Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone loose their excitement for anouncements?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I only get excited when there is an official announcement, not speculations. :) I've always been like this.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    SimsFur wrote: »
    But again.. what interesting packs are coming.. to repeat what you just said. No where is written what packs are coming so you wouldnt be able to know that they are interesting. That was my point. An opinion-based issue is not really possible if something doesnt excist.
    :)

It's not just the packs, it's knowing/guessing what will come in the future. Like, we all know pets/seasons will most likely return, that makes me excited. I know they'll be interesting and exciting for me, because I already like everything that came out, like I said, I love this game, no matter the basegame alone or full with all of the packs. It's still an opinion, since you don't find a reason (my guess) to be excited about packs that aren't released yet, while I am. :blush:

I wouldnt get my hopes up that high that seasons or pets will make a return. To be honest.. a lot have showed that EA can disappoint you in the most unexpected ways. Yes sure i would say pets and seasons are ccoming, but its never a YES untill they say it is.. and even then. Look what happened to toddlers. They would be there in the release and now still no word and the same goes for many other features.
    Good for you to be happy with this game and i hope you can enjoy it, cause everyone deserves that ;)
    With that said.. i guess you will be one who did not loose his/her excitement for any EA anouncements.

This is what I think too. EA have stripped so much from the game...how can you be sure anything will make a return?

I mean, they removed open world to improve game performance. Well....seasons and pets are both two of the most demanding features in the sims. I just can't see them implementing that into 4, or else simmers will no longer be fawning over how smooth the game is...
  • lisastar08lisastar08 Posts: 121 Member
    I only started playing 4 last month and I'm already tired of the way things are handled. I didn't jump on board with Sims 3 til it was complete, but do remember the days of knowing well in advance what expansion packs would be coming next for 2, watching videos, looking up screenshots, counting down the days until the release, I miss all of that. This whole not knowing anything until the week before....just doesn't feel like the Sims franchise I remember back when they were focused on 2 or the original. It's frustrating to have nothing to go on other than a lot of speculation from the smallest things that may not even really be hints.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2016
    I still get very excited when an official announcement comes but I enjoy the game they are putting out. I want more content though.
    I've (mostly) learned to not get upset over the speculation.. Gamescom was my wake up to enjoy it as it comes. I was positive they would make a certain special announcement.. then that didn't come. Speculation should be fun and I'm not going to pin my hopes on the next EP being the one that I want the most..... or even the one that others want most so that it's done and over. I can get carried away a bit depending on mood but we have many years of EP's, GP's and SP's coming. I'd rather much rather enjoy the ride.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Getting hyped and excited for a new release is actually half of the fun in simming for me. This feelings have lacked during this iteration (last time was GTW for me and news always disappointed me instead of fueling my fire), but I recently rediscovered the fun with TS4 and I love what's being speculated about, so here is to hoping.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Not much excitement ever, just endless speculation on things people actually want the big ones now being restaurants and of coarse toddlers and when packs/stuff/expansions are finally announced its never what's being asked for. A ugly wishing well, punchbowl, popcorn maker and ice cream machine is not doing it for me excitement at an all time low.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm always excited for more news (and I'm definitely looking forward to future SP, GP, and EP announcements), but I don't get excited about anything that isn't officially confirmed. It's not worth the energy, and my life is way too busy to waste time on speculation.

All of This..
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2016
    Eh I've never been one to jump aboard the hype train (though in fairness, it has been a while since EA has released content that is 100% up my alley. You bet your butts I would be hype-city if EA released a dystopian cyberpunk pack or something) but even disregarding that I find it difficult to get myself excited about anything related to TS4 because content is released so frequently it has become less of a novelty.

Then there's the fact it seems to just sneak out at random like one of those silent farts.

