Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not many forum-active Sims 2'ers?

2...Next

Comments

• jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    i am one still playing the sims2
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I haven't played TS2 in a long time but I pop in now and then to lurk. I have noticed that they now have separate pages for TS1 and TS2 but they are quieter. The TS3 GD is growing in popularity more and more each day, almost as busy as TS4's GD, only a little less heated ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I haven't played anything but sims 2 lately since it works better on my laptop than it ever did on my dino-pc (rip, pc :( ) so I feel like I can experience things I haven't been able to for years because of lag or crashes or glitches. That being said, since all I'm playing is sims 2 right now, this is the only section of the forum I wanna be in.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm still about. Play all the Sims when time allows. I Know what i am going to do when i finally retire. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited February 2016
    I play as much as college allows me to...which is actually more frequently than I did in high school. Maybe because I can actually play sims while on campus :p I figure once I graduate I'll have to adult. So best enjoy it while I still can. Ah, I've got another year or two!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I play Sims 2 as well. I post my updates in the stories section practically daily. I just finished the Apocalypse Challenge and am starting the Build a City Challenge. :p
  • HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I've just restarted playing TS2... It is a very good game till this day.
    Graphics feel really dated though. But for good gameplay, it is worth it.

Right now I'm building a city and setting things up.
    I never have had the patience to indepth build my own cities. I'd love to see yours!
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I never have had the patience to indepth build my own cities. I'd love to see yours!

Heh. That's all I've ever done. I love building my own worlds and cities. I'll post some pics of my hood(s) for you the next time I play. May be a while though, as papercrafting and making boxes for storage has become my latest obsession.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I finally have a few days off. I'm going to dive back into my "megahood" (all of the Maxis neighborhoods combined into one) and play to my heart's content. Time to get Dustin Broke & Juliette Capp married!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I finally have a few days off. I'm going to dive back into my "megahood" (all of the Maxis neighborhoods combined into one) and play to my heart's content. Time to get Dustin Broke & Juliette Capp married!
    It sounds wonderful! :)
    I have never moved all of my Sims2 neighbourhoods into one "megahood" but it is something I have tried with Sims3 - building worlds with some of the Sims2 neighbourhoods - unfortunately not all can fit using the largest CAW map. :)
    Maybe I might try making a Sims2 megahood - just hope I can maintain some existing relationships!
    I have also always thought of doing a megahood. I see pictures in the forums on MTS and they always look so much fun with tons and tons of simmies.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    A megahood is tons of fun. :) It's my favorite way to play the Maxis-made neighborhoods. I like it because it makes me feel like I can add a whole new layer of detail into the story running through my head when I play. For example, the reason why Dustin is marrying Juliette Capp is due to Consort Capp introducing them. I had Dustin quit the Criminal career and join the Slacker career so he could be a golf caddy. In my imagination, that's how I had him "meet" Consort in the first place, as Consort's caddy one afternoon. They're both Fortune sims, so I figured Consort sees Dustin as a young version of himself, ambitious and full of potential. The Capp family is matriarchal, so Consort thinks Dustin will be perfect to run Capp Enterprises behind the scenes, with Juliette as the figurehead.

The above is so much more interesting to me than to have Dustin marry his high school sweetheart Angela. This is what I enjoy so much about Sims 2, I have the ability to be as detailed as I like about each sim in the world, without some of the pesky limits I've encountered with Sims 3 & Sims 4 (though mods have helped me to find a way to enjoy Sims 3 & Sims 4 on their own merits). Speaking of Angela, I'm still trying to decide whether she'll marry Tank Grunt, one of the Davis twins from La Fiesta Tech (Lilith is dating the other twin), or maybe she'll go off on a tangent and become a Romance sim like her father.