The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 'Shadowmap' ?!

Hello :)

Does maybe anyone know if there is a possibility to change the shadowmap for outdoor lightning in Sims 4?
I got my hole game on the highest resolution settings (and I am really not the only one with this problem :( ) and the windows outside looks really weird... Let me show you what I mean please (english is not my native language so its a bit hard to explain it right - sorry)

For example this EA window:
dropbox.com/s/w49d4hh1yp2p0gc/Shadow2.png?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/5dev2alh5vc0hzw/Shadow1.png?dl=0
(sorry - I am not allowed to post links - I had to remove the www. :blush:
(you see this 'triangles' where should be a shadow)
They get larger and smaller - depending on the daytime.. its not the only window from EA which makes this. And sure they are on custom Objects also.

I am not really sure if it is the shadowmap - or the AO lightning in game... but is there any way to fix this? I would be really really really thankfull if someone knows a fix for it :)

Thank you very much and a lot of greetings,

Andrea

Comments

• pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    That is not a "shadow map", it's a sun shadow mesh in the object. You can try editing it to make it smaller (I did that on one of my objects and it worked, on another one I couldn't see any effect), or maybe remove it.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • BuffyASummersBuffyASummers Posts: 3 New Member
    oh... ok... thank you for your information... I will give it a try... the things I make don't need really a sunshadow... wow... I really thought its about the light in game :) I am sorry for this... but thanks again a lot :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's not the wallshadow? I thought a sunshadow shows on the ground?
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    The wall shadow is a different thing (flat plane with alpha shadow blobs texture on it, like a ground shadow). From their screenshots I take it they are talking about the actual sunshadow = the 3D mesh that is shaped like the object.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • BuffyASummersBuffyASummers Posts: 3 New Member
    my objects I tried even don't got a wall shadow - but this triangles on it... I have to try it with the shadow mesh - make it smaller... didn't had the time yesterday :(