Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you settle for no create a world if

2...Next

Comments

• pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I am a horrible builder so not having CAW has little impact on me, but I would still enjoy it so that the simmers who enjoy building can have a good outlet for their creativity (and so i can download their worlds and reap the fruits of their labor lol).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2015
    I am a horrible builder so not having CAW has little impact on me, but I would still enjoy it so that the simmers who enjoy building can have a good outlet for their creativity (and so i can download their worlds and reap the fruits of their labor lol).
    I agree, even though I am good with apps I felt CAW was a little too hard to navigate and I would have to spend a lot time with it(happens with most apps) So I just waited for those creations to pop out and use theirs for my end. You can use other people's lots but not their neighborhoods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have good reason to believe you guys will not get either - judging from the game data files this game is not on an editable map, and seeing it is not a standard map but each little hood is a separate entity just floating in space and not what you see in the drawing at all. Sims 2 and Sims 3 were editable because they were actual maps. The spaces in between the little hoods do not really exist in the sense of a map per sec - and appears to be simply an art concept of what the world would look like if it was an actual map. Unless I am reading the game data files wrong and not seeing each little hood as a separate floating entity - then that is how I see it - but the game data files indicate other wise at this point. They would have to change the whole map from what I see to an actual real map like either Sims 2 or Sims 3 to make it changeable by the user.

Looking at it again - they could possibly give you more New Crest type maps to build yourself, but I am can't see any other way they could do it. Hopefully I am just reading the data file wrong. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have good reason to believe you guys will not get either - judging from the game data files this game is not on an editable map, and seeing it is not a standard map but each little hood is a separate entity just floating in space and not what you see in the drawing at all. Sims 2 and Sims 3 were editable because they were actual maps. The spaces in between the little hoods do not really exist in the sense of a map per sec - and appears to be simply an art concept of what the world would look like if it was an actual map. Unless I am reading the game data files wrong and not seeing each little hood as a separate floating entity - then that is how I see it - but the game data files indicate other wise at this point. They would have to change the whole map from what I see to an actual real map like either Sims 2 or Sims 3 to make it changeable by the user.

Looking at it again - they could possibly give you more New Crest type maps to build yourself, but I am can't see any other way they could do it. Hopefully I am just reading the data file wrong. LOL.

actually you not read wrong, i talked about it, about how a caw can be possible here
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853202/sims-4-caw-how-it-gonna-work#latest
    currently sims 4 world structury is very different from sims 2 and 3, that was made to make the game more "soft" and less tax on low end machines, they where not lying when they told which this game is targeted to lower end machines, they take a lot of steps to reduce how the game is taxing on machines.

removing big worlds and creating mini worlds(the hoods)
    creating a limit in max sims in the world and reducing the amount of sims spawnning in game, everything was to make the game the most "soft possible" to be able to run on most pc specs possible.

sims 4 was designed to be the "more potatoes" friendly possible.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Builder here. Would love CAW.

@Ellessarr Aye I think we talked about it too somewhere else, can't remember. The more I was thinking about it, the more I realized I think it's doable. Doable...is that a word? It is now. Anyways...yes CAW.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Baenre wrote: »
    Builder here. Would love CAW.

@Ellessarr Aye I think we talked about it too somewhere else, can't remember. The more I was thinking about it, the more I realized I think it's doable. Doable...is that a word? It is now. Anyways...yes CAW.
    yep, a caw still possible but not gonna be the "flower" which was in sims 2 or 3 and neither so easy for maxis to do and probably not gonna be something which all builders will be happy as they where in sims 2 and sims 3, it's just a matter of "engineer limit and that is the big problem in sims 4, the current egineer is very limited and was done in a fast and not good way to have the game ready as soon as possible and that is the "letdown of this game for many peoples.