"Oh there's another new pack listed on Origin that I hadn't heard anything about at all because EA couldn't be bothered to market it in the slightest. Didn't the last one only just come out a few weeks ago? Meh." - pretty much how I feel. I don't think there is anything wrong with the content, I'm just not interested and IMO EA are not giving me a reason to BE interested.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    lyra wrote: »
    I think their lack of communication is an attempt to prevent a situation like the one we had before TS4 came out, as they promised all life stages and then had to go back on what they said. The negative PR from the missing features was so strong that they're going out of their way to announce only certain content. That, or they work up to the deadline on DLC. I think it's a misstep though, more vocal developers often leads to a happier and more involved community.

Sometimes it feels that the developers and the players are on opposite sides, so to speak. Since fans are the most valuable resource any game has, it would make sense to communicate with them, to ask for feedback, and to really listen to what they say. And before someone challenges my assumption and wants to say that other resources are more important, think about this. Without fans, there would be no game.

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nothing has been a big excitement for me for some time. Maxis has made it a habit to remove features with patches and offer packs I've really had no interest in, despite a small handful. Knowing this, it's hard to get excited about anything. Plus, They keep adding new features without following through on them, like family trees and ghosts being destroyed by culling and phone calls happening with no rhyme or reason when the same sim you're already talking to is texting/calling you at the same time. It just makes it hard to have any excitement at all.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @kremesch73 147% AGREED! I have been struggling to even like this game ever since they removed the original memory system for a system that not only took away our choice to choose their emotions for the memories (being forced to the memory at the time or nothing at all) but they decided to shove both screenshots, memories, and photos you take from the photography in one folder so everything is jumbled up and not even in order when before memories were separate from screenshots so even when you deleted the screenshots the memories were still there. This was a feature removed from a patch that was so unnecessary I feel as a storyteller cannot fulfill my game play!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @kremesch73 147% AGREED! I have been struggling to even like this game ever since they removed the original memory system for a system that not only took away our choice to choose their emotions for the memories (being forced to the memory at the time or nothing at all) but they decided to shove both screenshots, memories, and photos you take from the photography in one folder so everything is jumbled up and not even in order when before memories were separate from screenshots so even when you deleted the screenshots the memories were still there. This was a feature removed from a patch that was so unnecessary I feel as a storyteller cannot fulfill my game play!

This... I loath this 'improved' feature.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Tbh, there are a lot of features they introduced/removed/changed since December 2014 that have made me increasingly unhappy with the game. I'm actually surprised I hung on for as long as I did.
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Tbh, there are a lot of features they introduced/removed/changed since December 2014 that have made me increasingly unhappy with the game. I'm actually surprised I hung on for as long as I did.

No..no noooo don't make me talk about nerfed alien abductions/pregnancies... don't do it. It'll get ugly.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    kremesch73 wrote: »

No..no noooo don't make me talk about nerfed alien abductions/pregnancies... don't do it. It'll get ugly.

Heh... So many nerfs... >:)
    It all started with nefing Never Weary... *flips back through "Salty Reminiscing About TS4"* That was the first big clue that things were about to get messy. ;)

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited February 2016
    Honestly, I've lost interest too. It's not my fault they are being so vague with the announcements.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    The community is one of the biggest issues. People are taking every word the gurus say or do as a hint and then they hype everyone else up and ultimately themselves up for disappointment. Remember the mass speculation about pets because the GT electronic booth had a dog icon come up for a song or the time when a sim guru was talking about a sports team. People keep trying to find a hidden meaning in everything.

I don't think it's the community itself. What you're describing sounds like a result of the lack of communication. People are grasping at straws to find out about future content because many simmers are used to knowing what's coming up ahead of time. But the reality is we're not getting any info of new content until a week/two weeks or a few months before it's released.

Id imagine people would expect it. It's been this was for years. But then again, some never learn.

It's never been this way. In TS3, a live broadcast revealed the last THREE EPS and the last SP. We also had previews for upcoming expansions on the Sims 2 case.

