Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories ever be re-released?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
The Sims 2 (The Sims 2 Super Collection) and The Sims Stories (The Sims 2 Stories) have been re-released on Mac but there's no news about the Windows releases. As of February 2016, no news about The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories on Windows have been announced.

The problem with the games being only on Mac is that most Simmers (at least outside the Mac forums) don't have a Mac and I would doubt any PC Simmer would purchase a Mac and create an Apple ID just to play The Sims 2 and/or The Sims Stories.

There's no way to obtain The Sims Stories as a download on Windows unless if you purchased the game from Origin before late 2012 which the games used to be on sale. After that date, The Sims Stories has been removed from Origin. The same also goes with The Sims 2 after July 2013 although some people have reported that contacting EA does allow them to get the UC which is the only way to get a download version of The Sims 2 on Windows.

While it's possible to get The Sims 2 UC, the only way to get The Sims Stories games on Windows is to purchase the DVD copies.

I really wonder if EA has any interest on re-releasing The Sims 2, The Sims Stories or even The Sims. I really don't think it's fair that the Mac users can purchase The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories but Windows users can't.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Aspyr recently released them all for the Mac. It would be nice if EA did the same and offered them on Origin. I had them with the original EA downloader a long time ago. It was basically money flushed down the toilet as I can no longer play them on PC since they switched to Origin. But I'm enjoying them on the Mac :p
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It's because Aspyr get money from The Sims games they worked on, and were actually a secondary developer for The Sims Stories series and various EP's/Stuff Packs. So they have the rights to it, and they are looking to make some extra dollars ;)

EA have no iteration of re-releasing old games.
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    I loved Riley's story, and oh how I hated Agora Tchotchke. I would like to see a new Stories Game, but since Sims 2 has lost EA-support and The Sims 3 has their spin-off (Medieval) maybe Sims 4 could bring it back?
    When will my reflection show?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif