Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    working on Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes any help is appreciated ;)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    adamzaid wrote: »
    working on Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes any help is appreciated ;)

Well that was a fast 'week'! Glad you are able to stick with us after all! :)
    ETA: Sent you a little 'welcome back' gift.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    yes i was happy at lest i will stick with you simmers ;) including @Okblondee7
  • Options
    thx for the gift @Okblondee7 and top 5 updated ;)
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Well it's going on 2am here so I better go hope everyone has a good Night/day ! TTFN (TA TA For Now!)
  • Options
    @adamzaid, remember, you can edit your first post to add what you posted in the second post. Did I say the word 'post' enough? :p
  • Options
    Teanias wrote: »
    Well it's going on 2am here so I better go hope everyone has a good Night/day ! TTFN (TA TA For Now!)

TTFN, right back at you! I should think about bed myself...
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    yes its just my brothers pc is laggy that i lost control @Okblondee7 but i will try my best to keep editing my posts and thanks @teanias for the gift!!
  • Options
    yes its just my brothers pc is laggy that i lost control @Okblondee7 but i will try my best to keep editing my posts

That's OK sweetie, I just wanted to help. My PC is laggy sometimes too. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    yes every pc is laggy these day LOL ;) by the way @Okblondee7 love your cat pic so cute just wanna hug to pieces ;)
    and @Okblondee7 if its pretty late where you live i recomend you got to sleep honey because i have stuff do to so bye ;)
  • Options
    yes every pc is laggy these day LOL ;) by the way @Okblondee7 love your cat pic so cute just wanna hug to pieces ;)
    and @Okblondee7 if its pretty late where you live i recomend you got to sleep honey because i have stuff do to so bye ;)

It's midnight here, so yes, I should go to bed. Insomnia is not fun. Sweet dreams and thank you for complimenting my little ole cat avatar. :)
  • Options
    goodnight
  • Options
    Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Not sure if I should put this in another thread or not. I purchased the Teen Lady Blaze (blazer) for 75SP a couple of months ago. Its part of Wretched Threads coming up on 2/20 DD #295. It will be free for me according to the CYS calculator. Just a little FYI, if you're hoping to get this set. Buying one item at least around 75SP (I don't know if something cheaper will make it free too). I don't want every item in the set, but there are a few female tops/bottoms, a male top, and baggy jeans I would like, so I'm happy to be getting it free.

75SP for a 1300SP is pretty good :)

Heads Up! The DD Sales price of that Wretched Threads set you're aiming for will be higher than you think! :o

Occasionally, there's an infamously unfortunate coincidence where a DD Sale Set will also be on the current Weekly Sales page. This throws all of your CYS Discount calculations for the DD Sale out the window. The DD Discount does not stack with the Weekly Sale Discount. The only stack-able discounts I know of are:

DD Sale + CYS Discount
    Weekly Sale + CYS Discount

So, the estimated price you calculated right now is falsely showing as much lower than it will actually be. I've never had this problem myself. Does anyone know if adding the Weekly Sale % back into the CYS price will return a correct estimate?
  • Options
    Teanias wrote: »

:star: !!!!!!!!Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! :star:
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    @Kyrah2016 Why thank you...I feel very privileged to be your first DeathList victim! Hahaha! I have never heard of this before either! :D

Thank you to @debbycanty for gifting me the 'Fin Table'. Very much apprecitated! :blush:<3

Hope everyone has a lovely day! :smile:<3:*
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    Kaela_87 wrote: »
    @Kyrah2016 Why thank you...I feel very privileged to be your first DeathList victim! Hahaha! I have never heard of this before either! :D

:D ...my first victim! I'm so eager to do that again, and again, and... I wish everyone here was as dumb-luck fortunate as I've been lately with the Bonus Ads. OMG just imagine it, a Top 5 wouldn't last 5 seconds with this generous happy go lucky bunch <3
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2016
    Kyrah2016 wrote: »
    <snip>... Does anyone know if adding the Weekly Sale % back into the CYS price will return a correct estimate?
    No one has yet been able to figure that out and I believe they have all quit trying. I'm not sure if that would be entirely possible for us to do so anyway.