maxis is working with a extreme limited and poor designed engineer where they can make "basic things" but much more complext works or will be impossible or how as they keep saying "too difficult and expensive".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    It is extremely restrictive, I agree with that. I knew if it was do-able, it wouldn't be what some of us were used to with its predecessors. I know TS3 CAW took a lot of effort for me personally to learn but once I got it, it was on and fell in love with being a builder. But even if it is do-able, I still feel like it wouldn't be made, sadly.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,464 Member
    Oh, man, and here I thought the question was going to be would you settle for no create-a-world tool, if they gave us toddlers …
    I have to say, to keep it on topic, better, that while I did download the CAW tool, and did the research, that the learning curve was just too much for my poor beleaguered brain. For me, it was an Epic fail. I liked the idea of it, but settled for player-made towns by those far more talented than I. Oh, I would go in and do the minor edits — bulldoze a house here, add my own there. That sort of thing. So, yeah, being able to tweak the public areas might be fun. I was never one to go in and entirely re-do a whole town. I'd much rather spend that time playing the game. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    Right now I'd take any variation other than what we currently have for neighborhoods. I'd prefer a CAW, but at this point I'd settle for anything that gave me at least SOME measure of world control. The gnomes have been given way too much leeway and have a monopoly on building rights.
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Is this what you meant by The Sims 4 floating illusion worlds?:
    10286831_1565109730481888_7133210298776167684_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
    12371240_1565109770481884_7354077466215577338_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    It's just ridiculous not being able to edit those neighbourhood areas. Poor @marcellala has ended up with a discarded homework book sat on a park picnic bench for generations because the game never erases it and she can't edit anything to get rid of it either.

Yeahhh...There it is...always lurking in the backround, creepingly watching my children play...I decided to give it a name today, seeing as we have to deal with each other as long as my legacy family lives in this neighbourhood: Steven.
    afb580d8-0bbf-4140-bdb7-f28d1ef02039_zpsnhf4bs8w.png

Jokes aside, just let me frigging delete it, EA!

That made my day! He's got a name. Like PewDiePie with Barrels, Mr. Chair and Stephano. :smiley:
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd rather a CAW; even though, I never used it in Sims 3. I was never good at creating worlds in Sims 2, or three... I definitely want World Creators to have that option. Plus, those such talented Simmers made my game so pretty. ♥ and I MISS having unique worlds in the game.... I would love a world creator where I could actually learn and make my own. Probablyyyy.. wouldn't release the first couple.. since I know it would be horrid.. lol, but I think it would be fun to try to create my own worlds.

Plus, we need to be able to add props to the world.. like we could in Sims 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love the colors that the maps have now.... but... it's too 2D. TOO flat. :( Too plain.. as well. I miss seeing Flying birds, planes, *well.. I think there is a plane in 4? O_o), and things like Hot Air Balloons, Flying Pigs, hehe.. :p

Maybe they're saving it for when we can finally make all kinds of stuff like "A house on a hill", or something like that... I think this would be a great edition to builders.. because they already make some really amazing stuff.. would love to see what they could do with a couple of tools that would allow them to create terrain that isn't flat. ^-^
  • twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    I attempted to use CAW but I never could get the hang of it. I did edit all of my worlds though and for the most part that was enough for me at the time. That being said the worlds are so small in the sims 4 that I wish they would give us a world creator program of some sorts because even if I couldn't figure it out, I would be able to download beautiful worlds by simmers that had the talent and patience to create them.

I am all for more content even if it's not something that suits how I play. That's what's great about this series, there's something for everyone. Most of the time even if it's not something I want very bad I still benefit from it in some way. I will never understand why people are against having choices.
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I never used CAW
    I never used more than the main world in Sims 2 and Sims 3 because I always played with my sims in one save and one place to meet each other and get to know each other.

With Sims 4 I would be interested in CAW not to use it myself but to see what kind of worlds other players can make. If there is no CAW ever made I would be more interested in EA offering DLC worlds than editing community lots.

But again getting the option to edit community lots is a good thing.

