Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 20th Anniversary, Pokemon!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
Yes, I'm a Pokemon fan and as you may or may not know, today is the 20th anniversary of Pokemon!

I just had to make a random thread about it. :)

Comments

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    OH OH OH
    POKEMON SUN AND MOON ANNOUNCED
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    OH OH OH
    POKEMON SUN AND MOON ANNOUNCED

So excited!

Pokemon cupcakes for everyone! :grin:
    Pokemon-Cake-and-Cupcakes-2.jpg
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I heard about Sun and Moon! Can't wait to see what those are about!

Nice cupcakes @GabbyGirlJ LOL
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I can't wait for Pokemon Sun and Moon! I got my free Mew during the February GameStop event, can't wait for the other free giveaways this year.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I am really excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon :) they sound like they're going to be awesome and I can't wait to hear more about them :)
    20 years of Pokemon is very exciting. I remember watching the actual series on TV when I was a kid, great fun! :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    They are compatible with RBY
    So I can Mew Glitch my favorite gen 1 team at level 100 send them over, get someone to clone my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon like my legit Shiny Mew from GEN 3 after ages of Soft Resetting and my level 100 Delphox & Venusaur that I never had leave my team.
    So MISSINGNO AND MEWGLITCH CAN BE USED...
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Dang its been that long. O im old time sure does fly
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Someone has something to say about this......

21aemhu.jpg
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i love Pokemon they been streaming movies all yesterday and today best 20th anniversary and i already preorder my copy of sun and moon at game stop when i pick up my 20th anniversary Pokemon 3ds
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    You can preorder it already?
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Again, I hope I can play it on my original 3DS, as I really want Pokemon Sun and Moon! Really excited about Celebii being offered in March over Wifi!!! 17 years that thing has eluded my grasp. Now I'll finally have one!! ^w^!!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Again, I hope I can play it on my original 3DS, as I really want Pokemon Sun and Moon! Really excited about Celebii being offered in March over Wifi!!! 17 years that thing has eluded my grasp. Now I'll finally have one!! ^w^!!!

I was so happy when I was able to get a Celebi a few years back. Was wanting one ever since the Gen 2 games.

Still waiting on the chance to get that Jirachi, though....

But yeah, I'm pretty excited for the new games as well. Really looking forward to seeing all they're going to be doing with this generation.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »

I was so happy when I was able to get a Celebi a few years back. Was wanting one ever since the Gen 2 games.

Still waiting on the chance to get that Jirachi, though....

But yeah, I'm pretty excited for the new games as well. Really looking forward to seeing all they're going to be doing with this generation.

I got two of those guys I think. If I had Pokemon Bank and the transfer system I'd send one over.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Ah, how technology has advanced

Pokemon Yellow back in 1998

hF2wV3V.jpg

Pokemon Y in 2015

GF0YbYK.jpg
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Uhmahgawd! The excitement is real! @o@ Super excited for Sun and Moon!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    My Kyurem and I can't wait, either!
    tumblr_mg6tzaTWDY1qfyz1jo1_500.gif

By the way, I'm noticing some differences in the digital RBY releases... Makes me wonder what code could've been altered there.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    @friendlyone20 Ah nostalgia. I remember my first play through of Pokemon Blue. I remember being stuck in Seafoam Islands for like a week before the time of being able to hop on the internet and find your way out. I was so happy when I finally found my way out and arrived at Cinnabar Island. Good times. I actually still have my original Blue game cartridge. Haven't checked on it in a very long time, as I no longer have my Gameboy Color.

Still absolutely love the music from that game.
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    edited March 2016
    You can preorder it already?

Yes i preordered both sun and moon
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    Kawaii4LifeKawaii4Life Posts: 211 Member
    I love Pokémon I can't wait to get Moon
    I always wanted to cosplay as Jessie from team rocket
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »
    @friendlyone20 Ah nostalgia. I remember my first play through of Pokemon Blue. I remember being stuck in Seafoam Islands for like a week before the time of being able to hop on the internet and find your way out. I was so happy when I finally found my way out and arrived at Cinnabar Island. Good times. I actually still have my original Blue game cartridge. Haven't checked on it in a very long time, as I no longer have my Gameboy Color.

Still absolutely love the music from that game.

Back then my nieces, nephew and I had a stack of those game strategy guides. They had maps for all the caves. Now I can just Google it when I get stuck lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You can buy Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow for the 3DS. It's only 10 dollars in the Nintendo eShop. I bought Yellow from the eShop. It doesn't have any 3D features and it's boring colors and graphics but it's for nostalgia sake.

@Simmer_Ray: I had no idea we could do that already. I might preorder too.