This is an aside but to make matters even more complicated, some things are weighted differently. For example, one can buy the chicken coop from the sales page and then pick up the entire Country Livin' set for free on several or all of its offerings on the Daily Deal. The same thing goes for the cow corral. If you own the cows, the Farm Fresh Folk set can be had for free through the DD. Again, this holds true for the Itadakimasu set. One can buy the teppanyaki grill on the DD and pick up the set for free on another DD. It's actually much less expensive to buy or obtain just the PC item instead a whole bunch of other content from any of these sets. If you go for trying to get a lot of the pieces in a set instead of the PC item, it will cost a lot more.

There are a few strange compilations where everything you think you understand about the discounts, etc... goes flying out that proverbial window. For example, one can go for the Live, Laugh, Love set, one piece at a time, but it's better to buy Le Cinema Plumbob and then the entire Live, Laugh, Love set is free through the January 2013 Compilation. Buying the two PC items from the cinema first is the route others have chosen but it will cost more that way (assuming I remember correctly), even if those items are purchased from the sales page. The cinema is weighed much more heavily than its PC items which is the opposite of our cows, chickens and teppanyaki grill which are all weighted more than the actual sets they are in. O.o

You are correct in all your calculations. Good morning! :) Time for a coffee refill... <3

Nice to see Adamzaid got his PC troubles ironed out for the week.

EDIT: This is my 7777th post. :flushed:
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited February 2016
    Kyrah2016 wrote:
    So, the estimated price you calculated right now is falsely showing as much lower than it will actually be. I've never had this problem myself. Does anyone know if adding the Weekly Sale % back into the CYS price will return a correct estimate?

Do you remember when I did some really strange math and @Hayley~Belle had a big headache ? For sure it's not 100% good, but I've done this since then with the sales pages and I always got a price around 5 to 25 SP when the DD showed up.

For example, Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection is 24% off. I have already some items from the set, so my CYS/Sale is right now at : 685. What I want to know is the REAL complete your set. My math give a number near the real number.

What I do is this :

1) 100%-24% = 76%

2)

685 SP / 76% = X / 100%

X = the real CYS without the sale

3) (100 * 685) / 76 = 901.31 = X

This is how I find out my real CYS, then I use this number HERE. As I say, I got DD where I had to pay something around 5 to 25 SP (and the Elianahere's calculator gave me a cost FREE) so it's not the real thing, but like this I'm always sure that I'll have enough SP when it will be on DD.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    Sits crying in a corner....maths don't show me maths...Mental Abuse To Hayley :D
    Luckily I already had all my ducks in a row for wretched threads, it should be 23sps. Unless of course now it's on sale it really does wipe out all my pre sale calculating/organising!!! Then I might cry @fabeme :D:'(;)
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Okay okay @Hayley~Belle I understand *hide maths in another corner*

I won't show those to you again... not now... xD

I hope your calculations will be good :)

Top 5 updated
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    fabeme wrote: »
    Okay okay @Hayley~Belle I understand *hide maths in another corner*

I won't show those to you again... not now... xD

I hope your calculations will be good :)

Top 5 updated

Keep showing me, it makes me grateful I don't have to go to school, grateful I don't have to support students in Maths and you never know one day I might have a eureka moment and it might sink in!!!....ok the last bit is a bit of a stretch :D:D
    I will have another cup of tea and have a look again and see if I get it, I'm not one to give up easily unless it involves not eating chocolate hobnobs :D
    We are due to get your snow!!!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    :star:@fabeme - That is an elegant solution!! And its simply fantastic; To have such an accessible method to arrive at a corrected CYS estimate within ± 25sp is really very valuable and useful. It looks so simple written out like that but I'm sure it took quite a while to achieve consistent results. I am absolutely saving this information, its Awesome! <3 The fabeme-Hayley solution B)

Edit - I've filed your solution for future reference! :star: Fields medal award to fabeme
  • Options
    Kyrah2016 wrote: »
    :star:@fabeme - That is an elegant solution!! And its simply fantastic; To have such an accessible method to arrive at a corrected CYS estimate within ± 25sp is really very valuable and useful. It looks so simple written out like that but I'm sure it took quite a while to achieve consistent results. I am absolutely saving this information, its Awesome! <3 The fabeme-Hayley solution B)

Edit - I've filed your solution for future reference! :star: Fields medal award to fabeme

It took @fabeme a lot of angst to be able to work it out, very clever person. It's a shame @Bird166 isn't here for the medal ceremony.
    I wish I could maths, can you imagine my poor students when I put my feet on the table to count my toes?! :D
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg