Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone here also play sims free play?

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I tried it but I will not sink money into those games so I'm really not the desired audience. They want people who don't notice how much money they are sinking into the game with pennies at a time. It's really quite obscene to me how expensive the content is.

Anyway I played The Simpsons tapped out and people sink a fortune into that-and EA are in charge of that game too and it's often had blackouts where people can't even access their games because the servers are down. So you see people who say they've spend thousands of dollars only to be shut out of their content. Which is a reason why I'd never trust an EA app game like that with my money.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh & nevermind about my zoom-in question. I'm watching a Baby Steps reaction video on YouTube and the girl just said, "Aw, I wish we could zoom up close like that in the game". So yep...still watching from afar I guess...lame!

You can actually zoom in pretty close in the game at least you can on the iPad version.
    wta8sn.jpg
    (The max zoom in on my iPad)

I think it's a decent game as far as app games go but then I like quest based games. Last year I played it obsessively and got really far and had almost everything built and almost all the available quests done and hobbies mastered but then lost interest after getting Sims 4 but thanks to threads like this I've picked it up again. It's definitely not for everyone and definitely doesn't play like a normal Sims game. I have put some money into it but only because I wanted some of the extra clothing/furniture packs you had to pay for at the time I've spent a similar amount on clothing and stuff from the Sims 3 store and have probably gotten just as much use out of it in game so it do sn't bother me to spend it. I've never paid money to actually rush or complete quests. If you manage you time properly it's all completely doable without spending any money at all.

I mean I still prefer the regular Sims games over it but it's a fun little game in and of itself at least for me.

~ ~ ~
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    @3KNPen - Yea, that's actually closer than I remember being able to zoom but still nothing like the trailers. I like to play at my sim's eye-level looking straight on and not at a top-down angel :)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have tried the game twice. The second time I tried it just reconfirmed why I disliked it. It is played in real time... what?, it is task/quest oriented, it encourages you to join social media so you can get on the boat and play with others, and it encourages you to spend money so you can move the game along. No thanks. Needless to say I refused to get on the boat and I spent no money. I am sure it appeals to some, but I found it utterly boring.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have it but I only went on it when I couldn't play dims on pc
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I haven't spend a penny on them
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lol.. Free Play is actually what made me buy Sims 4. I downloaded the app to try it out, hoping it was a bit like Sims 1, and after realizing tasks have to be done in real time I was pretty put off of it. I remember thinking "this is nothing like a real Sim game", and the next day I went out and bought Sims 4 because I found I was missing Sims, I had taken a two-or-so year break from simming prior to that. I actually really hate app games, they're tedious and a cash grab.

I think that they should release another version of Free Play, one that costs money to buy it but you would be able to play it as a normal Sims game. I would actually enjoy that, it would be like an upgraded Sims 1 but with quests and stuff.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TS4 is boring. You just do the same things over and over and you have to keep playing for hours every time you open the game. So it took only a few weeks before I stopped playing it.

Freeplay is a little boring in the beginning when you have too few sims to play with. Paying isn't a solution unless you don't mind using thousands of dollars on the game. The solution instead is to play it on several devices or to play other similar games at the same time. I did both. Freeplay I played on 3 devices and I also played at least 5 other games. By switching between the games I avoided waiting time in all of them :)

I soon realized that I had to reduce the number of devices for Freeplay from 3 to 2. Now I am on the max lvl (55) in the game on my iPad and almost there (lvl 52) in my android game too. I want to only continue playing it on one device which will probably be my iPad. But I want my android game to reach the max lvl too before I stop playing it and only visit its town from my iPad.

I prefer games like Freeplay to games like TS4 because I like to only play for a few minutes before I quit the game and switch to another game or do something completely different. Earlier I was a dedicated PC gamer. But now I only play games for mobile devices (and usually on tablets).
  • wildcrosswildcross Posts: 17 Member
    ive played it, the thing i really hate about it is the real time and the horrible horrible graphics. ill stick to pc.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    forced online games with microtransactions are horrible.. ofc EA would like the concept, making easy money :D but yeah I used to have it but games like these are just boring and empty money-sucking machines :/
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I really want to know how much profit do they make from free play. More than TS4? Do people really sink in tonnes of money in these life points and whatnot ?
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited February 2016
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I really want to know how much profit do they make from free play. More than TS4? Do people really sink in tonnes of money in these life points and whatnot ?
    freeplay's downloaded numbers from android only is over 50,000,000
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    freeplay's downloaded numbers from android only is over 50,000,000
    Yes. But the number of downloads doesn't tell us much because it is the number of people who choose to pay for things in the game (instead of just waiting a little to get everything for free) that matter.

