Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    #38 - Habitat for Humanity

You regard your appointment with satisfaction and eagerness. The Olsens were coming with the promise of a challenge.

It was always fun to see the Olsens. Don's cheerfully relaxed demeanour and Judy's energetic and equally cheerful self usually guarantee a good day.

Shortly, Rose ushers the couple in, carrying a tray of drinks and snacks.

You are greeted with happy hugs, marred slightly by a cast on Don's arm.

"What happened?" You exclaim as they sit down.

Judy rolls her eyes and says "he fell off a ladder while helping to put windows in." Her tone is that loving wifely exasperation.

"Windows?" you ask curiously, leaning back in your chair.

"Yes. We are both involved in habitat for humanity." Don explains. "We were building a small house for a family who lost their home in a flood. They didn't have money for insurance so they lost everything."

"That's horrible. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Not with that house." Judy says with a smile. "The house is done and the family is settled in."

"Is there another house you need my help with?"

"Absolutely." Don hands you a flyer. "My club is hosting a charity auction. We want a talented architect to donate their time and build a luxury home. The house will then be auctioned off for charity. The starting price will be twice the cost of the materials, to pay for the materials and still have a donation."

You nod, already willing to donate your time. "It says its for a themed luxury house. What does that mean?"

Judy beams, "The house has to have a theme. Like coastal or circus or candyland or a sports team. Luxury means all the fancy touches that will appeal to the upperclass. Needs to have at least 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. Garage for at least 2 cars. Landscaping as well. You know, the usual. Oh and the outdoors need to be as luxe as the indoors."

"Think you might be interested?" Don asks.

"Indeed! This will be fun," you say, excited by the prospect already. "Is the timeframe the same as usual?"

"If you can swing it," Don says amiably.

"Shouldnt be a problem. Any requests for a budget?"

"The club's put together loan of 100k for materials."

"Great. Can I sign your cast?"

They both laugh.

Requirements:

4 bedrooms

3.5 bathrooms

2 car garage

Luxury build

Luxury landscaping

100k budget

Sim Challenge: Make Don and Judy, Don's Aspiration is perfectionist and Judy is active, the rest as they say, is up to you.

Room Challenge: Create a luxury two car garage in any theme of your choice. The budget for this is 12,500.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 38 Habitat for Humanity
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS38

The Deadline for this challenge is 2nd March 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @steskens the total budget for this build is 100k. This must include the lot cost plus the Gallery price :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    Happy Birthday!!! @steskens
    steskens wrote: »
    @steskens the total budget for this build is 100k. This must include the lot cost plus the Gallery price :)

Okay thank you! Cant wait to start tomorrow, because tonight were gonna celebrate my birthday! :smiley:

Wishing you a very happy birthday @steskens :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    I'm a little confused, how are you meant to build a two car garage when the foundations get added to every building on the lot, hence making it impossible to have a foundation on your build? :(
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Happy birthday @steskens :) yesterday was mine and my Husband's birthday and today is also a friend of our birthday! All the best people are born in Feb :D

This challenge looks great! I'll have to get started on it early next week!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Happy Birthday to @steskens and @lisa17ann !!!
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Oh @Steskens Happy Birthday to you too!!!!!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

Oh weird so that's 4 people including me that I know is born Feb 18th lol sorry off topic lol

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I'm a little confused, how are you meant to build a two car garage when the foundations get added to every building on the lot, hence making it impossible to have a foundation on your build? :(

You do not need to have a foundation on your build. You can lower the foundation all of the way to make the house flat on the ground.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member

You could make it look like its on the ground by using a different foundation siding.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Well, the house I built went WAY over budget before I finished half of the decor. I'll need to start it again, lol
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Does the theme have to be one that was mentioned in brief or can I choose my own theme? Like contemporary/modern or Victorian?
    Does the theme have to be one that was mentioned in brief or can I choose my own theme? Like contemporary/modern or Victorian?

