Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotational Play is BROKEN

Yeah, I totally want my Sims in another family to stand on the edge of the lot when I return, meaning they missed work technically and lost performance. BOO!!!
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    wow, that stinks. I hope that they fix that glitch soon.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2016
    I always leave households around 3 am, so it's less of a problem (sims won't miss anything). Yes I still think they should fix it.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I always try to swap households at a time when no one is working. Would be nice not to have to keep track though.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Why do you say that they missed work and lost performance? My sims have always been standing outside when I switch back to their family and I've never had a problem with anything other than the silly relationship panel that loves to assign them new lovebird relationships...with eachother. But as far as work, they're supposed to just be kinda 'dormant' when you're not playing them...it should be the same as you left them?

Nevermind!! You mean when you switched to them, they were supposed to be at work right then? I've had that happen too with the Goths :s
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
    Why do you say that they missed work and lost performance? My sims have always been standing outside when I switch back to their family and I've never had a problem with anything other than the silly relationship panel that loves to assign them new lovebird relationships...with eachother. But as far as work, they're supposed to just be kinda 'dormant' when you're not playing them...it should be the same as you left them?

Nevermind!! You mean when you switched to them, they were supposed to be at work right then? I've had that happen too with the Goths :s

They will get a performance hit if they're late from work/school when you load the household.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member

They will get a performance hit if they're late from work/school when you load the household.

I know, that's why I did the cross-out and said nevermind :p I thought they were just upset about the sims standing on the curb and then I realized what they were trying to say. I've had that happen too where I switch to a family and they all were missing work / school...frustrating!
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    And if they were writing a book, you lose all that progress, too.

I know, that's why I did the cross-out and said nevermind :p I thought they were just upset about the sims standing on the curb and then I realized what they were trying to say. I've had that happen too where I switch to a family and they all were missing work / school...frustrating!

Yep, sorry I didn't catch it as I didn't refresh before posting. The cross-out just showed up it the quote.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Yeah, I totally want my Sims in another family to stand on the edge of the lot when I return, meaning they missed work technically and lost performance. BOO!!!

This is a bug cause when the game first came out sims your not playing wouldn't be standing outside when you switch back to them.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »

This is a bug cause when the game first came out sims your not playing wouldn't be standing outside when you switch back to them.

It was still happening just four months ago. It happened again last week.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yep, I've complained about this before -- quite a long time ago, as it's been happening for a very long time now. I play rotationally, and that's the biggest issue for me -- that my Sims keep taking (rather LARGE!) hits to work performance because when you rotate to a lot, the Sims are recalled to the sidewalk rather than being at work if it's during their work time.

I'm certainly open for various solutions -- which is to say, if they can't make it so 'at work' Sims are actually at work when they should be, that they -must- be brought to the lot, then maybe they could just look to see if there's been a recent 'lot load' and if so, drop the penalties for missing work that day. Something like that. There must be some option that would work.

Until then, I may have to look into the possibility of a cheat mod to raise their work performance back up, if there is one. (I try not to do a lot of cheating of stuff like that, but at this point it's a fix, not a cheat, in this instance.)

Edit: I do try to leave one lot at a time of day that should hopefully not lead to this circumstance as often, but honestly, that gets to be a real pain, and given the widely varied work times, there's only a window in the wee hours of the night that really works all the time.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2016
    Between the whole Sims loading on the sidewalk thing, along with relationship culling, it's hard to play rotationally right now without MC Command Center to at least put a cork in the culling. It doesn't solve the issue with the family loading outside, but that's a bug and is also inconsistent because sometimes when I switch families, the people who are supposed to be at work or school are actually there as they should be, other times they're all at home out on the sidewalk. Like others have suggested, it can help to switch households during a time of day where everyone is supposed to be at home. Although it is also annoying to have everyone out of bed at 3 am with nearly full energy bars. :neutral:

Anyway, I hope they fix these problems as rotational play is an important part of the game for many people.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited February 2016
    Between the whole Sims loading on the sidewalk thing, along with relationship culling, it's hard to play rotationally right now without MC Command Center to at least put a cork in the culling. It doesn't solve the issue with the family loading outside, but that's a bug and is also inconsistent because sometimes when I switch families, the people who are supposed to be at work or school are actually there as they should be, other times they're all at home out on the sidewalk. Like others have suggested, it can help to switch households during a time of day where everyone is supposed to be at home. Although it is also annoying to have everyone out of bed at 3 am with nearly full energy bars. :neutral:

Anyway, I hope they fix these problems as rotational play is an important part of the game for many people.

