Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's sad

I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Why would it upset you if other people don't like Sims 4?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(

I love love love it.
  • Options
    ropodogropodog Posts: 210 Member
    edited February 2016
    I had very mixed feeling about 4 when it first came out. I am a long time sims player ( Since 1 ) and 4 was just really off putting to me at first. The more I have played it the more I like it though! I am hoping that with each EP and GP it will get better and better. There are many things I miss about other sims game though that are lacking in sims 4, but only time will tell, and maybe this will be the best Sims game yet!! :)
    TunnelSnakesRule_400x400.jpg

Origin Id On Gallery ropodog

MY YOUTUBE

MY TUMBLER
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Time will tell.

It does have some serious issues though.

The main one for me is only having one lot active - this causes serious gameplay issues when choosing which Sim you want to control.

I'm fed up of having to choose which Sim to develop because I can only do certain things on certain lots.

I have a Sim who is in the bodybuilder career - he can mentor Sims at the gym; HOWEVER, he has a girlfriend and 2 children who I also want to control and skill up - I can't do both.

This is the problem with them adding more stuff via EPs and GPs - you will have to choose what you can and can't do for each Sim - travel with one Sim and not control the others or not travel and lose out whilst controlling others.

I didn't have this problem with TS3.

Yes but with the lag factor TS4 has much less lag and livelier community lots.
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    A lot are upset that Toddlers weren't added I dont see why though because they weren't added until generations which was like a year or two I believe, sorry cant remember. Then theres cars and also Cast and Open world. However as for it being a flop i cant say but if it was they most likely wouldn't be making more content for it. As long as they keep doing that its a good sign. People just dont give them time imo.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Just because people criticize something doesn't mean they hate it. Sometimes the underlying fact is that they want to improve it. I said this before, but typically the persistent critics are the biggest fans. The simmer community has always voiced their opinions with feedback on things since Sims 1-- some positive, some negative. No need to be sad. As for this iteration, a lot of the negative backlash from the community has gotten us some freebies in our patches. A lot of it is improving the game in a way.
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    A lot are upset that Toddlers weren't added I dont see why though because they weren't added until generations which was like a year or two I believe, sorry cant remember. Then theres cars and also Cast and Open world. However as for it being a flop i cant say but if it was they most likely wouldn't be making more content for it. As long as they keep doing that its a good sign. People just dont give them time imo.

TS3 had toddlers from the beginning.

o your right cat I have no idea what I was thinking. Its been a really long day
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    I dislike TS4, but I don't think that my personal dislike makes it a flop. The sales numbers will decide that.

But when I read that there's a survey question in the game now, asking if players would recommend TS4, and seeing all the TS4 stuff that's on sale on Origin, then I'm inclined to believe that the numbers might not be working in EA's favor. But that's my opinion, not a fact.

I'm glad that there are players who enjoy TS4, and I would like to be one of them. You just can't force yourself to like something when you don't.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I'm pretty neutral about Sims 4. I play it, but I'm not in love with it. This version has more issues for me than any previous one I've played.

Either way, I don't understand why you're so upset by others' opinions? You shouldn't care what others think. What's really important is that you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    TS4 isn't a flop, numbers prove that. But some people are disappointed, and the same happened to early TS3 too. No matter how hard you try to please there will always be an opposing party.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    No, Sims 4 is not a flop but it is no juggernaut.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    TS4 isn't a flop, numbers prove that. But some people are disappointed, and the same happened to early TS3 too. No matter how hard you try to please there will always be an opposing party.

What numbers? Do we actually have official sales numbers now?

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited February 2016
    Never mind how someone else feels about the game. It shouldn't stop you from enjoying it yourself if you truly do enjoy it. If it required multiplayer to play and that prevented you from playing then I can see the logic in that.. Thankfully, this is not a multiplayer game.

I think you're choosing to only see the negative because there are plenty of people that like TS4.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    plopppo wrote: »
    Time will tell.

It does have some serious issues though.

The main one for me is only having one lot active - this causes serious gameplay issues when choosing which Sim you want to control.

I'm fed up of having to choose which Sim to develop because I can only do certain things on certain lots.

I have a Sim who is in the bodybuilder career - he can mentor Sims at the gym; HOWEVER, he has a girlfriend and 2 children who I also want to control and skill up - I can't do both.

This is the problem with them adding more stuff via EPs and GPs - you will have to choose what you can and can't do for each Sim - travel with one Sim and not control the others or not travel and lose out whilst controlling others.

