Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    OMGosh @Okblondee7! Didn't you post about that? I remember your sorry little disaster (little, in relation to serious disasters). :( Even using some face makeup (after 16 days) didn't disguise anything from the clerk at the store today! :astonished: Too funny! :mrgreen:

Deathlisting™ - What is it? What's it about?

1. It's an old time Sims 3 Gifting Forum tradition.
    2. It does mean the entire wish list is wiped out (gifted), with this exception.
    --- There are certain Simmers that only ever have 5 - 10 items on their wish list, usually very inexpensive items. They create a new list as it empties. They like to keep their list really short. This is not exactly someone who is ripe for Deathlisting™ but please continue reading here.
    3. To leave you with a very rough example, a good candidate might have a world on their wish list, one or two venues and 5 - 15 inexpensive items.
    4. It's a very special feeling to be chosen for Deathlisting™ by anyone. I know because it happened to me.
    5. To be chosen for Deathlisting™, the giving individual or the Team, collectively, have to be able to afford the entire wish list at one time.
    6. Lastly, and most importantly of all, and why we do this... We consider this an honour to be selected as the recipient of this gift, because it means we like you, we respect something we see in you through your posts here. You might make us laugh more or you are especially thoughtful but we're especially glad you're here.
    7. Because this is very special, this usually only happens once to a Simmer.

:star: A final word... everyone who shares here, who gives in any way possible, is actually part of our Deathlisting™ Team. You knew that, right? How on earth could we do this without all of you chopping down that wish list until it was possible to hit it with an axe! :star:

*Hugs* - Reach
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    OMGosh @Okblondee7! Didn't you post about that? I remember your sorry little disaster (little, in relation to serious disasters). :( Even using some face makeup (after 16 days) didn't disguise anything from the clerk at the store today! :astonished: Too funny! :mrgreen:

2. It does mean the entire wish list is wiped out (gifted), with this exception.
    --- There are certain Simmers that only ever have 5 - 10 items on their wish list, usually very inexpensive items. They create a new list as it empties. They like to keep their list really short. This is not exactly someone who is ripe for Deathlisting™ but please continue reading here.
    3. To leave you with a very rough example, a good candidate might have a world on their wish list, one or two venues and 5 - 15 inexpensive items.
    4. It's a very special feeling to be chosen for Deathlisting™ by anyone. I know because it happened to me.
    5. To be chosen for Deathlisting™, the giving individual or the Team, collectively, have to be able to afford the entire wish list at one time.
    6. Lastly, and most importantly of all, and why we do this... We consider this an honour to be selected as the recipient of this gift, because it means we like you, we respect something we see in you through your posts here. You might make us laugh more or you are especially thoughtful but we're especially glad you're here.

:star: A final word... everyone who shares here, who gives in any way possible, is actually part of our Deathlisting™ Team. You knew that, right? How on earth could we do this without all of you chopping down that wish list until it was possible to hit it with an axe! :star:

*Hugs* - Reach

sometimes people throw hard objects all at once they hurt.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member

*Hugs* - Reach

sometimes people throw hard objects all at once they hurt.

Like toilets, eh? :p

@Reachsims, I guess I did post about my face, good memory! I hope you are looking and feeling much better. <3

Thank you so much for filling me in on what Deathlisting means. I guess it's similar to what we did to dragongirl's list. I am up for joining in, I love things like this! :)
  • thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member

*Hugs* - Reach

Awwww wow this just made it all even that more special <3 I'm so glad I crept out my shell to talk with you guys. I've heard awful things about the forums before, read some even awfuller (that's not a word is it lol) things, but this is such a pleasant positive and loving space. If only the real of the world was half as kind and half as generous as everyone here we'd have a much better world <3<3<3
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    I have updated my top five thanks to @ZombieMew and @Hayley~Belle and then @Reachsims finished it off allowing me to get the rest of the regal bedroom for free!
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    Gah slow internet...
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    edited February 2016
    Very little ads lately, but I gave some small gifts to everyone who made a post on page 936 (but also some other Simmers who I see around the forum! :) ) who had a wishlist! Hopefully I was able to help some of you get closer to those green downloads that we all love! :mrgreen:<3 Goodnight! <3
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    @Assirk Thanks for the gift.

@ Everybody

I was just watching Sesame Street clips because I grew up with the show and I ran into this one. Poor Elmo... ; n;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyC4lG0IliU
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you to @creativity_rulez and @laurelar for my gifts over night.
    I feel like a really spoilt person. My sims are going to be so well dressed and have amazing cribs !!! :D:D

I had death listed dreams last night :D:D

I have a busy couple of days with babysitting and my ads have become scarce but hopefully they will return soon. Xxx

Top 5 updated
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Ugh I hate delays! It does give me some time here now, but I'd rather finish our job for today :') anyone a nice story to make my waiting time a little better?

*My man is trying to get a van for our furniture but he has to wait for it. I've done everything I could in our new place and now it's waiting, waiting, waiting! At a time of 9:30 AM I want to do something!!!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Ouch Reach, I only just read, I hope you don't have too much pain! It sounds very painful to hug tools and paint in such a way! You really are too nice ;) you shouldn't do that again

I'm only too lucky to not have had any accidents yet while moving. I keep my fingers crossed, there've been many moments already that were very close...
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you @ Assirk for the table :) we're getting the price down, slowly but surely. Updated my top 5
  • Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    :scream: OMG this catch-up post has snowballed into an encyclopedic entry!! Sorry! I'm gonna get this War&Peace book posted before any more news occurs.

