Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Finishing School Challege

jasminevila2jasminevila2 Posts: 7 New Member
Hi guys! Okay, so I came up with the idea for this challenge and decided to write it out. If you are able to try it, have any suggestions, or just want to talk about it... Let me know! This isn't the final draft, just sort of a testing period. Please tell me how your expirience goes if you try it! Please don't take this as "women should be this way, blah blah blah" it's just a fun idea! I believe us girls have the right to be who we want and do what we please, but I still thought it was a cool challege to put together.

Story: It is as if the ladies of today are not as elegant, delicate, or poised as they used to be in your days. When you were a young woman, the biggest accomplishment was snagging yourself a nice husband and being, in a sense, the perfect house wife. There used to be alot of pride that came from being prim and proper. However, in this modern age... Girls seem to be lacking in grace, manners, and good old fashioned values. If you were younger, you'd show these girls how a proper woman carries herself. But, you're just an elderly widower, left with nothing but a large estate. Being so skilled in music, art, logic, charisma, and cooking helps to give you things to occupy your time, but you never had children to pass on your knowledge to. You always wanted a daughter, several, to teach the art of being ladylike. Your clock on life is ticking, isn't there something you can do? So, you've decided to convert your home into a finishing school for young women! Of course... It's difficult to keep up with these young girls, they have so much energy and you're on the cusp of a meeting with the reaper... So, it's become a finishing school with a twist in your favor.

Rules:
1. No cheats! You may use a money cheat at the beginning in order to have funds to build your school/home.
2. No men are allowed to live in the house. If a girl marries, she is to move out with her husband.
3. Every girl must have a roomate! So, two girls to a bedroom. This way, the old woman can better keep an eye on her students. The woman should have her own room.
4. Days start at 7:00 or 8:00 A.M and come to an end by 9:00 P.M with all the girls in bed or ATLEAST in their rooms preparing for bed.
5. Visitors are not allowed in the house after 8:00 P.M.
6. You must keep the old woman an old woman! (She can not die. You can do this by having a cowplant.)
7. Any skills the girls learn MUST be taught to them by the old woman.
8. None of them are allowed to have jobs, old woman included.
9. Girls must master cooking or baking, charisma, logic, and an instrument before she marries.
10. The girls must be young adults! If they reach adulthood before marriage, they are to be fed to the cowplant.
11. Whomever a girl goes on her first date with, is whom she has to marry. This is to teach the girls faithfulness and loyalty!
12. The men that are to become spouses can be young adults, adults, or elderly.
13. Girls cannot go after already married men or eachothers men.
14. Every girl getting married MUST have a wedding ceremony and the old woman, other students, and elligible bachelors must be in attendence.
15. If a girl recieves 3 strikes, she's to be fed to the cowplant!

Set Up:
1. Create an elderly woman and move her onto an empty lot.
2.Create the house/school to your liking.
3. Get a cowplant.
4. Master atleast one instrument, logic, cooking (or gourmet cooking, preferably), baking, and charisma.

Gameplay/Guidelines:
1. Your old woman will find 4 to 6 (must be an even number for rooming situation) young ladies in town and invite them to live with you and attend your school. (You may create the girls in CAS and move them in, but finding and inviting them to move in will give your household some extra funds.)
2.The goal is to marry off as many girls as possible before they're adults (A.K.A, past their "prime"). If they are not married before adulthood, the old woman has to feed them to the cow plant.
3.There will be challenges and daily goals to achieve. If a girl fails a challenge or does not meet a goal, she recieves a strike. If she recieves three strikes, she's fed to the cowplant.
4. Once a student is eaten or married, you may replace her or wait until the entire group is gone and move a new one in.

Schedule (You do not have to go in order):

Monday: Charisma
Daily goals: Teach each girl a charisma skill and have all the girls become friends with one another.
Challenge: Invite a man over. Each girl must befriend him, if a girl does not befriend him before it is time for him to leave, she recieves a strike. The girl with the highest level of relationship with him may go on a date with him. If they all have equal scores on the meter, then the first girl to have befriended him wins.

Tuesday: Music
Daily goal: Teach each girl a musical skill.
Challenge: Invite 3 men over and have all the girls play for tips in a room with them, the girl who recieves the least amount of tips got the least amount of attention, and gets a strike. The girl with the most amount of tips may go on a date with one of the three men.

Wednesday: Cooking & Baking
Daily goal: Teach each girl a cooking or baking skill, or both!
Challenge: Have all the girls prepare a dish and have a party with some men attending. The girl with the best quality dish, or the one whos dish gets eaten first, wins and gets to go on a date. The girl who's dish goes uneaten, or who has the poorest quality, loses and gets a strike.

Thursday: Logic
Daily goal: Teach each girl a logic skill.
Challenge: Have each girl play each other in a chess game then invite a man over. If a girl loses more than one chess game, she gains a strike. If she wins the majority of the games, she gets to play against the man. If she loses, she gets a strike. If she wins, she gets to go on a date with him.

Friday: Man Hunt
Daily goal: Gain another skill level in any of your learned skills.
Challenge: Take all the girls who haven't been on a date to the park and have them mingle with some suitors. Each girl must befriend a man before it's time to go home. If she doesn't, she gets a strike. First girl to befriend a man, gets to go on a date with him.

Saturday: Level skills up or have your girls go on dates.

Sunday: Level skills up or have your girls go on dates.

