Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Resource Users!

Is anyone else finding the site unbearably slow?

Comments

• Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes! I was actually trying to download some TS3 stuff earlier, and I just gave up after a while, because it was sooo slow. I don't always have that problem though, only once in a while.
    Post edited by SimmieSims on
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    Yes! I was actually trying to download some TS3 stuff earlier, and I just have up after a while, because it was sooo slow. I don't always have that problem though, only once in a while.

Ok so it's not just me? That's so weird. Are you a subscriber?
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited February 2016
    I find it unbearably bad. Why use a site that is full of ads, adware, and commercial CC. Subscriptions?! Seriously?

Have you not discovered the way of Tumblr?

Edit: that said, bless them for TSR Workshop :relaxed: That is some awesome software!
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I stopped using TSR after all of the ads gave me a virus. I have always found it slow.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    TSR is impossible for me to use without an adblock, the ridiculous amount of ads slows it to a crawl, and it's super annoying when I have several tabs open looking for multiple things. With that there's the 1 minute wait to download though, which doesn't count down unless you're on the tab, so I gave up on it and I stick to tumblr, MTS, etc.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    TSR was horribly, painfully slow before I became a VIP. I mean, the "10 second" wait... would take at the very least a minute to start my download. I got so frustrated with the slow times, I just pay the 3.50 now to be a VIP. Instant downloads are worth it, to me.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    TSR is impossible for me to use without an adblock, the ridiculous amount of ads slows it to a crawl, and it's super annoying when I have several tabs open looking for multiple things. With that there's the 1 minute wait to download though, which doesn't count down unless you're on the tab, so I gave up on it and I stick to tumblr, MTS, etc.
    Yup exactly I have to use an ad block to or its ridiculously slow because of the ads.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    Yes! I was actually trying to download some TS3 stuff earlier, and I just have up after a while, because it was sooo slow. I don't always have that problem though, only once in a while.

Ok so it's not just me? That's so weird. Are you a subscriber?

Yes, I've been a subscriber forever. I've noticed that it's also during certain times of day when the site is slower, so I usually try to download my CC earlier in the day. That doesn't always work, of course, as today. :'(

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    My firewall is constantly blocking malicious malware when I'm looking around on that site. It's so annoying, it must be coming from all those adds.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I tried going on there today for the fun of it for the first time in a year and I couldn't stand it. It's nothing more than 90% ads. I downloaded 2 pieces of cc (a crib and a re color) and it took almost a minute to start downloading after the ten seconds because of all the ads trying to load. And not only that, I had to have a full scan of my PC because I got a virus by just being on the site. They claim they put these ads because the website runs on ads and subs. But it being the largest sims cc site out there, they don't need more than 2-3 ads on a page. That website is complete trash.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Wow ok so I'm definitely not alone. Good to know. Don't think I'll be going through that site anymore.
  • Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    I have ad block because I just hate ads. So it takes a min to download anything from there and I really dont want to pay for there membership.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I refuse to download anything from there unless it's something I know I'll use all the time. The ads are killer.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Not a subscriber. The ad block made it take even longer to download which sucks. They still have an excellent selection of CC though so I struggle through it.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lol TSR is dumb
    I dont gonna go VIP just too download CC.
    The money could be funded for Caritas seriously WHAT THE FRICK.
    Seriously there are cc sites that dont need money like mysims4blog.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2016
    mysims4blog is not a cc site, it just points up things you can get on other sites, so you still have to go to those sites to download them.
  • Options
    kittybeebopkittybeebop Posts: 216 Member
    I don't mind waiting a minute or so at the end of the day the stuffs free so well worth it, I hate the ads too though, i haven't tried any other sites though