Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 vs Sims 4...

Comments

• simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

i think EA should reconsider the closed development of TS3

i would definately grab immediately a 64bit version of TS3,
    because that is what this iteration desparately needs above everything else

Oh yes! This is something I been wanting a long time now, instead of that stupid update of Origin for TS3, which I wont touch of course
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2016
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    It's really hard for me to enjoy Sims 3 now because I feel as if all Sims are dead inside. They feel like robots, no life or emotion at all. Plus, they eat all non-hand food like soup, which annoys me.

So, for the simple reason that I feel that Sims 3 Sims lack emotion, or life at all, Sims 4 > Sims 3.

IMO they don't lack emotions, but they are more subtle in TS3 and I absolutely prefer that. They got overboard with these "emotions" in TS4, so much that they can't snap out of it when they need to

09-15-14_10-59nbspAM-3_zpscn0tmgld.png

And here is the whole thread with funny experiments about TS4 emotions and lack of emotions :lol:
    http://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/817854/an-obnoxious-psychosausage-tests-the-boundaries-of-the-sims-4-emotions

And btw, I prefer not to have a big emotion label in my face to see what kind of emotion my sims has every minute
    That has been improved by the way, they apparently react much better now. And I also can imagine people like the over the top behaviour. I just prefer the more subtle and realistic sim myself too and I don't need over the top or clowny to feel emotions and liveliness. Where a lot of people dislike the 'staring sim' in 3, that's actually often the moment for me to take their pic because I love their facial expression and can use it in their story.
    The question Sims 3 vs Sims 4 is a legitimate one, because there are substantial differences and as such it can be interesting to compare those differences. I regret though for some people having a preference automatically means hating the other approach 'with a passion'.

ETA: and it's also annoying being critical about the game automatically gets translated into "you're a hater" by the way. It is possible to be critical and not happy about a lot of things, without hating.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    This is not the Sims 4 board. Please stop making threads discussing it here.
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited February 2016
    I agree that it's odd for a stream of sims to go by your house constantly. Mostly because they come from no where in particular and are going no where in particular- what I mean is, there is no simulation going on there.

The bolded part had me cracking up with laughter! A image popped in my head after reading this, of my sim sitting in the front yard throwing a ball at the passing sims, to see how many she/he could knock down to win the big prize. Just like you do at the carnival, when you throw balls at the moving target, going no where and coming from no where. Just going around and around, as you shoot or throw stuff at the moving target. :lol:
    Post edited by skm36 on
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

-it's much easier to meet people, due to the constant flow of traffic in front of your house

When my Sim visits a community lot in TS3, if there isn't another Sim around already, eventually 10 or 15 more show up. I didn't like the constant parade past the house in TS4 of Sims going nowhere in particular...it just seemed odd :)

lucky you!

in my ts3 games, it's rare for me to see other sims on community lots. maybe my towns simply aren't populated enough, but my poor computer is on its last legs and i don't want to put too much stress on it or cause it to die on me before my other half finishes building my new one.

i agree that the constant stream of traffic past the house is odd, but it has that small-town feel to it (where my parents live, all the neighbours just hang out in the street and chat with each other~ maybe that's why i don't find it weird).

ts4 and medieval are a lot less taxing on my rapidly-dying laptop, so i might stick with those for now and go back to 3 once i have my new computer.

imho ts3>ts4.

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    It's really hard for me to enjoy Sims 3 now because I feel as if all Sims are dead inside. They feel like robots, no life or emotion at all. Plus, they eat all non-hand food like soup, which annoys me.

So, for the simple reason that I feel that Sims 3 Sims lack emotion, or life at all, Sims 4 > Sims 3.

IMO they don't lack emotions, but they are more subtle in TS3 and I absolutely prefer that. They got overboard with these "emotions" in TS4, so much that they can't snap out of it when they need to

I was thinking about this the other day. It's similar to the difference between stage actors and film actors. Stage actors play to the back of the audience. Their actions are big, their voices load. Because cameras can zoom in and pick up every emotion that crosses an actor's face their expressions and gestures are more subtle and their voices vary in volume and intonation.

Now the reason I think this difference exists between Sims 4 and Sims 3 is that Sims 3 is made to be played on a desktop or high end laptop with a big monitor. Sims 4 I think was designed for a smaller screen that requires the bigger exaggerated expressions and gestures.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    This topic was created before Sims 4 was released. Just someone wondering what the upcoming game would bring in comparison to what we had at that moment.
    5JZ57S6.png
    cwaddell wrote: »

I was thinking about this the other day. It's similar to the difference between stage actors and film actors. Stage actors play to the back of the audience. Their actions are big, their voices load. Because cameras can zoom in and pick up every emotion that crosses an actor's face their expressions and gestures are more subtle and their voices vary in volume and intonation.

