Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited February 2016
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy but I'm a little confused on why are we getting restaurants for 20$ when we should've got them in Get to work ...

Because EPs has more or less the same budget. If restaurants were in Get to Work then one of the other major features would have been cut.

But the retail system was so underwhelming ... if they worked on it a little more we could've had functional restaurants & ones that we can run...
    Idk , if sims can hold hands while sitting in front of each-other on a table I'd be sold
    The cloud gazing interaction from outdoor retreat is one of the best in the game
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I hate to be that guy but I'm a little confused on why are we getting restaurants for 20$ when we should've got them in Get to work ...

Because EPs has more or less the same budget. If restaurants were in Get to Work then one of the other major features would have been cut.

But the retail system was so underwhelming ... if they worked on it a little more we could've had functional restaurants & ones that we can run...
    Idk , if sims can hold hands while sitting in front of each-other on a table I'm be sold

That's exactly the point. The retail system was already half-baked; trying to squeeze in restaurants would make that EP even worse.

There's no such thing as "work on it a little more;" it's all about the numbers and the budget. If the retail system was an EP on its own (similar to TS2: OFB) and had the budget of an EP all to itself then it would have been so much better.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member

Idk , if sims can hold hands while sitting in front of each-other on a table I'm be sold

That's exactly the point. The retail system was already half-baked; trying to squeeze in restaurants would make that EP even worse.

There's no such thing as "work on it a little more;" it's all about the numbers and the budget. If the retail system was an EP on its own (similar to TS2: OFB) and had the budget of an EP all to itself then it would have been so much better.

Thanks for the info . I feel enlighten
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

They had nothing to do with retail stores or going to work with your sims, that's probably why they weren't in GTW. If anything they should've been in GT since it focused on being with friends and going to restaurants is a big social interaction.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Budget and time.
    I seen a SimGuru say that it takes 6 months to make an EP?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Can you weigh in on this please? Can we expect an announcement this week? :)

If it s not coming this week I hope she won't say till Late Tomorrow . I atleast want hope today.
    edited February 2016
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Being February 22 at 2:22 PDT/PST I ask:
    We are less than 48 hours from Game Pack 3 announcement?
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Being February 22 at 2:22 PDT/PST I ask:
    We are less than 48 hours from Game Pack 3 announcement?

I think so
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    This would also be the biggest announcement since Aug 5, 2015 when Get Together was announced. It's crazy that we went through over 6 months without hearing about any new major additions to the game :smirk:
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    This would also be the biggest announcement since Aug 5, 2015 when Get Together was announced. It's crazy that we went through over 6 months without hearing about any new major additions to the game :smirk:

Oh yeah ! Good point !
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ah! the 30th is my birthday, so that means the third GP will come out before that, woo!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

March 30th would be a typically placeholder date. We've seen that kind of end-of-month date as a placeholder before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

March 30th would be a typically placeholder date. We've seen that kind of end-of-month date as a placeholder before.

Even if we don't know the "when", there's definitely something coming between SimGuruNinja's teasing + two websites with new Bundle packs (unless this slovakian website was the one @elelunicy mentionned).
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Oi, reading these threads are driving me insane. Are we getting something? Will it be what people are saying? 0_o Wheres the Therapist when you need him?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    aws200 wrote: »
    Oi, reading these threads are driving me insane. Are we getting something? Will it be what people are saying? 0_o Wheres the Therapist when you need him?

We ll know tomorrow.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

We ll know tomorrow.

We don't know that. It could be Wednesday, or not even this week. Today is Monday, which means if we're gonna hear an announcement this week it'll more than likely be on Wednesday like all others.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't know if a GP would do restaurants justice. Spa day was nice, but we still couldn't own one, or become a yoga instructor or any of those types of things. And the equipment was the same across the board.

I want to be able to have diverse restaurants from 5 star elegance with a piano bar, to a sports bar and grill, to a family diner. I want to be able to own it, and run it, and be able to select the staff (entertainment, mixologist, chef) etc.

And I want to be able to see the owner sim when I send different sims there. And I still have hope that they will fix that for the retail shops.

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    And I still have hope that they will fix that for the retail shops.

That had me falling over holding my side in laughter. They still haven't bothered fixing GTW and its been almost a year so its obvious they don't care for it. Though we can always hope.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1

That had me falling over holding my side in laughter. They still haven't bothered fixing GTW and its been almost a year so its obvious they don't care for it. Though we can always hope.

I figure if it could be done in Sims 2, there's no reason they can't fix it for Sims 4. And if they do it for restaurants, they should go back and fix it for retail for the update.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I figure if it could be done in Sims 2, there's no reason they can't fix it for Sims 4. And if they do it for restaurants, they should go back and fix it for retail for the update.

The big difference is that when you play TS2 you can see they cared about details.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I wonder if it is restaurants would EA use the same retail system as GTW? or would they develop an actual service system?
    1FKDfKj.png

We ll know tomorrow.

We don't know that. It could be Wednesday, or not even this week. Today is Monday, which means if we're gonna hear an announcement this week it'll more than likely be on Wednesday like all others.

Both recent stuffpacks were announced on Tuesday. Spa Day was also announced on Tuesday and the press release followed on Wednesday.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2016

The difference between the two is that business ownership came first in Sims 2. The ability to own and run your own restaurant was merely an addition to an already solid framework. In The Sims 4 we don't have a solid framework for business ownership, all we have is the ability to sell objects.

It may sound as easy as just updating GTW's retail system, but it would require a complete overhaul or a new system in general. Seeing how they already delivered a half baked system in the first EP, I do not expect to see the themes of business ownership revisited anytime soon if at all. If we got a solid framework built for future expansion this would be different, but the way retail is setup is just not compatible with owning any other venue besides a retail store.

ETA: Also something to take into account is that TS2 base game offered retail stores. You could not own them, but you could physically go to a community lot to purchase different exclusive items such as magazines, video games, clothing, and groceries. We have nothing like that in Sims 4.

The difference between the two is that business ownership came first in Sims 2. The ability to own and run your own restaurant was merely an addition to an already solid framework. In The Sims 4 we don't have a solid framework for business ownership, all we have is the ability to sell objects.

It may sound as easy as just updating GTW's retail system, but it would require a complete overhaul or a new system in general. Seeing how they already delivered a half baked system in the first EP, I do not expect to see the themes of business ownership revisited anytime soon if at all. If we got a solid framework built for future expansion this would be different, but the way retail is setup is just not compatible with owning any other venue besides a retail store.

Yes, but the current cafe system isn't working either. You order something, the money is deducted, but you don't get what you order. And the barista machines are always dirty in the cafes. Is that what we have to look forward to with restaurants too?

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top