Tell me what you think! Thank you!!!
Post edited by jasminevila2 on

Comments

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I really like it! However, what do you mean by "young girl"? Do you mean a child, teen or young adult? I'm guessing it would be teen? The idea is really original and I have to try it out! I don't have TS4 and I prefer TS2 so I'll have to try on TS2! :)
  • jasminevila2jasminevila2 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Razing;13587084"]I really like it! However, what do you mean by "young girl"? Do you mean a child, teen or young adult? I'm guessing it would be teen? The idea is really original and I have to try it out! I don't have TS4 and I prefer TS2 so I'll have to try on TS2! :) [/quote]

You could go from teen to young adult if you really wanted to, but I meant young adult. You can't invite a teenager to live with you. Unless you create the teens in CAS and place them in the household! I'm really glad you like the idea!
  • spiltinkspiltink Posts: 1 New Member
    Started this last night! So much fun. I already have two girls that are a strike away from being eaten by the cowplant. I did have to modify one rule because I'm super forgetful :P which is that they only have to complete either the task OR the challenge for the day because I suck at keeping track of that many things.
  • AutumnDancersAutumnDancers Posts: 2 New Member
    Sounds really fun, just one question- what do you do once you reach the end of the week? Do you just repeat it? :)
  • AstralBlazeAstralBlaze Posts: 6 New Member
    I have a hard time finding challenges that interest me that aren't too difficult or too easy, and this one sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to try it out when I can.
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I'm not gonna try this, I'm against the being fed by cowplant idea, is there any other way like deleting them out of the game. For the other things I would love trying this, but I just don't want to kill sims since I'm not a murderer. All sims that died in my games was by old age
    [quote="AutumnDancers;13634176"]Sounds really fun, just one question- what do you do once you reach the end of the week? Do you just repeat it? :) [/quote]

You can repeat the week, select random days, or make up your own daily challenges based on the needs of your students :)
    [quote="Fennadev;13642005"]I'm not gonna try this, I'm against the being fed by cowplant idea, is there any other way like deleting them out of the game. For the other things I would love trying this, but I just don't want to kill sims since I'm not a murderer. All sims that died in my games was by old age[/quote]

If you're so against the idea of having the sims fed to the cow plant, then by all means, deleting them is a fine alternative :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I just want to point out the mistake in your OP. A widower is a male who wife has died. You just want the term Widow unless one can be a spinster and do it instead?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • verascrambleverascramble Posts: 9 New Member
    uhh no then why is there a balck widow challenge and the widow is a lady
  • AnnaSims123AnnaSims123 Posts: 90 Member
    is woohoo allowed?
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    uhh no then why is there a balck widow challenge and the widow is a lady

I think she means a widow is a female and a widower is a male

But I like the idea of this challenge
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2015
    Love this idea so I'm bringing it back from the dead!
    Post edited by Twoeta_Bird on
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    i love this challenge! im right now buisy leveling up the old womans skills. i deided to play a week with her alone to level her cooking, violin and charisma
  • HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    Hey! I love this idea!
    I actually sort of made a challenge with the same idea, but it's a little different. The concept of owning the school and the seven girls are the same, but the goal is to graduate from the school with a couple different goals.

It has mostly different rules, and a different schedule for the "students"

Also, there's no feeding to the cowplant aspect.

I was wondering if I could post it, I'll give credit to you for the idea. Or it you want to see it, just tell me.

Thanks,
    Mara :)
  • NerdyNerdsDeluxNerdyNerdsDelux Posts: 39 Member
    Is it ok if I put my own spin on this challenge? I would keep it an old lady, but have 6 female children, and raise them until YA.
  • NatariaNataria Posts: 587 Member
    This really does sound like a great challenge. Can't wait to try it :)
    Origin name: Beatrix85
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    This sounds hysterical. I kind of want to do it, except I might want to make the old woman be the mother of 4 daughters instead and just have them be the ones she does the challenge with, since I don't usually like to play with townies. I like to use my own creations. Although, there are a few girls in my neighborhood who are still since, so they might work for this.
  • ThatAwesomeChickThatAwesomeChick Posts: 1 New Member

Hi, do you need to only master one skill/instrument or all of the ones you've listed?
    I'm sooo excited to start on this challenge!! :)
  • InuAk3miInuAk3mi Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so gonna try this...
  • bluewolf110bluewolf110 Posts: 2 New Member
    May I put my own spin on this and post it? Ill credit you, but I think it'll be more of a simpler-ish one with certain 'quirks'
  • bluewolf110bluewolf110 Posts: 2 New Member
    This also reminds me of a book i read a few years ago called The Princess Academy.. it was a really good book from what i remember
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2016
    Very interesting, I love the stern, old, 'this is how it should be' woman, although she's a bit psychotic, she wants all these girls to be her 'daughters' in a sense and trains them up, but if they don't live up to her expectations they get 'offed', fed to the cow plant, and the old woman lives off their youth. It's almost like something The Grimm brothers would write.
  • cashmerettecashmerette Posts: 17 New Member
    Can we use a pre-existing lot or do we have to make it ourselves?
  • NerdyNerdsDeluxNerdyNerdsDelux Posts: 39 Member
    I am doing this, but I'm changing up some rules. I'm only giving strikes for a few things, but instead awarding points. The girl with the most points gets to go on a date on Saturday, and the one with the lowest loses a skill point.

I just thought that these changes would suit my play style better. I'm also starting them as teens as well.