Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like we won't be getting shower woohoo any time soon

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Nooooooooo, oh noooooo :cry: Omg... seriously sad.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    well that's plum. Sorry CLP I know you were hoping to see this make its way back.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay time for another speculation thread.... she did say maybe someday.... see that!!
    egTcBMc.png
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay time for another speculation thread.... she did say maybe someday.... see that!!

OMG! Shower woohoo confirmed! ;)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You could fit 2 sims in the shower/bath combos though... Or double-size showers, if we get those at some point.
    edited February 2016
    But what about all those woohoo animations that someone found? ?

*edited, not animations of sims..but of clouds and hearts, fireworks and stuff

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I guess their testing them. Most likely bigger showers will need to be made.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

A shower for one lonely sim?

*giggle*

I guess their testing them. Most likely bigger showers will need to be made.

Oh gawd... no.. I just don't want to believe that tweet, like seriously! omg EA :-1: Booooo

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2016
    Not exactly a promising tweet that states that shower woohoo will ever make it into Sims 4 because SimGuruSarah has stated at the end of her tweet that maybe someday shower woohoo will find it's way into the game. :#
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Curious why 2 sims won't fit though. Sims can route somewhere with only half a tile access, meaning a sim only takes up a quarter tile... Yeah, 2 sims would be a tight squeeze, but I don't see how it would be impossible.

If it has to do with slot-popping, and showers only have one standing slot, that's something that could be recoded, right? I know I've seen mods that increase slots on furniture.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Curious why 2 sims won't fit though. Sims can route somewhere with only half a tile access, meaning a sim only takes up a quarter tile... Yeah, 2 sims would be a tight squeeze, but I don't see how it would be impossible.

If it has to do with slot-popping, and showers only have one standing slot, that's something that could be recoded, right? I know I've seen mods that increase slots on furniture.
    It could be the way that that they currently have the showers set-up in the game. That would be my guess as to why two sims can't fit in the shower in the game at this time.

• GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think she said that because they won't give as a patch prob. So there will be a special shower like in spa day bathtubs but the GP or SP prob would make all showers big enough for the animation to accept it, like they did with the other tubs if you have Spa Day GP.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

A shower for one lonely sim?

tumblr_m5j68e52xk1qi7upa.gif

heartstopper-couple.gif
    edited February 2016
    If they can fit nicely in a bush, I would think they could fit in a shower.
    You would think that because two sims can fit in those bushes together. But here's the thing, those bushes may not be set-up the same way as the showers are in the game when it comes to sims fitting in them together. Which would allow two sims to fit in a bush together, but not a shower.

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Sadly, just like my real life....
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    You would think that because two sims can fit in those bushes together. But here's the thing, those bushes may not be set-up the same way as the showers are in the game when it comes to sims fitting in them together. Which would allow two sims to fit in a bush together, but not a shower.

I'm sure you are right, but sims can literally stand inside each other, and often do. Just throw a blur over that and toss in some heart confetti, wham, bam and Bob's your uncle. Seems strange they have had animation coding in the game for just such a thing, shower woohoo that is, but I guess somewhere along the way ran into a roadblock.. or a uhh... err... anotherkindablock along the way.
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm sure you are right, but sims can literally stand inside each other, and often do. Just throw a blur over that and toss in some heart confetti, wham, bam and Bob's your uncle. Seems strange they have had animation coding in the game for just such a thing, shower woohoo that is, but I guess somewhere along the way ran into a roadblock.. or a uhh... err... anotherkindablock along the way.
    I agree with you all the way. Which is why I wish that they would do something about sims passing through something in the game. I mean that they tried so hard to keep that from happening in 3. And here it is again, back in full force in Sims 4. Such a shame! :(

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Read between the lines. It just means the particular Sim animations have not been made yet for shower woohoo. I'm sure it has nothing to do with whether two Sims can fit together in a shower or not--we know Sims can walk right through each other, so it's just a matter of adding the coding, if Maxis so chooses. Right now animations only support one Sim using a shower object, that's all SGSarah is saying. It doesn't mean someday we can't hope to see this gameplay. :)