Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pronteran Builder - Happy 2018! (UPDATED)

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks @RyeCris16 ! The dormers took a while to figure out, but I'm glad that it turned out great. Your Valentine's Day build is awesome as well! :)
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Wow, Valentine's With Tiffany is so beautiful and romantic! The landscaping is gorgeous and I love the colors you used! :blush:
    Thanks for commenting @vethesims :) The items in the stuff pack (as well as my gf) were really inspiring! :D
    Currently, I'm writing special tours of some of my builds in my story Undead With Benefits.

I was able to create a short tour of an old build of mine called Better Days Spa, which I use as one of the locations in my story. The tour is narrated by one of my hilarious characters. :) Hope you enjoy reading it HERE. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great that you are using your builds in your story and doing tours of them . :) It is a nice way of showcasing your builds and at the same time incorporate them into your writings. Better Days Spa is very nice! Each of the areas of the venue are very nice! It is great that it is also a hangout for a club as well. Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment there as well as enjoying relaxing massage or doing yoga on the mats. The venue is very nice :)
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    I really liked your spa, @pronterus ! The lay-out of the rooms was just great, especially the indoor pool and the massage area, which had such a nice amount of privacy. Sometimes, I find the in-game spas are too open, with only flimsy dividers between the massage rooms. Personally, I would much prefer the one you created. It gives such a nice sense of comfort and privacy without disrupting the overall flow of the rooms. I also thought your usage of the curtains throughout the spa gave the build a great feel of consistency and luxury, along with the simple, clean white walls. And the background story you provided was quite funny and clever. I have to admit, I chuckled thinking of ghosts and vampires doing yoga together.

As always, I find your builds so inspiring. You have such a talent for creating unique and inviting spaces, even if they're for vampires and ghosts only. ;) Thanks for posting the link to your tour. I hope you're doing well!
    I will repost here what I wrote about Better Days Spa on your old showcase thread.
    Better Days Spa is very nice! :) The brick texture of the exterior and the awnings on the front exterior look nice. The flower boxes in the front of the venue look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The sofa seat sitting area is very nice for sims to sit and relax there, having a chat. The type of and placement of the curtains in the venue looks so very nice! Very nice curtained massage table nooks! The scenic picture on the wall there looks restful Nice gym area for sims to enjoy watching tv whilst using the gym equipment to keep fit. Very nice pool and bar counter area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, and enjoy sitting poolside on the armchairs having a chat. The bar area is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there havjng a drink from the bar. The drinks display wall shelves are a nice touch there. Very nice yoga room for sims to enjoy doing yoga on the mats, together in a yoga class.
    The bulld is very nice! :)
    Thanks for the repost @rosemow :)

Thanks for dropping by @celticbard :) I got the idea of those massage rooms from a nearby spa where I live. Each massage area was divided by a tall half-wall and a curtain to give a sense of privacy, and the lights are dimmed down. (I almost forgot that the massage room had a rack to hang your clothes and belongings)

Putting humor into what I write seems to be my specialty because I also make people laugh in real life. :D

I might put my writing and building on hold for a bit because of a Nintendo 3DS game that I've been waiting for since last year; it'll be on sale later today :)
    Coo! I hope you enjoy your new game. And once again, great job with the build and the story. :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Valentine's With Tiffany is a very beautiful Victorian, really enhanced by all the landscaping and sculptures. Gorgeous interiors, love the shades of pink and red :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thanks for dropping by @masajo :)
    I downloaded the Sims 4 Tray Importer mod to help me get better pictures in the Gallery. I tested it with my lots with the lowest downloads first, and now people are downloading them because of better pictures :)
    pronterus wrote: »
    I downloaded the Sims 4 Tray Importer mod to help me get better pictures in the Gallery. I tested it with my lots with the lowest downloads first, and now people are downloading them because of better pictures :)

It is great that you are using the tray importer tool for the pictures of your build for the gallery! :) The tool will be very helpful for simmers when uploading their creations!
    I was motivated to complete this house today, and I used the importer tool to get good Gallery screenshots for it! This is what I call Modern Concept Oasis.

Xa0K9eH.png
    p5zHvAd.png
    aGOuOYS.png
    O88PWE4.png
    yZwmof0.png
    cM1WZEB.png
    HDKb2Z9.png
    Yay, another new house! All right, I'm going to ramble here, probably because I absolutely LOVE this build and there are so many brilliant aspects to it. You did an amazing job, pronterus. If I may ask, how long did it take you to complete it?

Anyway, both the interior and exterior are gorgeous. I keep going back to look at your screenshots and every time I do, I find another little accent or decor item that just blows my mind. While this is definitely a modern house, it fits in perfectly with the Oasis Springs setting. I think you did an excellent job combining both the modern and mission styles. I simply adore the protruding stone wall on the front of the house. What a great idea. And using the flowers to give it a little pop of color just draws the eye right to it. I also think the Victorian-style spandrels you used on the upper deck fit in wonderfully. You would think, of course, that Victorian and modern would not mesh, but they definitely do in this build! Speaking of decks, my jaw dropped when I saw the roof deck. Wow. The sitting area overlooking the fountain--just fantastic. And again, you added just the right amount of color with the rug, the blue sofa and the flowers lining the fountain. It's a fabulous oasis in the desert. I would love to be sitting there right now, reading a book and sipping a nice, cool white wine. It's just so inviting.

As for the interior of the house, I think you did a great job using neutral colors on the walls. It allows the furniture to stand out, but also reminds me of the desert setting. The slanted windows also look awesome. They match the slanted blinds and give the house a nice detail that's unique, but not odd. And the staircase with the clear railing. Amazing. It acts as an interesting and distinct divider between the kitchen and the living room.

