Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @StSciurus Congratulations on the win! You deserve it. And thank you for your kind comment.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Established Results for #BnS 35 - We Have A Plan

@lisa17ann

Grey and White is a gorgeous suburban design perfect for any family. The exterior textures contrast well and give a very clean and crisp appearance to the facade. Lovely patio at the rear, looks very private and tranquil with the water fountain feature and high fence. Great choice of trees and greenery at the front which add to the elegance of the build. Good interior layout with all rooms accessible, really love the colour schemes of the rooms, subtle yet vibrant! The garage is wonderful and it's great you made use of this space by adding a woodworking bench.

Suggestions: The front of the house looks very attractive and interesting but I feel the rear and sides look a little monotonous having all the windows exactly the same. I would break up these walls using windows of different sizes and shapes to add more interest here.

@steskens

Maison la Maison has such a gorgeous welcoming entrance with all the beautiful plants and trees. Great house design with a good choice of exterior textures and roofing. The layout looks lovely and spacious with the open plan kitchen, dining and living areas. I love how you've combined modern and traditional in the furnishings and the large windows here provide a light and airy atmosphere. Wonderful study room, really like how you've placed the shelves here and the music room is looks very ambient. Very spacious patio at the rear, it will be wonderful to bbq and relax in this area.

Suggestions: Watch the budget, this is the gallery cost plus the lot cost. Regarding the slideshow, we like to see an overhead shot of the whole site with roof up and overheads of each floor. As we judge primarily from the slideshow it is good to provide a few pictures of each room so we see them at different angles. With regard to the build I would have added windows to the right side at the front to even it up and provide more interest. The rear patio is a wonderful size and I think would benefit greatly from the addition of potted plants, maybe a bar and a lounge area.

@Issabella14

Coastal Retreat is a very appropriate name for your gorgeous build, a perfect place for rest and relaxation. I love the summery theme with the white siding and wooden deck. The open 'doors' give the home a light and airy appearance, as does the gym area with the stunning views. The climbing plants look very pretty against the walls and the pond looks very cool and refreshing with the fountains. It's good to see you brought the coastal theme inside with the yellow and blue colour scheme, wooden floors and panelled walls. Very well decorated with just the right amount of clutter, quite eclectic in style. Awesome work with the boys room, love the ivy creeping up by the bed, the green colour scheme and the skelly bear provides a spooky theme here!

Suggestions: The front of the house is wonderfully decorated and landscaped but I feel the back has been a little neglected. I would have added either a bbq/dining area or lounge seats on the rear deck to give a little more interest. Also, the parking area doesn't quite fit in with the surrounding area, the gravel just stops. I would have used one of the stone/grass pavers terrain paint to merge in with the area outside the lot.

@LionessInMN

Olivette is a very stately build, oozing elegance with the columns and balconies. The wall textures and arches give the house a mediterranean feel, as do your choice of trees. The plants look beautiful at the front and a very welcoming sight. Fantastic patio at the rear, a very relaxing area with the hot tub, bar, bbq and dining. Excellent interior layout with all rooms accessible, enabling great game play. Really like how you've provided lots of fun activities and the music area looks wonderful. Excellent work with the bath and shower rooms, again very elegant and classy.

Suggestions: Gorgeous interior design but I feel this could be greatly enhanced by using more colour to give vibrance and to add more interest. Also, please title the pics in future presentations.

@StSciurus

Casa Flanders is a gorgeous modern build with great structural design and perfect roofing for this style. Love the exterior textures, all contrasting very well. Lovely choice of plants adding to the attractiveness of this build. The carport fits in well and I absolutely love the pool and patio area, looks so peaceful and refreshing and the planters hanging on the wall add so much interest here. The open plan interior layout is spacious with all rooms easily accessible enabling great game play. Your choice of colour scheme is vivid and vibrant giving the home warmth and excitement. Excellent idea to have future building plans for the laundry area!

Suggestions: I would suggest you experiment using different wall textures to the interiors, ie stonework and paint or panelling and paint, etc. Great effects can be made to rooms this way.

@mommataurus2

Willow Creek Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful unique design, looking very maritime with the blue and white colour scheme and choice of windows. The pretty plants adorning the front and the pathways really enhance the build. Great interior layout with all rooms spacious and easily accessible. Gorgeous classic interior design, decorated and furnished wonderfully well. Love the farmhouse kitchen and what a fantastic idea to use a bench at the table, very realistic looking! I also love the double study idea and all the appropriate bits and pieces in this room.

Suggestions: The large pool at the rear is great but I think a slightly smaller pool maybe with plants, sculptures, seating or lights around the sides, would have added more interest and colour to this area.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@lisa17ann

Second place goes to ....

