Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Are The Twenty Sims?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
I know I have mentioned this before here but there is a problem in my game since around Dec or before with a patch. No matter how many new games I start there are never Twenty Sims around anywhere (no mods, no cc) in my game anymore.

For instance (had to put this in a different thread from fix the sit together thread)...only four Sims were in a bar in my game in WB at 11:00 P.M. Two Sims ( a left over alien from Wed. night's Alien night) another guy, my Sim and the bartender. So, I scroll out to find out where are the other sixteen Sims? No where to be found.

I thought Graham promised we got closed world due to some people never had enough Sims in their game and with the designated Twenty the game would seem more lively> Not if they aren't anywhere to be found in WB.

So, I decide to investigate where are those twenty illusive Sims? I went to the Bluffs not a soul there. Isn't this game supposed to send Sims where my Sim goes? I went to the Ruins Not a soul there...No One, No Where. It doesn't matter where my Sims go we were promised if our Sim goes there the game will be more lively and there will be twenty Sims out and about the specific area. Well that isn't true at all.

This Isn't the first time in my game. But the game has stopped sending Sims to or near the building my Sim goes to for months now But Windenburg town is the very worst for that.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Twenty Sims max, not twenty Sims always. We were never told there would always be twenty Sims in a neighbourhood.

How long were you in the bar? I find they fill up gradually in general, then empty out gradually. What weeknight was it?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Twenty Sims max, not twenty Sims always. We were never told there would always be twenty Sims in a neighbourhood.

How long were you in the bar? I find they fill up gradually in general, then empty out gradually. What weeknight was it?

Until 1:00 A.M. Sorry to dispute you but the very reason we got closed worlds per Graham was so everyone's game could be full of Sims around and in the lots max of Twenty. What you say may have some credence but where are they when no one shows up at all and not even in the public spaces? that's what I'm talking about. More lively means twenty Sims or I might as well go back to older games where I will always have fifteen inside or more and a few walking by (for sure and never wonder where's everybody?).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Until 1:00 A.M. Sorry to dispute you but the very reason we got closed worlds per Graham was so everyone's game could be full of Sims around and in the lots max of Twenty. What you say may have some credence but where are they when no one shows up at all and not even in the public spaces? that's what I'm talking about. More lively means twenty Sims or I might as well go back to older games where I will always have fifteen inside or more and a few walking by (for sure and never wonder where's everybody?).

I understand the issue - I also feel that some of the neighbourhoods in Windenburg could be more filled with Sims. I was asking for detail and noting that the 20 is a maximum, we were told; we've never been told what to expect at any particular time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    It seems they have changed something as you and I had this discussion before but Windenburg is one of the quietest towns beside MP and Newcrest because they suffer the same problems. It seems when they add a new world they don't get the same coding to force Sims to places like they did in WC in the beginning. Even Oasis town has the same problem with not many Sims out in the one picnic area there. It seems they only town that actually lives up to this claim (but not all the time) is WC.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    The number of Sims depends on the venue, the neigborhood, the time of the day and the day of the week.

The Bluffs or the WB island has no passer-by for example, that's by design.
    edited February 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    The number of Sims depends on the venue, the neigborhood, the time of the day and the day of the week.

The Bluffs or the WB island has no passer-by for example, that's by design.

I get that but my Sim got a call to go somewhere but I declined and then decided maybe that's where everyone is (can't remember if bluffs or ruins) and no it was not. They never said in the beginning Time of Day, Venue or anything else would be a factor. IF they did, then link please. Because I remember them saying this game would be more lively and said nothing about Time of Day or Venue.

ETA: With that said they can't have it both ways (well they can but you know) TS3 style of Type of Venue and Time of Day or Twenty Sims for more lively closed hoods....which way is it?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't think they have to tell us all the details of how it works under the hood. And they didn't say we would have 20 Sims everywhere, at all time, no matter what or something like that. So I don't see where your problem is exactly.
    Neia wrote: »
    I don't think they have to tell us all the nitty gritty of how it works under the hood. And they didn't say we would have 20 Sims everywhere, at all time, no matter what or something like that. So I don't see where your problem is exactly.