A lot of people download this game just to see what it is about. But soon they stop playing it again without having bought anything.

Also most people who continue playing it just play it without buying anything (like me). I know from other free online games (where there are ingame discussions between the players - especially the players in your own "guild") that usually only about one out of each 20 players choose to pay just to speed such games a little up. So out of the 50,000,000 android players you mention I would think that less than 1,000,000 of them ever pay for anything ;)
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    1 million paying customers just on android aren't bad
    1 million paying customers just on android aren't bad
    No. But it is probably fewer than that.

Even if we guess the number of paying customers it doesn't say much because a customer who only buy something cheap and then never buys any more - only pays EA very little. But there are also customers who buys something once or twice a week for years. They are rare. But each of them pays EA a huge amount of money.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm so close to finish the spell'o books quest :p Only three or so days left :mrgreen: I haven't spend any money and again not planning to but I hope I can get the pet dragons :p Just curious to see how they work. :smile:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm so close to finish the spell'o books quest :p Only three or so days left :mrgreen: I haven't spend any money and again not planning to but I hope I can get the pet dragons :p Just curious to see how they work. :smile:
    I don't remember that quest.

I am doing the tropical romance island quest instead and I also have three days left to do it. I have build four of the six places on the island and cleaned the island up. Now I am close to be able to build the wedding coast venue. I just need a few more resources :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Also, the number of downloads probably doesn't account for the number of players who download the game, try it, and then uninstall it....like me.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I am doing the tropical romance island quest instead and I also have three days left to do it. I have build four of the six places on the island and cleaned the island up. Now I am close to be able to build the wedding coast venue. I just need a few more resources :)

It's the one with the wizard and the mummies I probably named it wrong XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Also, the number of downloads probably doesn't account for the number of players who download the game, try it, and then uninstall it....like me.
    I have done that with a lot of mobile games. But not the Sims Freeplay.

When the Facebook game (the Sims Social) was released I just ignored it and I did the same with the Sims Freeplay because I just couldn't believe that a free mobile version of the Sims could be worth playing when even the paid mobile versions of the Sims 3 weren't. So I didn't even download the Sims Freeplay until I stopped playing the Sims 4 in the first half of 2015. But then I decided to just try it. It was a little boring in the beginning. But then I became more and more surprised. How could a free version of the Sims be such a big highly developed game when even the paid versions of the Sims 3 weren't?

I played on and as my understanding of the game developed I even found that the Sims Freeplay was the biggest and best mobile game that I had ever played. Fantastic that such a free game really has enough paying contributors for EA to continue to develop it for years (since 2011) and not instead stop it as they did with the Sims Social.

No you named it correct as you can see on https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/the-sims-freeplay-book-of-spells-quest/ But I think that it is almost a year since I did that quest. I am now at lvl 55 which is the current max lvl. So I just didn't remember your quest :)
    I think that TS4 is a "game" which primarily was made for people who like to "construct" sims and build houses. I don't care much about such things and TS4 has too simplified gameplay for me to play it.

The Sims Freeplay concentrates on gameplay instead. Therefore it is the game that I play :)
  • tablstewarttablstewart Posts: 1 New Member
    I have played it for quite awhile....my name on facebook is Tab Stewart....the only thing I don't like is that it takes so long to do quests and such
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

No you named it correct as you can see on https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/the-sims-freeplay-book-of-spells-quest/ But I think that it is almost a year since I did that quest. I am now at lvl 55 which is the current max lvl. So I just didn't remember your quest :)

I built the Sorcerous Supplies shop a long time ago and must have missed this quest because I do not have dragons available for purchase at the pet store. Either that or I didn't complete it in time to get dragons.

I built the Sorcerous Supplies shop a long time ago and must have missed this quest because I do not have dragons available for purchase at the pet store. Either that or I didn't complete it in time to get dragons.
    I can buy both dragons and fairies in my pet store. But I haven't bought any :)

The possibility to buy dragons may be one of my free gifts in December 2015 because I am not sure if I really made this quest fast enough. Pets aren't my favorites in any of the Sims games because they usually don't help but only annoys my sims ;)