@LionessInMN

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thanks for the wonderful review @BnS. Congrats @lisa17ann for winning the challenge and @LionessInMN for 2nd place. <3:)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congratulations to @lisa17ann and @LionessInMN ! And thank you @BuildnShare for your thoughtful comments!
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Oh wow I really wasn't expecting this! Thank you so much for the feedback @BuildnShare and thank you for the congratulations @steskens @Issabella14 and @StSciurus :)

Everyone did such an amazing job and I'm truly honoured :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Congrats to @lisa17ann! I agree that the entries were fantastic so I am honored to get second :). Thank you to @BuildnShare for the suggestions! I appreciate the feedback.
    Starting Out Results for #BnS 35 - We Have A Plan

@AmyCarolyn

A Modern Surprise is an astounding design, very unique with lots of interest and very well balanced. Excellent choice of exterior textures, as well as the windows and doors used. Gorgeous landscaping which softens the modern look and enhances the appearance of the build. Lovely modern interiors, all decorated and furnished in a very chic and stylish way. I love how you've created the pool/patio area, open sides but covered above, again very beautiful.

Suggestions: Watch the budget, this is the build cost plus the lot cost which gives the total (budget) cost. Regarding the build, I would have added plants or sculptures where the driveway starts to disguise where the edges of the paving stop. We like to see overhead shots of the site plan with roof up in order to see the roof lines and overhead shots of each floor to see the general layout. We also like to see pics of each side elevation too.

@popettypop2012

Charming Family Cottage is exactly what it's name says, a wonderful cottage style build perfect for any family. The exterior textures you have chosen fit the cottage well and the shuttered windows really perfect the look. Love the chimney, it looks mighty impressive and the landscaping is very pretty and welcoming at the front. Wow, what a great idea to have a large movie screen outdoors, it will be lovely watching this from the pool area! Great interior design, decorated and furnished lovely in the country cottage style, all very classy.

Suggestions: The budget is the cost of the lot plus the actual build cost, this must be adhered to. With regard to the build I would have removed the two low walls at the beginning of the front entrance as they don't seem to be 'doing' anything here. Also, as we judge primarily from the pictures you provide, it would be good to see a few shots of every room in order to see the rooms from different angles.

@AmyCarolyn

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    So excited about this build! Very happy to put this under my belt and learn from it! Thanks to those who judged and downloaded it! Can't wait to grow and improve from here!
    Established Results for #BnS 36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

@mommataurus2

It's wonderful how you've transformed your inspiration pic into your own unique build, a great interpretation I must say. The build is well balanced for a post modern with 'almost' symmetry and a gorgeous colour combination. The roof design provides the build with added interest. The landscaping is green and minimal, perfect for this modern style. Great interior layout, very roomy and spacious with all areas flowing into each other. Love the kitchen area and the bedroom looks superb surrounded by the water walls and candles.

Suggestions: The marble tiles you have used throughout the interior look a little too classical for this post modern home. I would have used the flowing tiles to match the walls and maybe added more rugs and green indoor plants. Also, can you please label your pics in the slideshow.

@AmyCarolyn

A wonderful and welcoming appearance to your build with the colourful plants and warm lighting. Great choice and placement of windows providing a light and airy feel to the interior of this post modern home. The flat roof and structure of the build add to the modernity. Excellent interior layout, roomy and spacious with all areas divided in different ways. Love the colour scheme, it all blends together really well, giving the ultra modern look.

Suggestions: The rear patio looks lovely and relaxing but appears a little 'square'. I would edge the paving with either plants or maybe gravel or pebble terrain paint to soften the edges. Also, watch the budget, this is the gallery cost plus the lot cost.

@crysk

Fantastic structural design to your unique and ultra modern build with great contrasting exterior finishes. You've achieved great effects with the colourful fountains and planting surrounding the home and the large windows provide lots of light and airiness to the interior. Great work on the layout, you've designated the different areas very well. Absolutely love the flooring designs, this really adds a lot of interest. The balcony is a beautiful area for meditation, love the cool blue colour scheme here.

Suggestions: Terrain paint is great to use as pathways to achieve the design you want, but I think in this case it looks a little out of character with the build. I would have used single square flooring dotted as a stepping stone effect to keep in line with the modern look. Also please title your pics, this is expected at this level.

@iampes23

Post Modern Studio Home is a gorgeous build that oozes rest and relaxation. Your great choice of exterior finishes are quite beach like and the rear patio with the calming fountain looks perfect for meditation. Great roof structure, unique and very balanced and the large windows provide lots of light indoors. Really like the commentary of the prospective buyer! Good idea to place the large plant in the centre, a wonderful focal point entering the home. Wonderful modern interior design, really like the compact kitchen and luxury bathroom, especially the down arrow pointing to the throne in it's own nook!

