Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 super bundle on Mac??

Ewoks919Ewoks919 Posts: 11 New Member
Hii. So I just realized the sims 2 is on the Mac app store and i love the game so...I was just wondering is there any glitches with this game, more importantly major ones. Does the game work smoothly? BASICALLY, are there any negative stuff about it. I know there will be a few, but I'm asking more for major ones, and if it will wreck my mac?

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    The game runs stable. The only bugs it really has are the same ones the PC version has. There are certain build cheats that can cause issues in some instances that don't occur on PC, but that's about all I'm aware of.

We also don't have many of the Stuff Packs or Expansions beyond Bon Voyage. So, no Freetime, Apartment Life, and no Gardens and Mansions.CC and Mods all work as long as you're aware of what you're installing, For example, if you install mods for FT or AL, or if you download CC built off of objects from EPs or SPs you don't have, they will either be buggy or won't work altogether.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Ewoks919Ewoks919 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > The game runs stable. The only bugs it really has are the same ones the PC version has. There are certain build cheats that can cause issues in some instances that don't occur on PC, but that's about all I'm aware of.
    >
    > We also don't have many of the Stuff Packs or Expansions beyond Bon Voyage. So, no Freetime, Apartment Life, and no Gardens and Mansions.CC and Mods all work as long as you're aware of what you're installing, For example, if you install mods for FT or AL, or if you download CC built off of objects from EPs or SPs you don't have, they will either be buggy or won't work altogether.

Ok Thanks!(:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The game runs stable. The only bugs it really has are the same ones the PC version has. There are certain build cheats that can cause issues in some instances that don't occur on PC, but that's about all I'm aware of.

We also don't have many of the Stuff Packs or Expansions beyond Bon Voyage. So, no Freetime, Apartment Life, and no Gardens and Mansions.CC and Mods all work as long as you're aware of what you're installing, For example, if you install mods for FT or AL, or if you download CC built off of objects from EPs or SPs you don't have, they will either be buggy or won't work altogether.

The graphics look better though xD
    jackjack_k wrote: »

That might be because they enhanced it since it was available for pre-intel systems. Unlike PC users, we don't have to mess with our game files to get the graphics to work properly.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2016

That might be because they enhanced it since it was available for pre-intel systems. Unlike PC users, we don't have to mess with our game files to get the graphics to work properly.

Hahahah shadeee.

I want the 5k Mac just to play Sims 2 and 4 in 4k resolution :# Looks amazing since both support it because it's natively written for Mac.
    Hehe. Not really shady. Aspyr always just does good ports for the products they offer. They had to do some adjustments under the hood to make it run on modern systems so they could offer the bundle in the App Store.

Good business sense, really.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    My preference would have been the Mac version because of Aspyr, but I am running Sims 2 in a partition with Parallels instead because I wanted to run UC. It runs beautifully that way too, at least on my machine.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Hahahah shadeee.

I want the 5k Mac just to play Sims 2 and 4 in 4k resolution :# Looks amazing since both support it because it's natively written for Mac.

I can only imagine how loud the fans will be with the GPUs..
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    My preference would have been the Mac version because of Aspyr, but I am running Sims 2 in a partition with Parallels instead because I wanted to run UC. It runs beautifully that way too, at least on my machine.

I was wondering how well it would play with parallels. I use boot camp just because I can't give up FT or AL. If they offered all the rest to the Mac, I'd have no reason at all to boot up windows. I keep hoping. After all, they did finally release Castaway for the Mac, and that was never available for it before.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I was wondering how well it would play with parallels. I use boot camp just because I can't give up FT or AL. If they offered all the rest to the Mac, I'd have no reason at all to boot up windows. I keep hoping. After all, they did finally release Castaway for the Mac, and that was never available for it before.

I wouldn't use windows if it weren't for all the EP's and SP's either. Sims 2 is the only reason I have a partition. I play Sims 3&4 on my Mac natively. And Sims is the only game I play.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited February 2016
    Same here. I just have no use for Windows anymore. Other than the Sims 2, and I can't give that up :(
    Ok guys i need your help. So im playing sims 2 (WOW V GOOD GAME) and my sims just got divorced because she got caught cheating, and she just walked off the lot. Her icon didnt appear as my sim anymore. And when i try to call her she's unreachable because she apparently doesnt have a phone(Which she does because i remember buying her one). AND that sims is so important to my story line(IM doing a theme with three sims living as roomates) and yea so does anyone have an idea where she could be? I NEED HELP):
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > Same here. I just have no use for Windows anymore. Other than the Sims 2, and I can't give that up :(

could you please help me^
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > @kremesch73 wrote: »
    >
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > @kremesch73 wrote: »
    >
    > The game runs stable. The only bugs it really has are the same ones the PC version has. There are certain build cheats that can cause issues in some instances that don't occur on PC, but that's about all I'm aware of.
    >
    > We also don't have many of the Stuff Packs or Expansions beyond Bon Voyage. So, no Freetime, Apartment Life, and no Gardens and Mansions.CC and Mods all work as long as you're aware of what you're installing, For example, if you install mods for FT or AL, or if you download CC built off of objects from EPs or SPs you don't have, they will either be buggy or won't work altogether.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The graphics look better though xD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That might be because they enhanced it since it was available for pre-intel systems. Unlike PC users, we don't have to mess with our game files to get the graphics to work properly.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hahahah shadeee.
    >
    > I want the 5k Mac just to play Sims 2 and 4 in 4k resolution :# Looks amazing since both support it because it's natively written for Mac.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I can only imagine how loud the fans will be with the GPUs..

could you please help me?^^
    edited February 2016
    She is most likely in the bin. In the neighbourhood view, you should be able to find her there (in the families bin). There is an old bug/issue with the cell phone. Sometimes it gets 'eaten,' as some of us would say. Other times, it simply does not work unless they live on a lot with a landline.

Find her in the bin and move her into a lot. Make sure you add a landline to this lot. This should make other sims able to contact her.

Sims 1 is the only game I know of where a sim will disappear forever.
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > She is most likely in the bin. In the neighbourhood view, you should be able to find her there (in the families bin). There is an old bug/issue with the cell phone. Sometimes it gets 'eaten,' as some of us would say. Other times, it simply does not work unless they live on a lot with a landline.
    >
    > Find her in the bin and move her into a lot. Make sure you add a landline to this lot. This should make other sims able to contact her.
    >
    > Sims 1 is the only game I know of where a sim will disappear forever.

OK THANK YOU SO MUCH. hopefully i find her. :)
    If not, let me know. Second option would be to use the tombstone spawned from cheats. I'm really bad with wording, by the way. I would have to walk you through that one.
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > If not, let me know. Second option would be to use the tombstone spawned from cheats. I'm really bad with wording, by the way. I would have to walk you through that one.

No its good, i found her in the bin. Thank you soooooo much.
    edited February 2016
    Ewoks919 wrote: »
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > If not, let me know. Second option would be to use the tombstone spawned from cheats. I'm really bad with wording, by the way. I would have to walk you through that one.

No its good, i found her in the bin. Thank you soooooo much.

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you.
  • MikibabesMikibabes Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm currently running ios snow leopard and use the Aspyr disks to play. If I take the jump and update ti ios el capitan will the super collection available on the mac app store work?
    I'm scared to update the software and be left with no way of playing.
    edited February 2016
    Yep. Last I checked it was approximately $30 for The Sims 2 collection from The App Store for the newer systems not supporting Rosetta.

Sims 1 isn't available though. :(