EA let the good things come our way. The best thing is to have CAW + Edit community lots + DLC world. The more the better.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    @Ellessarr @OneAdorkableGirl @twilight_aerith @halimali1980 The worlds are unique, and CAW looks pretty impossible with how they're designed:
    The world's are made to be unique illusions, paper flat structures crafted into place above a void.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @zeldagirl180 Yes, I fully support you on this! :) I wish we could edit the public areas to our liking, meaning all the areas where our Sims can now walk and move around in. I'm not talking about the backdrops or land areas where you get a red-circle slash where they can't go. One concern though, would be to watch out for existing spawners--I would think it would not be a good idea to put something over the top of those that interfered with them.
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Yes, I feel like the new "neighbourhoods" or whatever you want to call them lack freedom, there's none available. But annoyingly why to settle for less when we had the whole shebang on the previous edition of the Sims.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @Ellessarr @OneAdorkableGirl @twilight_aerith @halimali1980 The worlds are unique, and CAW looks pretty impossible with how they're designed:
    The world's are made to be unique illusions, paper flat structures crafted into place above a void.

I prefer it this way. Unless you're zooming out in tab free roam you'll literally NEVER notice it. It reduces the lag and reduces the amount of time needed to work on worlds meaning more content elsewhere.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I'd love anything that lets me add new worlds and allows me to create them a bit myself. CAW would be preferred, but I'd settle for some presets that I can play with and edit and add to my game as a new world. I'd like the option to make the world a desert world, or forest or beach world. I'd want to be able to pick the housing style in the background, whether its close to a city or not etc.

Of course thats not to say I wouldn't want to be able to edit the community spaces in any of the existing worlds. (like that area in Newcrest.....) I wouldn't settle for it though if EA could provide us with some way we could create our own worlds.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

When I said unique, I meant.. everyone's world is the same. WE can't add anything to it. We can't take stuff away, everyone has the same size lots. It's not unique at all. We can't add different props, we can't add things to the 'ocean', or the sky.

I love the backdrops. I think they help with pictures. It's better than a never-ending blue sky and green grass.. like Sims 2, but I still loved Sims 2. =P I think it's better that instead of the blurred buildings we got in Sims 2, we have a bit more detailed look. But..I don't know.

Could be cool, if they allowed us to make our own back-drops, I suppose. Just wish we were able to place lot sizes down. Wish we had more space, and choices to make our "Willow Creek" different than someone else's Willow Creek... that's all I meant. (:

When I said unique, I meant.. everyone's world is the same. WE can't add anything to it. We can't take stuff away, everyone has the same size lots. It's not unique at all. We can't add different props, we can't add things to the 'ocean', or the sky.

I love the backdrops. I think they help with pictures. It's better than a never-ending blue sky and green grass.. like Sims 2, but I still loved Sims 2. =P I think it's better that instead of the blurred buildings we got in Sims 2, we have a bit more detailed look. But..I don't know.

Could be cool, if they allowed us to make our own back-drops, I suppose. Just wish we were able to place lot sizes down. Wish we had more space, and choices to make our "Willow Creek" different than someone else's Willow Creek... that's all I meant. (:

Our Willow Creeks may be the same place, but what custom buildings we make there and our sims inhabiting the world can be made different from one another. I would like the stage tool in the game, and body hair along with highlights for hair. :o
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited February 2016
    Would you settle for not having a create a world in sims 4 if we could edit every bit of community places in our game? Basically a giant grid we can add items too. I get that create a world would be prefferred but I'd love to have this.

Yes. Basically we could do this with TS2. CAW was way to complicated. I prefer the TS2 method.
    edited February 2016
    @catloverplayer
    I've never played The Sims 2, but I did watch my old friend play it one day on my Nintendo GameCube. I still remember the two woman, an Adult and Elder. She had them living in this shack with everything breaking, they were so cheap. I thought how weird the sim's language was, and laughed. It was a good laugh, and I like that about The Sims today. They still give me a good laugh. :)
    Post edited by Tarruvi on