Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging Outside of the Household

Erin50Erin50 Posts: 5 New Member
Hi,

In the Sims 3 & 4, people you move out of your household still age up, even if you're not playing as them. I was wondering if there is a mod for the Sims 2 that allows sims outside the current household to continue aging up so that my kids age up with my family.

Thanks,
Erin

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I'm not sure off the top of my head if there's a mod for that or not (I'd assume a lot of people would want one) so I will search for you.

In the meantime my suggestion is to do one of two things:
    - if you turn the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on and then just have your sim invite the kids over and then right click on the kid MAKE SELECTABLE then Set To Birthday. You'll want to make them selectable so then you can click on them regularly and select Grow Up. I don't know how familiar you are with the cheat, but making them selectable will add them to the portrait pannel, UNTIL you leave the household. It's just like as if temporarily controlling them.
    - Alternatively, if you download the Sim Blender from Simbology, just have your sim invite the kids over then click on the Sim Blender (it looks like the ficus tree and is in misc in buy mode) and the tab that says Aging, you can click the kid's name and then age them to the desired life stage. You don't even need to make them selectable with this option they just need to be on the lot, AND Sim Blender is incredibly useful for a jillion other things besides aging, such as aspiration, relationships, and bunch more. So even if you don't do this method I'd still reccomend downloading it. Also thought I'd add, you can add/subtract days with this method, although you can only do it in increments of 3...if say you wanted the sibling to be 3 days older or whatever.

While I understand both my methods would be time consuming for large generational families, I think they'd suffice til a proper mod was found.
  • Options
    Erin50Erin50 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you! @cleo00 I figured I'd end up having to do something like that! I appreciate your help :smile:
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You can also age sims up when the sim you're playing ages. The game offers a selection menu to pick and choose sims you'd like to age along with your sim.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    I don't consider this a bad thing I love that they did not mess up the stories you told with sims.That's one thing I wish wasn't in the sims 3 :/
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I don't mind it so much either really. It wasn't bad in sims 3, as they aged pretty slowly and I very rarely had multiple families in one save. However, I let my boyfriend play sims 4 and he wanted to put his guy across the street from my family so he could have friends. Stupidly, I agreed, only to find out that Odin (AKA the best sim I'd ever had) had died of old age. I was devastated! That wouldn't have happened in sims 2.