@LaineeCheri - Well it could have been worse but still -ouch. That's a bit of good luck that your Mother can step in and help while you heal. Huzzah! for Mom! And your Mother is a nurse? She'll surely be on call for some time to come with your toddler getting more mobile. One of my Aunts, now 82, is an RN. I say is because, as your Mother well knows, nurses never really *stop* being nurses.

@MariTomKaulitZ - Family time IS great, isn't it? I'm glad you all got to enjoy each other's company. I always try to remember that these are the good old days, and to make them count! Me? Fri/Sat were unpleasantly hectic. But Sunday was a keeper! Yay <3

@fabeme - You're very welcome! :) Did you get those Sign In issues resolved? I did do some poking around and the only advice I found was to contact EA, that they can do a 'Hard Reset' on your account's password/credentials on their end. From what I read, it seems they'd also urge you to enable a 2-step Sign In (extra security). imho While the added security is valuable, I still wouldn't do it. It sounds a bit overly complex and time consuming if you Sign In/Out quite often. But that's just my opinion. :/

@Teanias - You're very welcome! :) I like that Gentlemen's Lounge stuff. I think EA pulled off a really good masculine feel there with the designs. Shadowy dens, libraries and home offices, its a good themed set imho. With a bit of creative effort it can make a pretty decent world travelling adventurer's man cave! :)

@Hayley~Belle - I hope your DH is feeling well and can return to work. Then you can safely return to bouts of uncontrolled spontaneous laughter with little fear of being discovered. Don't worry about the grandkids, no one ever believes children. :D

@sjappielovePaul - Nice! You're almost there, its only some hours away now!! Agreed, the first night in a new home IS exciting!! :grin:

@ZombieMew - Deathlisting™ Hayley - Isn't that a scream to do?! Ooh, us 'off-peak' people have sooo much fun while the World sleeps in blissful ignorance of us >:)<3

@Reachsims - Its only that zombie-mew-sheep are so often misunderstood. All that running and screaming and people brandishing shears... it can really put a friendly zombie-mew-sheep off. Aaand Yep, you warned us, this Deathlisting™ gag is just plain irresistible crazy-fun. But its too powerful, we cannot control such a force. Quickly, throw the Ring into the firey chasm!! Just let it gooooo... B)

@Okblondee7 - RE: Deathlisting™ member. Yep, it sure sounds like you enlisted to me. I kinda just tripped into it also. :#

@ All us clumsy folks - I'm pretty clumsy myself. Seems I'm always banged up somewheres. Upshot: I have one toe that aches when rain is coming, and another that aches when snow is due. Handy they are! :D
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    hi just back home the set comes on dd in 7 hours but no gifts yet :( but still there is time :)
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I love coming to this post and seeing everyone gifting everyone and also seeing how you set up your lists. Last night, I rearranged mine lowest to highest SP. Lol... I don't know if that's the "correct" way to do it, and I'm still just learning the whole DD/cascade system, but I think it probably makes it easier for people to gift me something that way, depending on how much they have to spend at the moment. Someday I will be able to gift larger amounts, but for now I think it is the thought that matters most. :)
    Updated my top 5 again!
  • Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    @HSmith2016 - It absolutely *does* take some time and effort to learn how to utilize all that information to your best advantage. And OhMyYes, there's many ways to keep a Wishlist *dizzy* That's a long-ish List on page 1 so I've tried to optimize & streamline my approach as primarily a gifter here. So for me, seeing as how this is a specific type of gifting thread that @Reachsims is hosting for our benefit, I do try to adhere to her very reasonable rules and guidelines. If I don't see any Top-5 Items left in a Wishlist, or its been recently updated, or its last update is ancient, or I've recently gifted that member, then I generally skip it and move on to someone that's still waiting for some help. I *try* to remember who is new here and leave lots of margin for the inevitable mistakes while they learn all the how to's. :#B)
    edited February 2016
    HI AND GOOD MORNING TO SIMMERS WHO JUST WOKE UP ;)
    but still no gifts toward helping me in the set but there is time!!
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    trying to get my CYS down a bit for the Sweet Escape Nursery so i put those items at the top of my WL. i hope that everyone is having a great day :)
    edited February 2016
    thanks @HSmith2016 for the gift it really will help thanks ;) the set is now for 339 sp according to the calculator so any help is really appreciated
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    thanks @HSmith2016 for the gift it really will help thanks ;) the set is now for 339 sp according to the calculator so any help is really appreciated

Happy to help :)

edited February 2016
    no mind @HSmith2016 as i only own 156sp :(

and this item and one more form top 5 can deathlist me !!

link:http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:41104

classic gumball machine
  • laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    Wow! A big thank you to @zombiemew who wiped out the items on my wishlist!
    Assirk wrote: »
    Very little ads lately, but I gave some small gifts to everyone who made a post on page 936 (but also some other Simmers who I see around the forum! :) ) who had a wishlist! Hopefully I was able to help some of you get closer to those green downloads that we all love! :mrgreen:<3 Goodnight! <3

I do this too, I pick a page and give everyone who has a wishlist in their sig a gift.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I have updated my top five. Many thanks to @Kyrah2016 for all the gifts!
    still nothing please any help before the set comes on dd :D
  • Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    Thank you @Assirk for gifting me the 'Suits a Party'! <3:smiley:
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!