Now the reason I think this difference exists between Sims 4 and Sims 3 is that Sims 3 is made to be played on a desktop or high end laptop with a big monitor. Sims 4 I think was designed for a smaller screen that requires the bigger exaggerated expressions and gestures.

Yes, you are right about that. But when they desided to release it for PC I think they should have scrapped that, to make the game look less like a game for mobiles/tablets. But who knows, maybe they still have plans to make it mobile, it's easier from PC to mobile than the other way around I think.
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

But EA moves threads like this from The Sims 4 board to The Sims 3 board

*Sims 4 bored
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This topic was created before Sims 4 was released. Just someone wondering what the upcoming game would bring in comparison to what we had at that moment.

Besides, it's perfectly normal for players to compare the two games. Besides, I doubt if one whole day passes where someone isn't dissing TS3 on the TS4 board. Or TS4 bored, as the case may be. :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    HappySimmer3 I miss the lol button
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Besides, it's perfectly normal for players to compare the two games. Besides, I doubt if one whole day passes where someone isn't dissing TS3 on the TS4 board. Or TS4 bored, as the case may be. :D

lol yup, they have a whole thread going about things they 'don't' miss.
    bekkasan wrote: »

lol yup, they have a whole thread going about things they 'don't' miss.
    Last time I looked that involved newspapers and paparazzi. It doesn't take Sims 4 though to get rid of those :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member

...in my ts3 games, it's rare for me to see other sims on community lots...my poor computer is on its last legs...

I believe that the game can decide how many Sims to send to community lots based on your computer's processing power. There are mods out there that can force more Sims to visit but that might not be wise if your computer is struggling. Once you have your new computer, you should notice quite a difference in the number of visitors :)
    Firby nurbs!
  • MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    I like the sims 3 better.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member

Yes, you are right about that. But when they desided to release it for PC I think they should have scrapped that, to make the game look less like a game for mobiles/tablets. But who knows, maybe they still have plans to make it mobile, it's easier from PC to mobile than the other way around I think.

I don't even want to think about it. I mean, I get it - from a business model perspective it makes sense to try to capitalize on the mobile market but I'll really be sad to see the series go there. But it probably will. Sigh.
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    If they move the franchise to mobile market we are going to stay playing The Sims 3 to the end of our lives.
  • llsmom08llsmom08 Posts: 29 New Member
    I downloaded sims 4, but quickly deleted it and went back to sims 3:/ I guess I need to get used to 4, but 3 is so awesome!
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    If they move the franchise to mobile market we are going to stay playing The Sims 3 to the end of our lives.

it will lose it's magic on mobile, I can't imagine getting lost in any game on a tiny screen, and so that will probably fail with the existing Sims fans, and then everyone will come back to 3 and then we'll have a nice big community once more including modders :) yay
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Unfortunate but true for me.

Surreal wrote: »

I don't even want to think about it. I mean, I get it - from a business model perspective it makes sense to try to capitalize on the mobile market but I'll really be sad to see the series go there. But it probably will. Sigh.

Yeh I know, I don't want it to happen either. But as Maxis is now under the mobile division - one could suspect that we will not get a quality pc version of sims anymore. I hope I'm wrong. The ambitious open world games dominated E3 2015 and still are. If they want to compete with others, and not just thinking of fast money, I think it would pay off in the long run if they did a really good, modern Sims5.

Unfortunate but true for me.

For me too
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member

Yeh I know, I don't want it to happen either. But as Maxis is now under the mobile division - one could suspect that we will not get a quality pc version of sims anymore. I hope I'm wrong. The ambitious open world games dominated E3 2015 and still are. If they want to compete with others, and not just thinking of fast money, I think it would pay off in the long run if they did a really good, modern Sims5.

I'm actually a little bit scared of this. I came to forums quite late - 2013 - so I missed the big sims3 hype, which I already said. I really, really hope there will be an amazing sims5 once, where I can talk with a lot of people about a beautiful game. A lot of people.
    edited February 2016
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

I'm actually a little bit scared of this. I came to forums quite late - 2013 - so I missed the big sims3 hype, which I already said. I really, really hope there will be an amazing sims5 once, where I can talk with a lot of people about a beautiful game. A lot of people.

I missed that too, I just started coming here when I heard they where working on sims 4, I was so hyped and thought they would make a mix of TS and TS3 but even better. Then I saw what they where heading with it. Oh boy, talk about disappointment..
    I must admit I always found these forums a bit overwhelming. But I have been part of a smaller community that was alive and kicking during the Sims 3 days and that became part of the Sims 3 experience for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top