Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    @Lizzie1234 Hi! Nice to meet you :)
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2016
    YouTube, why you gotta show me ads for Wendy's? China doesn't have Wendy's, and now I want a frosty so bad :cry:

ETA: Whoa, sorry. #firstworldproblems
  • DerubelleDerubelle Posts: 638 Member
    I need advice from simmmers that write and that have been around the forums for a LOOONG time!

I'm guessing @CathyTea @CitizenErased14 ? @SummerFalls ?

And anyone else that feels equipped with the knowledge for my question.

I have a story idea for a casual story (maybe a legacy) but I think it might already have been done (I'm 90% it would have been).

So basically the idea is that I would somehow wake up in the game :D And after a few futile attempts realize I can't exit.. so I would start a legacy. Has this been done already?

Even if it has I don't mind and I'll do it legacy style but if it hasn't been done might make an interesting story out of it.

So has any of you read anything like that anywhere around? :D
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you @Spottydog714 <3

Edit: she's a wonderchild in my upcoming project ;)
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @Lizzie1234 Hellooo! Nice to meet you! :smiley: How are you?

@Derubelle I haven't been around very long, so I guess I can't really answer your question, because I have no idea. :lol: But I would totally read something like that!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Derubelle Legacies have been done before, but they're very versatile so you could easily make it your own. You could make up your own succession law, make up an interesting backstory for why your founder starts the legacy, or make up a theme that you follow all the way through (and have a rebellious generation not follow it!). As long as you enjoy writing it, there will be readers that will want to read it.
    The waking up and not being able to exit part is familiar, and I know that people have done legacies with simselves before (but that isn't stopping me from eventually doing one like that as well).
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    ps i do listen to you . i write more, but you read less.lol.

Hush up lol

no ilove you so i won't be quiet.
    Happy timezones everyone! At a cafe waiting for a friend to arrive for lunch. Mmm, burgers and mint chocolate drinks!

@Munterbacon LOVE those ninjapig posters! Naturally, the best one is the last one... ;)

@InfraGreen @rednenemon @Ezina Happy birthday to you guys! *gives cake and ninjapig snuggles*

@SimmerSteffie Congrats to your fiance! You must be super proud!

wait i missed something again what happened to steffies fiancee?

@friendsfan367 he won his hockey games last night. their team is at the top of the playoffs! :)

@eXokamikaze thank you! I am. he's been playing super well this year

@Munterbacon the posters you've been making are awesome!

@CitizenErased14 I'll be sad too. :lol:

Happy timezones everyone!

thats awesome. stef.iye been watching fuller house they call the middle daughter stef its just spelled differnt.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,874 Member
    edited February 2016
    Rinellie wrote: »
    @Lizzie1234 Hi! Nice to meet you :)
    Nice to meet you! :p How are you?
    Marialein wrote: »
    @Lizzie1234 Hi, nice to meet you *waves like crazy*
    *waves crazily back* How are you? :)
    @Lizzie1234 Hellooo! Nice to meet you! :smiley: How are you?
    I am great thanks, realised that I had taken a four month break so should probably get my head back in gear! How are you? :)

Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited February 2016
    By the way my cookbook is finished now. We will send it soon to the printery and I am so excited. By now it is just for me and my co-workers but who knows how this will develope. Keep your fingers crossed :#
    @friendsfan367 yeah! I always loved that there was a character with the same name as me on full house when I was younger. Is fuller house good? I haven't watched it yet.

@Lizzie1234 I'm good too, thanks! I'm also kinda trying to work out what I'm doing with everything. :lol: I have this tendency to try to do too many things and getting overwhelmed and quitting all of them. So I'm trying to figure out a balance.

@Marialein that's awesome! Good luck with it! I hope it goes well for you. :) I'm always in the market for a good cookbook. I can't cook to save my life.

@Lizzie1234 I'm good too, thanks! I'm also kinda trying to work out what I'm doing with everything. :lol: I have this tendency to try to do too many things and getting overwhelmed and quitting all of them. So I'm trying to figure out a balance.
    Oh I know that feeling! I decided to join this thread last summer and I managed to cover three and a half generations (67 chapters roughly) of my legacy in July and August. Then I headed off to university and have only written four or five chapters between September and now :joy: I'm sure you'll figure out a balance and find your feet :p You don't have to quit though, you can just put some things on the backburner for a while and come back to them :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    @friendsfan367 yeah! I always loved that there was a character with the same name as me on full house when I was younger. Is fuller house good? I haven't watched it yet.

