Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    If not today, I think @Simgurudrake would have said by now. I hope she doesn't pop in soon xD

Or I could have been in meetings until now :) As for the answer no one wants to hear:
    tumblr_ndn5f88TLg1ti1hreo1_500.gif
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This must be some kind of awesome pack for them to keep quiet this long.

This pack was over 7 months in development, it WILL be awesome.

How do you know it's been in development that long?

So...no one can actually tell me how they know it's been in development for 7 months? ?

GP3 has been explicitely mentionned in October :

But SimGuruSarah was working on future Game Packs even before, like she mentionned here in August.

So if people are saying GPs take 7 months and the tweet didn't mention when work started on GP 3 I guess that could mean no release for up to two months.....right?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Welp, there you have it folks... :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    The strange thing about the word soon is that it literally means in the future but has no specific time frame.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    If not today, I think @Simgurudrake would have said by now. I hope she doesn't pop in soon xD

Or I could have been in meetings until now :) As for the answer no one wants to hear:

No for today? Or no for this whole week?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

*Dislikes*
  • US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    I hope it'll be as deep as The Sims 2. The Sims 4 businesses were shallow.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

Still the GIF queen
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

No for the whole week? :)

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

I can confirm that we will not be making an announcement this week.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

Thank You for letting us know!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

:(
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

So...no one can actually tell me how they know it's been in development for 7 months? ?

But SimGuruSarah was working on future Game Packs even before, like she mentionned here in August.

So if people are saying GPs take 7 months and the tweet didn't mention when work started on GP 3 I guess that could mean no release for up to two months.....right?

No, the 7 months come from the fact Spa Day was released 7 months ago, and there's no evidence SimGuruSarah stopped working on GPs between Spa Day release and her GP3 tweet, so people assume it was this one all along. But perhaps she had a couple of GPs in the baking back in August.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »
    BBIJD11Wa8snu.gif
    KEtgWlYYoN6Ni.gif
    vSTjdTgkZUJSE.gif
    If it is and if they add a new trait I hope vegetarian comes back!

Awesome show! Love it. I will so make them when it's time. :lol:
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Welp, I was hoping the forums would be livelier with discussion as I have the week off of work.

Maybe I'll actually get around to reading that copy of LOTR that I finally bought.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Welp, I was hoping the forums would be livelier with discussion as I have the week off of work.

Maybe I'll actually get around to reading that copy of LOTR that I finally bought.

It could get livelier cause there's no announcement or it can pretty much down spiral because of the same reason.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

Can you say the same for next week? this would save us a lot of time....
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    oh, boo. :(
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Another week!? What the heck :(
    Another week!? What the heck :(

Maybe not even that. I'm thinking the second week of March.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Aaaaand, I'm sad. Thanks Maxis.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
    Me after reading @SimGuruDrake 's comment
    Cb7EJ2fW0AIW7Wt.jpg:large
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

No, the 7 months come from the fact Spa Day was released 7 months ago, and there's no evidence SimGuruSarah stopped working on GPs between Spa Day release and her GP3 tweet, so people assume it was this one all along. But perhaps she had a couple of GPs in the baking back in August.

So then you don't actually know how long it takes ....... it's more speculation. I mean has anyone on the team ever come right out and said a GP takes X amount of time?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

So then you don't actually know how long it takes ....... it's more speculation. I mean has anyone on the team ever come right out and said a GP takes X amount of time?

Actually just after Outdoor retreat released SGSarah said they take about the same time as EPs :) Too long ago to find the tweet though!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Oi, reading these threads are driving me insane. Are we getting something? Will it be what people are saying? 0_o Wheres the Therapist when you need him?

We ll know tomorrow.

Please don't spread false information, you don't know that for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top