Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Honestly, If We're waiting this long for toddlers I hope we're getting good stuff..

We're just waiting.... :pensive:

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    At this point I'm just waiting for anything to happen or be announced...it's been too long :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    I agree. A generations EP which included toddlers would be brilliant. Family is just so limited and boring. In saying that I do love this game, but toddlers would make it better.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    At this point I'm just waiting for anything to happen or be announced...it's been too long :/
    Any news at this point I think would be welcome!
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I don't think EA/Maxis is realizing what they are doing by continuing to be silent on toddlers and other future content (whether released or not). They are making people not care by this continued silence. And when people don't care, they no longer have the passion. And passion for this game is what drives us to spend all this money on it.

What, other than passion, would drive someone to spend $10-$40 a month on a game? That's not the kind of money you drop on a casual game. At least not me. I only spend like that when I have passion for the game.

Exactly, The hush policy is really making things worse.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I don't think we're ever getting toddlers. We would have heard something by now. I've just come to accept it at this point and am hoping for other new features like apartments.
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I think TS is like the first time I've actually had to be patient about something.
    Other games have announcements like a couple weeks, a month or two even before the content is released but over here we get nothing til it's JUST about ready to be released it feels. The only real "news" is the speculation threads and those are basically people grasping at straws soo..

But anyways. It would be nice if they reintroduced that life stage. They have plenty of time to do it. Could just be me being optimistic..or giving them bad ideas but hey, it'll be a good cash grab if they decide to put it in an GP/EP. I wouldn't put it pass them to do something like that. >:)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I think I read that it takes them at least 2 years to make pets. I think toddlers would about the same. So if they started working on them soon after Sims 4 launch, hopefully we'll see toddlers sometime this year. But probably not within the next couple months.
  • Aerowen9203Aerowen9203 Posts: 52 Member
    A generation EP w/toddlers would be amazing!! I still have hope about toddlers and a generation EP coming. I'm not 100% informed on the release dates of previous EPs but I just hope they come soon! I'm missing toddlers. And playable babies..
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member

Haha I second this!
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Who says we're getting toddlers? For that matter, who says we're not? o:)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • ijustlikesimsijustlikesims Posts: 83 Member
    I know this won't happen but I am hoping for toddlers and preteens. It always kind of bothered me that a child went from elementary to hs and i think there is a untapped great gameplay by adding volatile, passive aggressive, preteens. They could have interactions like trying on make up, talking about crushes to friends etc. A simmer can dream!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Amy327 wrote: »
    I agree. A generations EP which included toddlers would be brilliant. Family is just so limited and boring. In saying that I do love this game, but toddlers would make it better.
    Any news at this point I think would be welcome!

No thank you. I will NOT purchase an expansion pack so I can have toddlers in my game. They need to be included in a free patch or not at all. I'm sick of paying extra money for something that should've already been in the base game to begin with.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    A generation EP w/toddlers would be amazing!! I still have hope about toddlers and a generation EP coming. I'm not 100% informed on the release dates of previous EPs but I just hope they come soon! I'm missing toddlers. And playable babies..

An expansion pack with toddlers would certainly not be amazing. This is why EA and Maxis think they can continuously release overly priced DLC... it's because players are always suggesting how "okay" it would be for them to make us pay for base game content. No thanks. Toddlers need to be patched in for FREE or not at all.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Not only should we get good things, but toddlers should also be patched in for FREE. I refuse to purchase an expansion pack to have toddlers in my game. Especially since they were originally confirmed to be in the base game, but were removed at last minute for no reason. It's their own fault that toddlers weren't included in the first place. Making us pay money because they decided to make such stupid mistakes is greedy and selfish... then again, greed is what EA lives on.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Not only should we get good things, but toddlers should also be patched in for FREE. I refuse to purchase an expansion pack to have toddlers in my game. Especially since they were originally confirmed to be in the base game, but were removed at last minute for no reason. It's their own fault that toddlers weren't included in the first place. Making us pay money because they decided to make such stupid mistakes is greedy and selfish... then again, greed is what EA lives on.