You forgot to mention the friendship culling as well. :expressionless: *sigh* And yeah.... full energy and 1.00am... hate that. Seriously agree that without mods it is becoming impossible to play rotationally any one game file for a decent length of time.

*edited: forgot the word 'rotationally' :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It happens after you manage your worlds as well. I can't edit, build, or place a lot without the entire household resetting.
    I really hope that they fix this issue soon.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

You forgot to mention the friendship culling as well. :expressionless: *sigh* And yeah.... full energy and 1.00am... hate that. Seriously agree that without mods it is becoming impossible to play any one game file for a decent length of time.

Yes, and it's not even just switching households, but returning home from another lot at a late hour, everyone else in the house is awake, full energy bars, etc. If my sim comes home from clubbing, for example, at 1am, everyone else should be in bed sleeping, not up cooking food or playing video games...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

You forgot to mention the friendship culling as well. :expressionless: *sigh* And yeah.... full energy and 1.00am... hate that. Seriously agree that without mods it is becoming impossible to play any one game file for a decent length of time.

Yes, and it's not even just switching households, but returning home from another lot at a late hour, everyone else in the house is awake, full energy bars, etc. If my sim comes home from clubbing, for example, at 1am, everyone else should be in bed sleeping, not up cooking food or playing video games...

Ugh, this annoys me so much, too. I'm not overly control-freaky with my Sims, but I don't like them going to bed too early or waking up at odd hours of the night. But every time another Sim returns to the lot at a late hour, everyone is awake and doing random stuff (usually all trying to cook at the same time :unamused: )even if they had been asleep before that. This is annoying in large households as you then have to send everyone back to bed manually, and sometimes their energy is so full that they won't stay in bed for long.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • greenmorekgreenmorek Posts: 63 Member
    I actually noticed this issue earlier. Its such a pain!
    nOw9z6f.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Switching households also makes married sims cheat.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Yeah, the best way to play rotationally is to switch households at like 5am each time.

I also wish you could put sims in bed when they're left at home. It really bothers me especially if I leave kids home with a grandparent or "babysitter" and send the parents out on a date, and when they get home the kids are still running around at 1am with full energy. Totally breaks the immersion.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    It's a little annoying, but I too try to leave my sims in the early am so they aren't missing work, but if I send one out late at night I also have that Problem of the others not sleeping... I have tried to make some lots with beds and computers and stuff in the basements so I can bring some of mine along and put them to sleep or in bed while my other is out meeting people or having a club gathering somewhere.
  • kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    edited February 2016
    I really hope they fix this soon because it is so frustrating. We shouldn't have to make sure we switch households in the middle of the night each time, it simply SHOULDN NOT be happening! If Sims are supposed to be at work or school at that time, then that's where they should be when you load up the household. So sick of the performance and pay losses thanks to them having to rush off to school or work, when they only have like an hour left before hometime anyway.

Agree with the above too, super annoying when you have adult Sims go out for the night, and come back home late only to find everyone still awake and full of energy. There should be options when you click on their icon, along with the usual "Care for self" there should be "Go to bed" and "Complete homework" for kids and teens, because they rarely seem to do it autonomously while you're away from home.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Yeah, the best way to play rotationally is to switch households at like 5am each time.

I also wish you could put sims in bed when they're left at home. It really bothers me especially if I leave kids home with a grandparent or "babysitter" and send the parents out on a date, and when they get home the kids are still running around at 1am with full energy. Totally breaks the immersion.

As they added a code to make the Sims you invite to spend the nigh actually sleep they can add a code to make the Sims you leave at night at home sleep. I use a mod for this, but my system has some flaws. The problem is that the Sims you leave at home doesn't exist in the simulation and their need are randomized, my system is cheating their energy to full red before leaving the lot I'm visiting and, just to be safe, to be sure to put all the other need in full green. I often found them going to bed when I go home (and not always the same bed, since it seems like the game reset the bed ownership when you leave the lot, or at least the double bed one, so I also have to make sure that only the owner of the bed is allowed in the room.