It's never been this bad before. I've given up hope because for the last two months we've only gotten forgettable SPs. I didn't buy RGS because it didn't excite me at all.
    edited February 2016
    It all started with nefing Never Weary... *flips back through "Salty Reminiscing About TS4"* That was the first big clue that things were about to get messy. ;)

Yeah. I should've stuck to my guns then. I believe it was the same one that altered the jobs in a way I didn't like and broke the bars as well. The bars were the big killer for me back then and it took them over a month to fix. I could be wrong about them being the same patch, but I'm almost certain they were very close together. Either way, that was when I gave up on the game for almost 3 months, but I never removed it from my system.

This time, I removed it. I just got tired of being disappointed and don't want to play *that* game anymore. It makes it real hard to get excited when I'm constantly wondering what's going to disappoint me instead.

The real shame is this game does have some strong points, but the weak ones overpower it too much and I don't see that changing at all.
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    The worst nerf ever was asking the players for input before nerfing something.
    The worst nerf ever was asking the players for input before nerfing something.

LOL. That's too funny.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    After Romantic Garden, I can't feel excited about anything regarding Sims 4 anymore.

It's sad, I keep buying the stuff packs like it's going to convince me to want to play, but the last time I booted up the game was for the spooky stuff release. I don't know why I keep spending the money, but I am sure EA is happy I am, even if I'm not playing the game. (I know I don't have to buy them, but I've been buying Sims stuff for so long now I feel like I am almost obligated to buy almost anything that comes up (have passed on a handful of things but that's it). The point to all this though, is regardless of money spent, I'm actually not excited about the game in the least.

The movie stuff pack is where it's at. That's hands down the best one in terms of adding things for your sims to do for $10. Movie theaters, watching movies with a group and even cuddle while watching a movie.

Yeah i really like the movie hangout for the new movies but I hope we can get actual cinemas in the next expansion pack.

I still like Romantic Garden Stuff better cause of the garden stuff,2 new gameplay objects and and better looking wedding lots.
  • LizMarie1085LizMarie1085 Posts: 436 Member
    Back in ts2 days I would stalk the site bc I was so excited for the new EP and watching vlogger sneak peaks etc. now they're so far and few inbetween it's ehh. But I still enjoy the game
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I just can't believe also that it's been nearly a year and a half (next week!) and we only just got our second EP 3 months ago, and that it's possible it will be another 3-4 months until we get another one. Is it just me or does that just seem like a long time between? I mean, to me Stuff Packs now equal what the Sims 3 store was, and GP now equal either a store world or what Sims 3 stuff packs were, but EPS are still EPS.

Didn't we have like 3 EPS by this point alone for Sims 3? That's only one less sure but we're talking another few months before another EP. This stretched out release schedule isn't helping matters. Does EA know what they're doing with the Sims series anymore?

I am just wondering the same thing! I feel that maybe sims 4 will be the last installment to the franchise the way we know it. Maybe it is going to be only a mobile app in the future.... This whole situation feels sad :(
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I lost some my excitement shortly after release of the game upon playing it. My husband rarely plays it but does buy everything that comes out for it (Sometimes in Sims 3 it was hard to get him to stop playing).. After first few packs I lost all excitement for Sims 4 packs. I eventually stop visiting this site but for a now and then. I have come in and scan the general discussions and left. The only reason I knew something was released because my husband would tell me.. I am not that fond of guessing games that has become EA/Maxis new tactic with information. They really haven't given anything in the whole game that has excited me or spurred me to get excited about coming things. When my husband buys me their latest thing.. I go and look.. and I say to myself the same non matching, lack luster stuff.. So it is a combination of lack of news and the turned out product that has made my excitement for Sims 4 ... zilch.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It is worr
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    As someone who works in Advertising, this is a truly horrible strategy. NOTHING should be announced one week before it's released, no matter how small.

Like..hire me, EA!!

I agree!
    I don't understand why they don't release information about the stuff packs like they did with the sims 3 and the sims 3 store.
    Are they scared to give out information about the packs?
    I'm just fed up waiting to find out about the packs!
    The lack of news about game pack three and then expansion pack three are making me loose interests.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon