Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    How beautiful! <3 I just heard the bell tower chimes in Windenburg Old Town area for the first time just now! I had just moved a new family into the Havisham House (that I revamped) and my Sim woke in the morning to eat breakfast. It was 8:00 a.m. and those chimes rang out over the town square. It completely took me by surprise and they sounded so pretty! Wow, what a nice touch. :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    How beautiful! <3 I just heard the bell tower chimes in Windenburg Old Town area for the first time just now! I had just moved a new family into the Havisham House (that I revamped) and my Sim woke in the morning to eat breakfast. It was 8:00 a.m. and those chimes rang out over the town square. It completely took me by surprise and they sounded so pretty! Wow, what a nice touch. :)
    I heard those for the first time yesterday too! My Sim had been to the pub in the square and was going home around midday :) What a nice touch!
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    If your sim tries for a baby then finds out she was unsuccessful through the pregnancy test it will cause her to be sad at the fact that it didn't work out. This is a good little feature to add some emotional depth to couples trying to fall pregnant.

I have never had a sim not get pregnant when trying to do so.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

The sound details make me so happy, like when a sim walks on different tiles like grass, stone, wood etc.

All of Spa Day sounds are very calming too.
    I get shocked whenever someone says they play without sound, its so beautiful.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I heard those for the first time yesterday too! My Sim had been to the pub in the square and was going home around midday :) What a nice touch!

I think they ring at 9, 12, 3 and 6 am/pm.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I didn't know Get Together came with a few Maxis Made lots in your library until I went to go place the Romantic Garden lot today. My favorite lot that came with windenburg is so beautiful <3

02-23-16_4-24-22nbspAM_zps0dgrewdw.png

02-23-16_4-25-08nbspAM_zpsxrehfufy.png

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/emilyhenry1/02-23-16_4-24-57nbspAM_zpsjwfvdcbk.png

I also didn't know if a sim doesn't like you they will refuse to join a group with you! My sim wished for romance and it backfired to have a lover who hates her, I went to add him to a group and it said "They don't like you enough to join your group"
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I didn't know that my boyfriend (Paolo) would actually start kissing me, not just the old mindless chatting or me having to kiss him. I should have, but I didn't.

And I didn't know that finally other people will stop you cooking and so on in their own homes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Love this! Finally seen my Child Cheat at Chess lol. Was playing with his Grandpa and pointed at the window when Grandpa looked at the window the little boy did it, and while Mom was watching lol.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    For failed pregnancy you need a angry sim, you take the other sim and tell them to woohoo they will refuse and get the embarrassed moodlet awkward conversation, now you can woohoo with a angry sim because embarrassed emotion is higher than anger, now if you try for baby and you get another embarrassed moodlet of poor performance or unsatisfactory woohoo, than have the sim go to do the pregnancy test and it will say you failed better look next time.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I have had a few failed pregnancy but never had to go to Sid's extreme, I just had a few of my needs in the yellow or red.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Failed pregnancies can happen even with sims that have high needs. It just happens randomly. If you keep trying then the sim will become pregnant.

A female sim that has the 'hates children' trait will be tense her entire pregnancy. lol As well as a male and female sim with the hates children will both be tense after 'trying for baby'
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • y34rn1ngy34rn1ng Posts: 67 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I love how when the sims exchange numbers they kiss their phones. It's so cute, lol. <3
  • ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WBKur9wrs
    After seeing this video, I tried to make my cow plant dancing but it never dance
    :/ I put radio beside it but it doesnt' dance
    Anyone knows how to?

I just seen this posted in another thread. I didn't know Cow plants can dance!!!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    ctroihd1 wrote: »
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WBKur9wrs
    After seeing this video, I tried to make my cow plant dancing but it never dance
    :/ I put radio beside it but it doesnt' dance
    Anyone knows how to?

I just seen this posted in another thread. I didn't know Cow plants can dance!!!

Yes they can. And it's so cute. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I found if I play the "Pop" music or music with a good beat is when they do it the best.
    You can put ice cream trays on the buffet table, although this only leaves room for 2 more items and the centrepiece.

724148633c.png

You can also place the drinks tray from Spa Day in the centre.
    Two drinks at once is so passé...

These are the days of two cupcakes at once:

2470e28c26.png
    If you are building a lot and one of the requirements is a bar, you could use any one of these items instead as they all fill the bar requirement:
    • Espresso bar
    • Buffet table
    • Luxe drinks tray
    • Fountain of Mirth
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This may have been shared a while back, but there is a cheat called "Set Head As.." and you can choose any object to set on your Sim's head.

02-19-16_10-21-18nbspPM_zpso6ekaiii.png
    aSE16f8.gif
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Did you know?

While things such as skills and jobs will carry over with your sims, their attachment to memories from other saves will not. Eg. You have a sim with a sad memory attached to a screenshot. If you save them to the gallery and move that sim to a new save, their attachment to that screenshot as a sad memory will be gone.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    If a sim announces their pregnancy to the father who hates children, the father will get a tense moodlet.
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
    Did you know?

While things such as skills and jobs will carry over with your sims, their attachment to memories from other saves will not. Eg. You have a sim with a sad memory attached to a screenshot. If you save them to the gallery and move that sim to a new save, their attachment to that screenshot as a sad memory will be gone.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Cuz I moved my sims to a new game and now I have to take screenshots of them in different moods (since I like to keep the memories different emotions for them to reminisce) and the new memory system is just a pain in the butt.

Table-Flip-Guy.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
    edited February 2016
    Sims can paint landscape painting. I am not sure if this added in Outdoor Retreat or in a patch but I just noticed it.

Sims can also brew Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea if they reach level 10 of the Wellness skill.

Also, I just found out that you can use computer desk chairs as dinner table chairs or for the card table/Don't Wake the Llama games.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    edited February 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    If you are building a lot and one of the requirements is a bar, you could use any one of these items instead as they all fill the bar requirement:
    • Espresso bar
    • Buffet table
    • Luxe drinks tray
    • Fountain of Mirth

Now that is handy. I wanted to give my neighborhood the customary church which would more be used as a community center, and figured lounge would be the best venue to designate it as. Buffet table would be perfect for that!

Feel free to browse my library for it, it's in my page with the same name as my forum handle as Redcliffs Community Center. I wanted to have the seating for the auditorium down in a well in order to have a stage, but the only place the sims could view the big screen was along the stairs I had placed up front opposite the piano. I miss stage flooring.
    So far the sims do enjoy hanging out there to socialize, which fits the theme of the place.
    Post edited by Samsonguy9000 on
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @HIstoricgal Of course! :)

I read this thread earlier and it confirmed the body selfie action being actually in the game for teens, and not just a staged action in the video. I never knew! It was a pleasant surprise :grin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top