Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medival

AngelRose87AngelRose87 Posts: 2 New Member
Ok recently purchased the sims Medival cause it was the only one on a amazing sale at the local walmart (and id never seen medival there before) however now when i try to play it it opens the launcher but wont open the game, and ive tried with and without the disk in. any suggestions on how i can fix this?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    contact ea http://help.ea.com/en/

last i knew the game will not work on windows 8 unless someone at EA or someone in the forum has found a way to get it to work on windows 8
  • AngelRose87AngelRose87 Posts: 2 New Member
    i wondered if that would cause an issue or not, laptop was a gift for christmas and is Windows 8..... but i will contact them as well thanks
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    TSM Patch 2 will break the game on Win 8 if you have a disk install. The solution is apparently to uninstall completely and use your registration code to get the download version (and patch) via Origin. EA fixed the issue that way, after a year or two of complaints. :)
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    TSM Patch 2 will break the game on Win 8 if you have a disk install. The solution is apparently to uninstall completely and use your registration code to get the download version (and patch) via Origin. EA fixed the issue that way, after a year or two of complaints. :)
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility

Did they really!! Have you played it? Does it use a launcher? I was reading the link you posted and it seems you now need origin to play it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I've never played TSM. Just recall all the complaints, thought EA might have fixed that by now, and a search turned up the link I found. Right, it apparently only plays via Origin download on Win 8.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Hi,
    I bought it back in the day from Origin. I use windows 7 pro. I place an icon on my task bar at the bottom of my monitor and played from there.
    I found this game to be a little different from the other sims game.

I got it to the point were I could play my King Uther and my court physician Gaius. Gaius ended up in the stockades and Uther is laying in his bed with his plumb bob in orange. At this point I cannot get things going again to get them back up and going. I cannot find Gaius and Uther refuses to get out of bed and have some oatmeal.

Needless to say I really do not play that game anymore. I never did buy the second ep for this something about Pirates.
    Hope you get it going. You might try changing the compatibility mode to windows xp or 7 if windows 8 offers that.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yeah you can play unpatched too on win 8 you just can't install pirates and nobles. Long ago I found a workaround but now can't locate it anywhere :/

Oh and thx for info @igazor I will try that!
  • MerkinSparklesMerkinSparkles Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been trying to redeem my game code for a week now, I contacted EA several times, and no response, I filed a ticket and it says "Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon." How may days does it take to load?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sometimes Windows 7 is really crazy. On many games I have to do the following until it rectifies the situation. On some older games for XP I have to make sure the RunDLL is running before a game will start. If you don't want to use a downloaded version of any old game this will work about 100% of the time. When you put an old dvd or cd into the drive you may be asked if you want to run set up again. Go ahead and click yes. If already installed usually nothing will reinstall again. It will just sit there. But in task manager you will see a new RUNDLL is running. This is good. You may also see the .EXE file running for the game you are trying to start. Here is what to do next: End the EXE for the game you are trying to run but don't stop the RUNDLL. Then click the short cut on your desktop for your old game. It will start up. Pause the game or just minimize. End the RUNDLL in task manager which will then cause the game data. exe to start using more memory and CPU. This will let you play the game of almost any old game that won't start up in Windows 7.

And is a work around for those who hate having to go all digital when they own the darn dvd or cd
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    I wish there was a sims like back in time... like 20s, french medieval