Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody still play The Sims 3?

I feel like nobody plays the sims 3 since 4 came out.

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, it is the new game after all ;) A lot of players in this section do still play Sims 3 though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Not a one. ;) Obviously yes, as this active board suggests. LOL
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yes i still play it regularly. sims 4 doesnt interest me
  • onthefenceonthefence Posts: 29 Member
    I still play Sims 3 all the time and I still prefer it!! :)
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Adoris94 wrote: »

Once in a while I'll play Sims 4. It just doesn't interest me for more than about 20 minutes. Then I go back to TS3. :lol:
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I have returned to S3 and am totally addicted again. Somehow since the last patches and Win10 my game runs much smoother and stable.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    play it every single day - and will for a very long time to come.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    While I do enjoy The Sims 4 the truth is that it neglects storytellers and family players alike. I created a brand new bundle of joy named Snowball Hufflepuff and he's the cutest toddler I've ever seen. A feature I now appreciate even more in The Sims 3 considering what happens to them in the future. In fact I just moved my new household into Twinbrook a world I haven't played in ages so I'm looking forward to the game play tonight! @Adoris94
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 is nothing more than a buggy mess with an Open World that causes lag with life less and robotic Sims that stand there and do nothing all day what so ever!

That considering your PC is more than 10 years old, all your Sims where Simbots who had died while the remaining Sims have been left with no free will...

As for me, I love the game ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    it's good this forum exists to reassure people that yes indeed we still play sims 3 :)
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

There are a whole lot of people who do not play Sims 4. I bought it, tried it and shelved it. I've been back to Sims 3 since then.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Become more active on this forum and you'll see plenty of us simmers still enjoy TS3.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Adoris94Adoris94 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have most of the TS3 Expansion packs and i have TS3, I just find TS4 more amusing.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    I have most of the TS3 Expansion packs and i have TS3, I just find TS4 more amusing.

Then might I ask what was the point of this thread? If you find TS4 more amusing then I recommend playing it. As for the activity of TS3 players a person doesn't even need to be an active member on this forum to see the rate at which posts are made. That alone indicates there is decent activity in this section of the forum which is indicative of people playing the game.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    When sims 4 came out, at first, I HAD to have it (before all the reviews and trying it myself obviously) and for my budget, it was hard to get it at launch for the price, at the time it seemed worth it. In hindsight it was not worth it, and I regret it.
    I play pretty much only Sims 3. 4 has nothing to offer me, the novelty wore off, the fake emotions are terrifying when I see them in action now.
    I could go on.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited February 2016
    I still play TS3 whenever I'm not playing WoW... :smiley: Plus I haven't brought TS4 yet and don't know if I ever will as I love the open world too much, watching my Sims drive around in cars, ride their bikes/horses/brooms everywhere, swimming in the oceans/ponds and swimming to islands that may be in the world that I'm playing. I love having toddlers in the game even though I have only played a family with toddlers once as I haven't really been past the 1st generations of Sims. And that one time was for a toddler contest that I entered in on a Facebook group that I belong to.... :smiley: I also love playing my Supernatural Sims as I have always loved reading books and/or watching shows/movies about vampires/werewolves such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, True Blood, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Van Helsing... :smiley:
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member

Once in a while I'll play Sims 4. It just doesn't interest me for more than about 20 minutes. Then I go back to TS3. :lol:

Me too. I think the longest I've played is an hour. I always go back to 3, or 2. I've actually been playing 2 for the past week.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Ah. So you were bored?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2016
    @BSIRegina Would you mind telling me about the adblock thing in your siggy?
    Love TS3, I play as soon as I have the opportunity...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yep. I still play regularly. It's my go-to Sim game because I love things like the customization tools and the overall freedom. I tried 4 but found it dull. It just doesn't appeal to my play style.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    jillbg wrote: »

Just google ad block and pick one that suits. I have it too and it works wonders keeping ads out of my life and I'd forgotten about those gifs in signatures.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Aw try to be nice to the OP. I'm sure they didn't mean to offend anyone.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    jillbg wrote: »

Haha. It looks like Karritz beat me to the punch. I get all distracted by the animation and can't focus when something bouncing around near the text I'm trying to read.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)