All right, I'm going to stop rambling now, haha. As I said before, this is a stunning build, pronterus. I'm in awe of your work. I know you said you were going to take a break from building, so I will definitely be eagerly awaiting your return. Thanks for posting this amazing house! I hope you're having a good weekend and enjoying your new video game. :)
    Modern Concept Oasis is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The ledges coming out of the exterior look very nice! The spandrels on the upper balcony look very nice! The red plants on the exterior of the home give a very nice look to the build. The water fountain features look nice on the edges of the home. Very nice rooftop garden and fountain patio! The flowers and water fountains looks very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the sofa and armchairs in the sunshine looking out at the rooftop views. The patterned floor rug there looks nice. Very nice upper balcony for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ to eat outdoors in the outside air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. The books on the table and files under the table in the bedroom are great touches there. The dresser nook is great! Very nice open plan living, dining and kitchen. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the arnchair or sofa watching tv. It is nice that there is a dining table nook beside the staircase. The alternating coloured dining seats gives a nice look to the area. The corbel kitchen nook looks nice.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thanks for your wonderful comments @rosemow :)

Thanks @celticbard :) This house was originally going to be scrapped because it just started out as a weird-looking box, but when I added those luminous white walls, inspiration started flowing in. I think this house took me around a few days to build. I actually had no idea what I was going to build, so I just winged it and ended up with this.

I love using those Victorian spandrels; I use them in many of my tropical Asian builds. As for my favorite part of the house, it's the roofdeck garden. I built that part the other day, and it was when I was feeling a bit stressed from work, so I wanted to create a place to relax in. I didn't have many ideas for the interiors, so I went with my usual styles and used neutral colors so that I won't think of any more color combinations. I got the inspiration for the slanted blinds from an interior design magazine, and I wanted to replicate it. It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted to, but at least it worked here. Thanks for checking it out! :)
    I was able to finish my WIP this morning. :) I call it Modern Narrow. It was going to be a starter at first, but I went overboard haha!

BttVnOJ.png
    kebWSKx.png
    dOOniYx.png
    r7bEAJd.png
    FMt0pAM.png
    Modern Narrow is a very nice home! :) The exterior design and the layout of the home looks so very nice! The projecting structures on the sides of the home looks very nice! The flowers look pretty along the front edges of the home. The roofing looks great! The different types of windows look nice how they are used in the home. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The windows study desk nook off from the bedroom is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer with sunshine coming in onto them. It looks great how you have separated off the bedroom and study areas using the spandrels and fencing . The plants are nice nature touches either sides of the bed, and the square panels on the bedhead wall give a great look to the area! Very nice staircase dining nook. The plants look very nice how they are placed on the ledges there! The sofa and armchairs sitting area is very nice! Sims will enjoy resting there watching tv. The patterned floor rug is a nice touch in the room. The brown, beige and white colour scheme of the build looks very nice!
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thanks for the comment @rosemow :)
    LOL, I thought you were going to take a break from building, pronterus? Just kidding, just kidding! I'm so happy you finished another WIP. I love seeing your builds. They're so lovely to look at and I just admire your talent so much. :)

As always, this was another awesome modern-style lot. I love how you used the 90 degree sculptures to accentuate the divide between the first and second floors. I've been trying to incorporate that sculpture into my own builds lately, but I haven't been able to really use it yet. And the brown and white colors throughout are gorgeous. You really have an eye for matching colors on the exteriors and interiors of your builds. Again, I see you went with softer colors inside, yet you always add just the right hint of bright color to catch the viewer’s attention, like that neon green statue in the living room.

I also really like what you did with the room dividers in the third and fourth pictures. Though I have to admit, I might be a little biased when it comes to dividers because I prefer being able to look through them into the other space. It sort of plays at open concept while keeping the rooms clearly defined. I especially enjoyed what you did with the planters in the fourth picture. The green adds a little color and matches the brown nicely and the divider itself is very unique and creative.

Of course, it should go without saying that I simply adore the entire outline of this house. The way you pulled in the middle floor is so clever. It’s a great look. I really think you’ve outdone yourself, my friend. So many houses (like mine, LOL) suffer from poor exterior shaping, you know, a box, sitting on top of another box. What you’ve done here, however, almost makes it look like the top layer is floating in mid-air. Very, very cool. And the balcony that wraps around the second floor is perfectly placed.

Again, I’m so glad to see that you are still working on builds, pronterus. Your houses just keep getting better and better. :) I look forward to seeing your next awesome creation! Hope you’re well!
    Thanks for the feedback @celticbard :) I was looking for a way to divide the narrow room on the second floor until I accidentally placed a column in the middle. Then the idea came to mind :D

I've been reading as much as I can about interior design lately, and I think it's paying off!

And now that my Gallery has reached 31k downloads and 300+ followers, I'm already working on my Thank-You build. :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Modern Concept Oasis is very fantastic! :smiley:
    I already commented some of he details from your WIP on my thread, now onto the rest! :) The pool at the balcony is very cool! It's awesome that you added a columns and exterior trims on that stone pillar thing. Very pretty balcony landscaping too! It would be very lucky for Sims if they live there! The interior is very gorgeous! Love the soft color scheme you chose!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Modern Narrow is very awesome! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, simple but looking fabulous! Love those structures on each sides! Very nice earthy colors too! Your landscaping is very pretty! Love the garden out front and very pretty mixing of different fences too! The outdoor lights add a nice touch! And your interior, so sleek! Love how you stuck with black & white color scheme! The plant shelves are very cool too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thanks for the awesome comments @RyeCris16 :)