@Marialein that's awesome! Good luck with it! I hope it goes well for you. :) I'm always in the market for a good cookbook. I can't cook to save my life.

i like it. i know my s3 friends know i love the orginal. i made a jesse and becky couple.then i got upset at them because they had twin girls. instead of twin boys.
    @Lizzie1234 yeah! I'm just starting a new job so I'm trying to remind myself not to jump into anything new until I get settled. I have a youtube channel that I'd really like to get back to using though. It was fun when I was recording let's plays and stuff.
    What are you in uni for? :)

@friendsfan367 haha, darn those sims and their non co-operations! and they almost made it right too!

Also: Preview of my new legacy house build.
    I'm so happy with it. :)
    house2notite.png?w=1462
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Derubelle I know @SummerFalls did that in his rocky road story though it wasn't his simself and it's not a legacy :D just the general theme of someone falling into the game.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    @DreamsInPixels Cool! I'll check it out at some point.
    @Lizzie1234 Hi! Welcome!
    @Derubelle I know @Darra84 has done something similar where you fall into a game - but not a legacy.

When your ISBI spouse has twin alien babies... Err... :o
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
    @SimmerSteffie That house looks cool! Are you putting it on the Gallery? It looks kind of like the Estate Home that The Sim Supply did.
    @Pegasus143 Yeah, the exterior/shape of it was definitely inspired by that build! I love his builds, but I wanted to actually do it on my own, so I just took screenshots of the build and went for it. :)

I could put it on the gallery, but there's a lot of cc in it.
    I think I'm going to do a replication eventually on my YT channel with no cc, and I'll put that one on. ^^
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Derubelle wrote: »
    I need advice from simmmers that write and that have been around the forums for a LOOONG time!

I'm guessing @CathyTea @CitizenErased14 ? @SummerFalls ?

And anyone else that feels equipped with the knowledge for my question.

I have a story idea for a casual story (maybe a legacy) but I think it might already have been done (I'm 90% it would have been).

So basically the idea is that I would somehow wake up in the game :D And after a few futile attempts realize I can't exit.. so I would start a legacy. Has this been done already?

Even if it has I don't mind and I'll do it legacy style but if it hasn't been done might make an interesting story out of it.

So has any of you read anything like that anywhere around? :D

I haven't read anything exactly like this! And even if there's anything similar, I say "Do it!" You will make it your own! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Derubelle It was @Darra84 's story that I was thinking of but I couldn't remember what her username was on here. @SummerFalls 's Rocky Road is kind of similar, except the main character gets stuck in a TV show and not the game itself.
    If I remember right it's @JordanNicoleJJ and @MadameLee who have simself legacies.
    @Lizzie1234 yeah! I'm just starting a new job so I'm trying to remind myself not to jump into anything new until I get settled. I have a youtube channel that I'd really like to get back to using though. It was fun when I was recording let's plays and stuff.
    What are you in uni for? :)

Oh cool! Whats the new job? I'm sure you'll be settled soon enough :p Oh that's so cool I love watching Let's Plays :P
    I'm studying Psychology, getting my BSc at the minute :) in my second year so I don't have as much time as I'd like to mess around and write my stories haha :D
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    @Pegasus143 Yeah, the exterior/shape of it was definitely inspired by that build! I love his builds, but I wanted to actually do it on my own, so I just took screenshots of the build and went for it. :)

I could put it on the gallery, but there's a lot of cc in it.
    I think I'm going to do a replication eventually on my YT channel with no cc, and I'll put that one on. ^^
    I'll wait for you to do it with no cc- I do use cc but my computer isn't the best so I don't want a lot of high-poly realistic stuff clogging it up.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    By the way my cookbook is finished now. We will send it soon to the printery and I am so excited. By now it is just for me and my co-workers but who knows how this will develope. Keep your fingers crossed :#

SOOO exciting! Congratulations! Please send us a photo of the cover when you get it back! Way to go!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top