Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that deals with financial issues?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I just reinstalled my Sims 2 game last night, and the first household I played was the Dreamer's. I did the typical have Darren pay all the bills, and paint a picture to make some money, while his son got his first job. I am wanting to do something quite different than anything I have ever done in the past, and that is to absolutely not cheat what so ever, well outside of any cheats for if a sim gets stuck sort of thing.

When a child sim goes off to college, I am going to have them apply for scholarships. If they don't have the scholarship for what ever reason, I was going to have them save their money (from their part time jobs) to also go towards their goal of going. If they don't roll a wish to go, then they won't. Now if their family is very poor, such in the case of Dustin Broke, all his part time income will be going towards his family. So his chances of going will be not impossible, but a little harder. His case will be if he can get a scholarship to go, this will be the dividing factor with sims in his situation.

After they complete college, I was going to keep tract of what they earn during the course of their time at school, and try to figure out how to prevent them from ending up with the default 20,000 semolians.

One of the things I want to do is to keep things realistic as far as the financial means to go to college, going on vacation. and other such endeavors. I guess my question or questions is this. Is there are mod that will help me is this area?

Comments

• ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    Sorry, I read threw your post but I'm a little confused on what exactly your looking for.

I know a couple mods that will make it so your sims don't get rich quick...makes game more challenging. Is this what you are looking for?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I could check them out if you don't mind. I guess what I'm hoping to find is sort of something like a type of banking mod.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Monique's (money?) computer has a banking option. Sorry I can't recall the full name of the mod. At work right now. I can't fully recall where I got it from, but it sounds like what you're looking for. You can deposit and withdraw money from you're deposits. You can also work at home from it.

Try searching for it at MTS. If it's not there. You may have to google it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    There is also a mod it's a checkbook and you can write out checks and gift them to Sims and they can bring them out of their inventory and set them on a table and cash the check and it will give them the money.

It's on Mod The Sims as well as the Higher Bills Lower Wages
  • MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    Chequebook @ http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Moniques computer (updated to AL by chavvik) @ http://www.insimenator.org
    - Note - MTS also has a laptop version of this, and a ton of recolours
    - Also check out stuff by Squinge - he has a ton of little mods for lots of things, and a large college pack

Simlogical has bushes that will give you loans for mortgages
    More Awesome Than You (MATY) - has "money order" which allows you to send money to anyone anywhere. Good for transferring money to college sims.

Christianlov Wallet @ Sims2graveyard - Has money transfer object, which allow you to pay sims directly for work and services - (has animation of sims making payment to each other)

Make life harder hacks and objects - Some at MATY (No2K etc), Many more held at Simbiology under Ancient Highway's (AH) stuff. (Harder Bills/college bills)

There are many more mods, but these are the most popular. If you need help ask in the forum at MTS under WCIF.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
    Thank you @Miamine I forgot the checkbook was on Simwardrobe (it's been awhile)