My problem is @Neia, since sometime last year no matter how many restarts/new games I begin..venues are not full, sometimes as low as just my Sim no matter of time of day. And that is not what was said and if you give me time I will get someone to link the actual words of the gurus and time of day and venue were not a factor.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Hmm I only have the base game, and rarely send my sims to C lots... Im currently revising s4 with 0 cc so I'll keep an eye out for this. Seems to me 3 people at a bar at 11-1am is very low even if they have made it so that time of day effects visitors. I have noticed less sims wandering around the public spaces and knocking on my sims doors, but probably still have ~6 at any given time either walking by, or fishing or wtv. (Really glad of that tbh, originally I'd have 10-20 sims in the public space, and it was mayhem) I'll report back tonight once I've had a chance to play.
    I wonder if some of what happens is performance adjustment depending on computer power. We'd have to collect a lot of different people's data to figure that out, though, unless they were to outright say so. They did tell us that the point at which Sims culling happens is partly performance driven, so...
    Well, if that is true then they are rating my pc low then if I don't have any Sims in WB or Newcrest or MP. But they have never said performance issues would cut down on how many Sims show up like it did for older games, what they promised was twenty Sims inside and out and we see that isn't true at all. This PC is four processors at 3.7 ghz and a R7 video card and 8 GBs of RAM I hardly think it's my machine especially when they said the game would not be controlled by that type code anymore but twenty Sims inside and out of a lot.
    edited February 2016
    Do you have very few Sims in your world overall, then? You haven't got most of the houses filled? (Just checking if I interpreted that right.)
    It doesn't matter Luthienrising, in an old save I have all the houses filled with all my Sims and suffered the same problem. I have started over about five times since then and filling all the house with my own Sims or adding Sims I think will be o.k. for neighbors in the townie pool. However, it really doesn't matter at this point as I said my games have suffered this since last year no matter which save I play or start a new game. But to be frank this is a new game but this has happened over and over even in a full Newcrest and full base game hoods.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Agreed, my game seems very dead a lot of the time. I understand places like the Bluffs won't be packed with Sims but being the only one there all day is boring. At least send a small handful there or something throughout the day! My nightclubs are boring too. Yay, a whole 5 Sims dancing the night away! I don't expect 20 Sims roaming around at all times but I expect more than 5 at my nightclubs on a Friday night.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited February 2016
    I haven't fully explored all the venues in WB so I decided to test this out. I sent my sim to the Hare and Hedgehog cafe. It was around 6:30 pm on a Tuesday. When my sim arrived the only sim on the lot was the barista. By 7 pm 6 other sims had arrived and I also saw 4 sims out walking. I'm going to send her to one of the bars next.

1_zpsb09npjgm.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I usually have anywhere from 6 to 15 other Sims on a lot with my Sims, unless it is between the hours of 3 am until around 10 am. Most NPC Sims in this game don't do the late nights, they're pretty much always tired if it's 11 pm or later, even if they are unemployed or work nights. Usually the number of Sims I see on lots hovers around 10, I have never gotten 20 except at parks occasionally. It may have something to do with how the game rates your PC. The computer that I share with my boyfriend has only 8 gb of RAM, so maybe the game doesn't think I have enough to handle 20 Sims on a lot at once. It could also be related to processor speed as well. I found that in Sims 3 most of the people who had trouble with lots always being empty usually were on laptops or had otherwise underpowered pcs, so maybe it's the same mechanic in play here. I've noticed that if I call two club gatherings simultaneously on one lot, if everyone from both clubs shows up then often times the bartender will leave and nobody will come to replace him. Two full clubs + my Sim equals about 15 Sims, so I guess the game doesn't think my computer can handle more than that at once. As soon as some of the club members leave for work or whatever, the bartender will return and sometimes one or two other Sims might come to the lot.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    Next stop was the Old Quarter Inn, a bar. There was a mixologist and several sims already there. Others were arriving and some were leaving but at that one point in time there were 15 sims on the lot.