I didn't have this problem with TS3.

Yes but with the lag factor TS4 has much less lag and livelier community lots.
    There is much more to a game than lag and livelier community lots, there is no real features in the game to keep some players attracted and items is not a way for me to keep me playing for long periods of time.

I agree.

But for someone who hasn't played for 5 months up until recently, (I.e Me) it has gotten better. Culling isn't so rampant. The group feature (I don't have GT, so I'm assuming this was a patch too) has really eased some issues I was having.

The stuff packs in the past were a joke (Kitchen, Luxury Party w/e HooHa SPs) but the Movie SP is pretty neat. It's well worth the $10. You can actually take your sims to the movies--- though I have a few discrepancies-- it is a neat feature that I always wanted in Sims 3.

What I'm seeing is, this game only gets decent if you're willing to pay $$$. Otherwise it can boring as hell--which IMO is very unfair to people who bought the base game at its AAA price at launch.

But for me it has gotten better or at least playable.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I like the game. But this is the 4th time around and it gets old waiting for the stuff that makes it really fun to come out. Like seasons, vacation, city, pets, dare I say, generational/family play. I don't know. I want something to excite me and make my sims have new fun adventures.

A new roller coaster theme park building game comes out next month. I may buy that instead of the next GP.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There were people that hated (and still do hate) Sims 3 and Sims 2 as well and they held on. I still see people saying the first one was the best. I'm like a lot of people. I like 4 but I don't love it for reasons that are written all over these forums. I enjoy it but I truly believe it will not live up to it's predecessors and I'm worried the Sims 5 will be an I-Phone app. So, focused discontent but overall liking it well enough. Which is what I responded to the survey someone mentioned above and only recommending it with reservations and cautions depending on the person asking's play style due to the limitations of the "game engine". Try not to let it bother you.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »

Excuse me, did I miss something? Where is this pure hatred that you're talking about? Sure, there's lots of disappointment in the way The Sims 4 turned out, but, with the exception of a handful of players, I really haven't seen any pure hatred of the Sims 4.

I've seen fans feel disappointed because they feel that they were promised a great game, and yet when it came down to it, they didn't get what they expected. What they got was a game that lacked many things in the beginning; things that were in the base games of the other 3 iterations such as pools and ghosts, not to mention a life stage that a lot of people had come to expect to see in the game and loved playing.

What I've seen is people who have decided not to invest any more money in this game and go back to playing the previous iterations like Sims 2 and Sims 3, because those games do, at least, provide them with some of the content they want, *without having to pay for it again*. None of that amounts to "I hate The Sims 4", at least not to me.

I've also seen a lot of Sims 4 players put down the other iterations of this series and try to make out that these iterations are inferior and that the Sims 4 is far superior; and quite frankly, that takes some suspension of disbelief. In short, you're upset because people aren't praising the Sims 4 to the skies and declaring it The Best Game Evah.

Three words: Get Over It.

The game is still selling. Players are still looking for new content, and as others have already told you, it doesn't matter what other people think of this game as long as *you* like it.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I love Sims 4 and I'm going to go on loving it, but right now I am starting to itch for new content.
    I wouldn't worry about other people disliking this version, there have been a bunch of versions and it's not going to please everyone. It's selling and it will run it's course. If what others says bothers you you don't have to go into (or start those types of threads) just figure out who pushes your buttons and avoid threads they start.. you don't need to uphold the honor of Sims 4 it'll do just fine.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited February 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Why would it upset you if other people don't like Sims 4?

Same reason I was sad when all my favourite players switched over to TS2 and stopped creating stories, content, etc. for TS1 (then I bought TS2 and totally understood why no one ever looked back *lol*) And why I would be devastated if the TS2 community ended. The Sims community is part of the gameplay.

To the OP, I'm pretty sure there is a large community of fans for this iteration. I saw the first TS4 video that made me want to pay more attention to the TS4 community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9NGdpAOHM

and then the more amazing sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lveHjgqnS9I

The sequel is pure genius one of my favourite sims machinima to date.

So let me go hoooome :love:

Just try to stick to the positive threads and the sims 4 friendly communities like Sims VIP and you'll be able to enjoy your fandom with others. Odds are if I see you around you're not in TS4 friendly territory *lol*
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I wouldn't say that I hate the sims 4 either. But I will say that it is lacking. I don't believe the people who are disappointed hate the game. I think they have loved the game, in some cases, for a very long time and want to make it better. It is really not the great divide that you think it is.