@TwtyBrd0707 you can choose whatever theme you like, the choice is yours :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    I don't want to sound like a nag, but has the results for expert div, for #36, been posted yet :)
    I don't want to sound like a nag, but has the results for expert div, for #36, been posted yet :)

Please bear with us @Issabella14 we're working on these :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #37 - The Play is the Thing

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Please bear with us @Issabella14 we're working on these :)

Thanks for the reply @BuildnShare :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 38 Habitat for Humanity
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Xenon
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 97,988
    TOTAL COST: 99,988
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/SiuKU
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose a futuristic theme for this build with ultra modern interiors and luxury throughout.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7BA4A1F1DF1F11E58A5628DE7862265B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

GTjohzq.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Challenge #38 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #39 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2016
    #39 - Alien Encounters

“Plum storm..” you mutter to yourself, “Why did it have to get so dark so quickly…?” You glower up at the heavy thunderclouds obscuring the evening sun before hurrying off towards your car. An abrupt beam of white light surrounding you stops you in your tracks. “What the..?” Whatever word you were about to say is cut off as the white light becomes blinding.

When your eyes clear, you realize that you aren’t outside anymore. Instead you’re standing in a new room, with soft music playing from somewhere. Sitting on a kind of couch that looks like it was lifted from a pub, is a blue skinned man. For a few moments you just stare at him, absently taking in details like the Star Wars-esque spacer’s outfit, the blaster on his hip and the rapier on the couch next to him.

“Sorry about the abrupt pick up, but I’d rather keep this just between us.” He says, flashing a mischievous smile. “You okay?”

You close your eyes for a few moments, reminding yourself that you’ve dealt with equally weird things. A crime boss. Santa and his wife. An entire village of fairy tale characters. You take a deep breath and put on your professional smile, “Honestly? I could use a drink.” He laughs.

A few minutes later you’re ensconced on the couch with a glass full of some rich alien liquor in your hand. He has one as well and waits until you’ve had a drink of it before he speaks. “My name is Donnell Indigo, and I’ve heard that you’re the best in the area when it comes to satisfying…custom requirements.”

Cautiously you nod, “When it comes to building and interior design, there’s a lot I can do. Are you looking for a landing pad for your ah, space ship?”

“Sort of.” He crosses his legs, sipping his drink with appreciation. “I’m the kind of guy who is very much in demand you might say, and not always by people I’d like to spend time with. I need a place to lie low. This seems like a quiet place and its so far out in Wild Space, its unlikely I’ll have to worry about anyone bothering me about picky little details.”

Unable to resist, you ask, “What kind of picky details?”

“Oh, small things. You know, comforting lonely women who forget to tell me they’re married, unexpected loans of personal property…little things that really aren’t all that important. Still, people get worked up by those kind of things.”

‘Great. A space pirate,‘ You think to yourself. “I understand where that could be complicated.”

“Exactly. And sometimes a guy just needs a little down time. Think you can help me out? I pay well.”

“Depends on what you’re looking for in a house,” you say cautiously. “I make it a point to avoid bothering people with those…picky little details you mentioned.”

“Don’t worry,” he says, raking the fingers of one hand through navy blue hair, “I’m looking for a place to live when I’m here. A bachelor’s pad. Something that’s comfortable with or without female company. But I want it to blend in. I don’t want something that’s going to stand out like a neon sign. I’d like comfortable, loungy furniture. A big masterpiece of a master bedroom and an equally luxurious master bath. I need a secure room in which to store my…souvenirs. And quick, discreet routes out of the house if someone does come snooping around.”

“Sounds doable. How much do I have to work with to make this haven of safety and romance come about?”

Donnell gets up. He comes back with a spaceage briefcase and the decanter of liquor. After topping up your glass, and his own, he opens the briefcase and shows it to you. “Go ahead and count it.”

You nod once you’ve finished counting it, “I can do a lot with this. How will I contact you when I’m done?”

“I’ll check back in with you when I get back in system.”

“Sounds good.”

He smiles over the rim of his glass, trouble clearly being planned in his gaze. “Sounds very good.”

Requirements:

Bachelor pad with loungy furniture

Luxurious master bedroom and bathroom

Camouflaged in some way or other

Treasure Room

Hidden escape routes

Budget: 75,000

Sim Challenge: Create Donnell Indigo, give him The Curator aspiration, the rest is your choice.

Room Challenge: Design the secure Treasure Room to store Donnell's 'souvenirs'. The budget for this room is 15,000.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 39 Alien Encounters
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS39

The deadline for this challenge is 16th March 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Interesting #39 :smile:
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I am not entirely sure what is meant by "loungy", @BuildnShare . Casual and comfortable?
    @BuildnShare is there a lot size or can we pick?

StSciurus wrote: »
    I am not entirely sure what is meant by "loungy", @BuildnShare . Casual and comfortable?
    Casual and comfortable sounds good @StSciurus :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top