Party_zpssrauxddm.png
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I feel the number of sims on a community has dropped for my game too. It was a noticeable drop and I do believe it occurred around the time that @Cinebar mentioned, late last year.

It could be the computer, it could have been an update, I don't know, but there was a decline. There are sims always arriving while I'm on a lot, but there are always sims leaving too. Will have to see if this still occurs when I get my new computer in a couple of weeks.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited February 2016
    Hmm mine seems to be ok on this new save using all the default lots and no cc. I wonder if it's an issue with custom made/edited lots? Or perhaps it's just that the game compensates for the increased processor requirements of having the metric plum ton of cc that I normally use?

11:30 am public area outside her house
    F9LVoBC.png
    2pm sunday public area outside her house
    tGRWWqS.png
    2:45 Library (immediately upon arrival. As she stayed later more sims were walking by, and using the bbq area usually around 15 sims at a time. They're eeeeverywhere! Lol...)
    9RDEHZU.png

UPDATE:
    Everyone, including the librarian left at 8:30pm.
    P5sCQUI.png

ETA: Another possible cause could be the age/save of the save you're playing as well, cuz this one is tiny in comparison to the ones I was noticing emptyhoods on.
    Post edited by esharpmajor on
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I think the max I'm getting is 11-12. Used to be close to 20.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    And finally, a dance bar at 1:45 am. Also in Windenburg.

There was a dj, mixologist, and 7 sims. Not as many as earlier but probably due to the late hour.

2_zpspgzpvkce.png
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I, too, think there are less Sims on a lot lately. I'm still getting a lot more than Cinebar, but about 5-6 less than I used to get. Right now usually around 12 Sims show up, with maybe 2 or 3 more outside walking around. This count includes NPCs though, like bartenders/baristas/DJs. I used to get several more Sims before Get Together came out.

Just took this last night at the Blue Velvet Bar in WC. This was about midnight on a Friday. There was also a ghost sleeping on a bench outside on the patio, and someone upstairs in the bathroom, for a total of 13 Sims on the lot including the bartender. I think there were 2 more Sims walking out in the public area. I have a pretty good computer, even if it is an older one: 2009 AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core 2.4 GHz with NVidia GTX 650Ti-2GB card and 8GB Ram. I'm still running Vista! But last year before GT I would always see more Sims than this on a lot and in the public spaces. Venues seem...quieter lately. :/ I'd like to see more Sims the way I remember. I think there did used to be around 20 all the time, but it's gone down a bit for me.
    02-22-16_10-15-48nbspPM_zpsyawbymvt.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2016
    Try inviting your pals to come to the same lot with your phone if you want a serious party. That should speed things up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    I have also noticed a drop in the amount of random Sims wandering around. Roughly around the time the culling of townie Sims in the game was announced. My empty houses don't even have Sims move in them on their own - I have to do it manually.
    Yes, there are times of the day where there is next to no one around for the few hours my Sim is there (the park is always empty during the twilight hours) but for a Friday night to have empty bars is plain ridiculous.
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
    Update: had some time to visit other lots and get a bit of an average going - never seen more than 15 at a time, and never more than 10 actually in venue. Seems like up to 10 in venue, up to 5 passers by is a fair average based on my base game, no cc experience.

15 is More than I was seeing in my modded game, which was more like 1-5 in venue, 1-3 passers by, but it occurred to me that is bc MC wouldn't allow the game to make more sims just for that purpose. I'll have to experiment with my full cc save with no MC when I get a chance.

My computer is a monster so it can't be specs, (I can run fallout 4 highest settings AND the sims at once without either game batting an eye.) but something is keeping that limit at 15 instead of 20. Maybe they added more of a buffer to allow you to invite more sims while you are there? Seems to me like the limit has been lowered.