Suggestions: The layout is fantastic, very spacious and roomy but I would have divided the different areas more. For example between the bedroom and the yoga area I think another set of candle dividers would work and maybe use half walls or bamboo plants between kitchen, dining and living areas.

@StSciurus

Postmodern Paradise is a most interesting and unique design, love your take on this style, it certainly is very whimsy and quirky! Lovely contrasting exterior textures, fantastic front entrance design and your choice of landscaping is spot on. Good interior layout which is roomy and spacious. The ultra modern design here is perfect for the build and I really like how you've used the sculpture to divide the foyer from the living area, as well as the pieces from grandmother! The splashes of red add vibrancy and life indoors and out. The red fence at the rear works so well and the spherical emitter, together with the beautiful planting, makes a very relaxing yoga and meditation area.

Sim challenge: Awesome interview with Rich Marriner, really like the part about a day in his life. Wonderful wardrobe for this gorgeous bachelor and I must say the yoga pics are fantastic! Great work.

Suggestions: Where the path edging stops at the front I would have added a couple of potted plants or even sculptures for example, just to soften the look. Regarding the interior, maybe use a further sculpture to divide the bedroom from the living area and perhaps add plants/sculptures to form a focal point between the front and rear doors.

@StSciurus

The winner of the Sim challenge is ....

@StSciurus

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations @StSciurus, a very well deserved win for both your build and Sim! *Hugs* :)
    edited February 2016
    Thank you, @Karababy52 ! It is a privilege to be among so many talented builders. And many thanks to @BuildnShare for the time and effort they put into these challenges.
    Congrats @StSciurus on your win, well done. :)
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Dobele congratulations at @StSciurus
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Thank you so much, @Issabella14 and @crysk ! I really appreciate all the talent and creativity of builders such as yourselves. I learn so much from you all! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Congrats @StSciurus loved your entry well deserved win
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Wow! Thank you @Cbear13 for those very kind remarks! :)
    Starting Out Results for #BnS 36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

@popettypop2012

Your post-modern build is a fabulous design and I love your choice of windows and lights which contrast so well with the exterior wall textures and roof trims. The wall surrounding the house finishes off the contemporary look perfectly. The rear garden is stunning! The fountain looks cool and refreshing and makes a great focal point for practising yoga and meditation. This area is so beautiful with the colourful planting and is a great place to relax, bbq and listen to music. The interior layout is wonderful, spacious and roomy, light and airy, a great design.

Suggestions: The bedroom seems a little too open and close to the living area. For privacy I would have added a half wall or perhaps a sculpture to divide the bedroom from this area.

@popettypop2012

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you so much, @BuildnShare
    Congratulations @popettypop2012 ! :)
    Thank you, @StSciurus :)
    Congrats @popettypop2012 :)
    Thank you, @Issabella14
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Congrats @popettypop2012 great entry you have improved so much since you first started
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Thank you so much, @cbear13 My improvement is only possible because I joined the competitions and especially thanks to kind and very helpful judges like you:)
    Established Results for #BnS 37 - The Play is the Thing

@popettypop2012

Wonderful idea to create an outdoor playhouse, which looks absolutely beautiful! The landscaping is stunning, providing a very attractive appearance. Love the pond area with the fountains, looks very peaceful and relaxing. Great exterior layout creating pathways leading to the different activities, it’s very good how you’ve divided these areas. You really have thought of something for everyone with this build, the kids area, bbq dining, bar, music, art, chess, etc. The stage is set very elegantly, the statues and columns provide the historic look required and the greenery tops it all off very nicely.

Suggestions: This is certainly an ‘Established’ level creation and as such, pictures need to be titled and overhead shots of the whole site plan, together with each floor plan, are expected. Regarding the build, as it’s historic, I would have used different wall coverings in the bathroom area as the tiles used do look a little too modern.

@StSciurus

What a magnificent theatre! I can see you have thoroughly researched London’s ‘Theatreland’ and found your inspiration for Palace Theatre. The fabulous architecture oozes history with the splendid turrets, balconies and sculptures, all adding to its very ornate appearance. Fantastic interior design, especially the different seating levels. The ‘Royal’ boxes look very realistic and the highest level is just amazing. I actually felt I was inside this theatre, walking down to the stalls and feeling the antiquity of the place! Great work with the mediaeval stage here and I love your choice of flooring and wall coverings.

Suggestions: The café and bar areas and wonderfully designed but I think there is a little too much wooden flooring here. I would have broken this up by adding some carpet/mats or placing more tables and chairs here.

@StSciurus

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top