere on all sorts of positions. People aren't having their say because they are sick of it all. And that's a shame for the entire customer base because the future should belong to all of us-and there should be an acknowledgement that there is more uniting us than that divides us. We all love the sims. That's why we care. I see the exact same comments about the forums from all sorts of opinions. It's not a phenomenon that affects just those who like TS4.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    My personal prediction.

We'll recieve more packs than ever, with old gameplay elements aswell as new ones, we've never seen before.
    The game will grow and lots of new players will be introduced to the Sims, which is fantastic, the more the merrier!
    We'll still see lots of big patches, sometimes with new content / old gameplay elements.
    The Sims 4 will improve, since it's only been a year and a half.
    Culling won't be fixed * will be improved on, like they did last time, by making less useless townies.
    They'll add more different colours to items, I feel since the Movie Stuff pack we've gotten more choice.
    They'll continue this way, no matter how we feel about it, since they are a company run by EA.

I'll keep on buying the upcoming packs, until there will be no more, because I have a very special place in my heart for the Sims 4. No matter how people will react towards it. It may not be everyones favorite which is fine, but it is mine, and i'll continue to support them.

Hopefully they'll bring back gameplay elements that everyone misses, I really do hope that brings back the spark for you all. If not, I hope the next game or other games will give you the love you want in a game.

<3
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @luthienrising I guess that wouldn't be a problem if the sims team actually listened to their consumers, don't you think?

Imagine how many people would shut up about toddlers if they actually added them in the game? Or loading screens on every lot? Or limited gameplay?

I think that we should be putting emphasis on things that are critical to a sims game whether we repeat it once or two hundred times, despite whether people like it or not.

I honestly believe that people's behaviour is not forced by their unhappiness. And as I've said, I have no issue with people complaining multiple times. My issue is with new feedback topics overwhelming General Discussion - new members with general complaints (and with toddler requests, for that matter) seem to be able to find Ideas and Feedback and existing topics. Not sure why other people can't.

Because some people don't want to. But that has nothing to do with how they feel about the game and everything to do about their forum posting 'style'. Mods do quite well most of the time moving stuff though and they obviously know when certain users do so. I don't believe that any and all criticism should be 'banished' to other sections though. A discussion should encompass all sorts of opinions.
  • Options

Exactly. Plenty of people have invested in TS4 and it shouldn't matter whether they like the game or not yet in how they are treated here.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    My prediction for the sims game: I have played the Sims games since the first one... i own every sims game ever made, expansion pack, stuff pack, gamepack, you name it...I have been with the Sims for about 15 years and I love it just as much today, as I always have. I don't know what they have in store for us, but I'm excited to find out. There are certain aspects of Sims 4 that I love, and then there are some things that I don't like, but I have experienced that with every Sims game I also know, it doesn't matter what EA does now, some people will never be happy. They have burned a lot of bridges and the lack of PR is not good. They should have just came forward and said, "No, we couldn't fit toddlers, cars, ect... in, but we are working on it" or "No, toddlers didn't make it and won't ever make it, but this is what we have in store for future content". I have said it once, and i'll say it again, this secret squirrel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is for the birds, lol. I f I was EA, I would step up and confront the complaints head on, but maybe that's why I don't own my own business.....
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    @luthienrising -- case and point ;)
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    1 ) Toddlers may or may not return depending on the multitasking issue ( I feel like they'll fix it well )

2 ) No Open World, they already stated once before that they'll most likely not bring it back for various reasons especially with PC specs

3 ) Cars are a possibility, we already gotten vehicles in TS2 ( Closed World wise ) so there's hoping

4 ) More family play, they already got geneology fixed up and what not so there's hoping as well

5 ) I feel like Supernaturals will return ( maybe return of Plantsims possibly for Seasons wise )
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    cranky, cranky!