They've done it before, with Spore. There was an entire life stage that they showed in the previews that turned out to not be in the game with it was released. It's pretty much the exact same situation as TS4: the preview video showed you would start as little bacteria creatures, then water creatures, then move onto land. The water section was actually the part that appealed to me the most, and part of the reason I bought the game. But when the game was released the water section was removed, you went from bacteria to land creatures (just as strange as babies to 10 year olds). They said it was too difficult to make the water section 3D movement. The game was still pretty fun, but I was disappointed.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

They've done it before, with Spore. There was an entire life stage that they showed in the previews that turned out to not be in the game with it was released. It's pretty much the exact same situation as TS4: the preview video showed you would start as little bacteria creatures, then water creatures, then move onto land. The water section was actually the part that appealed to me the most, and part of the reason I bought the game. But when the game was released the water section was removed, you went from bacteria to land creatures (just as strange as babies to 10 year olds). They said it was too difficult to make the water section 3D movement. The game was still pretty fun, but I was disappointed.

Lulz what
    There are modders who recreated the stage in spore and EA wasnt able to do this lol. EA you lazy

Ontopic: Ea will lose Likely money if they stay silent.
    I swear just simple Yes or No of EA could free us all but NO they are silent.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Yeah, to save the OP trouble: We're not getting toddlers.

Seriously, we're not. They know it would be worse if they half-plummed toddlers, and with the Sims main history they've never been able to patch in a life stage.
    foussi wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »

Lulz what
    There are modders who recreated the stage in spore and EA wasnt able to do this lol. EA you lazy

Ontopic: Ea will lose Likely money if they stay silent.
    I swear just simple Yes or No of EA could free us all but NO they are silent.

I know they need to give us a yes or a no, but they have a hush policy or they are afraid to say no because people will jump off of the plane with the sims franchise.
    Yeah, to save the OP trouble: We're not getting toddlers.

Seriously, we're not. They know it would be worse if they half-plummed toddlers, and with the Sims main history they've never been able to patch in a life stage.

How would you know? They could just be taking years because they are trying to make it great as possible, or even adding pre-teens AND toddlers, Like someone said once, The gurus are listening, they just dont post on forums.
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2016
    Perhaps they are waiting for everyone to stop asking for toddlers before they bring them back lol. If that's the case, we are all POL. I do want toddlers to show up sometime but honesty, I'd rather have a puppy first!
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited February 2016
    seriously op sorry for the logic here but what are the chances we get toddlers it all depends on the gurus budget for the ep or sp because there is only 1% chance that they will be patch in and 99% chance that they will be in an ep
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

Haha I second this!

Right now all I'm interested in is the Gamepack 3 Announcement and if it's restuarents how they'll be shown in the release trailer.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm not about to spend money on an expansion pack that comes with toddlers. I suspect I'm not the only one. People need to get over the idea that EA *has* to put in toddlers because they're in such demand and they'll lose money if they don't, and besides they owe it to the fans.

Actually they don't owe the fans anything. They've made it plain that they're all about the money. And it's obvious that, while they're not making *as* much money with the Sims 4 as they made with the other 3 games, it's still making money and people are still buying without toddlers.

And as long as there are players pushing the idea that we're somehow obligated to give EA a chance by continuing to buy all the DLC they toss at us, thereby supporting the game, and that all this DLC is going to improve the game to the point that it will be The Best Sims Game Evah...even without toddlers...EA will continue to take shortcuts, spending the minimum and expecting the maximum, and in the meantime, continuing to funnel the profits made from The Sims 4 to other projects. But then again, I understand that everyone does that, not just EA.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I wouldn't hold my breath on toddlers being amazing. I don't really think Children, Teens, or Elders are amazing and they definitely have more gameplay potential than toddlers.

Aside from that, Maxis is still faced with a big dilemma. Do they sell them, or patch them in? From our standpoint it would be logical to just patch them in, but Maxis is more concerned with profit over anything else. For them to develop them, and patch them in for free they would have to expect that it would increase sales. If they don't forecast that, then there's no way they would give them away for free, which would result in heavy backlash similar to what we saw before launch that prompted an official statement. Maxis is gonna try to avoid that.

Either way omitting toddlers from the BG was a lose-lose situation.