Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WANTED: Stage/Platform Tool for Building Stairs - Sims 2 Style

Comments

• Silvija0506Silvija0506 Posts: 9 New Member
    I completely agree with you. And also want to mention ROUND stairs too which I also miss very much.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    This is another example of The Sims 2's stage tool at work:
    24zloq8.jpg
    It's gorgeous. :love:

Agree! That Sims 2 platform tool was so versatile as seen in that pic. <3
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @Pamhamlet
    It would be cool if we could make a leveled garden, just leading up many floors like this:
    f44d28b70fed08d3a7e3b715ff038db2.jpg
    496803878899212047a1dd8f574e2085.jpg
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @Tarruvi Yes. Maybe the fact that we can't alter terrain would prevent using that type of stairs outdoors, although I love the look. B) But indoors I sure hope Maxis can figure out a way to make it work. I MISS it so much.

Thank you and everyone for your continued support! :)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've always wanted these types of stairs. <3 . <3
    Imagine the possibilities when creating new builds! I'm glad this thread was revived, because we definitely need more stair-flexibility.
    @Pamhamlet
    It's no problem, bringing the stage tool back would be extraordinary.
    @DevilNDisguise
    Grand staircases, split leveling, and build mode heaven. :smiley:
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I would love it if they added this.
    edited February 2016
    @yelly201 @bokylie1 @joleaco @haituva @rochelimit @Dannydanbo @OoohDeath
    A Stage height scale, it could work like how the Foundation's height scale works.
    Or, like how half-walls work. With the ability to have many half-walls of various heights on one floor, so we can have the same ability with the stages. :)
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    If you notice, the Sims 2 floor has a thickness. In Sims 4, the floor has no thickness, like a paper, wth. Maxis needs architect in their team! they can't even think about architectural logic.
    A Stage height scale, it could work like how the Foundation's height scale works.
    Or, like how half-walls work. With the ability to have many half-walls of various heights on one floor, so we can have the same ability with the stages. :)

gasp, Sims 4 game developer are so stupid I can't even
    rochelimit wrote: »

It was only an idea. Ideas are just floating bubbles on the wind. :)

But, this feature would take some time to work on: Setting the stairs in place, where the platforms can are able to be placed(tall rooms = tall platform availability, like: tall windows do), and how sims and objects interact with the stage/stairs. :o
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

But, this feature would take some time to work on: Setting the stairs in place, where the platforms can are able to be placed(tall rooms = tall platform availability, like: tall windows do), and how sims and objects interact with the stage/stairs. :o

They can just simplify it like they did in TS2 where you couldn't place windows over a stage and or a door over a stage. It still allowed me to build the kind of stair cases I wanted and the type of split levels I wanted.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I don't understand why these type of stairs weren't included in this game. It took forever for them to add them to Sims 3, only to not have them again. The platform and stairs was a important part of my builds. And the use of the color wheel to make things match.
    @vcosley
    There's a new engine used in The Sims 4, and I would guess they're scaling the idea of how or if stage platforms should work. :o
    Peter Griffin's, Stan Smith's, and Cleveland Brown's houses all have landings. I just noticed that, and can't build their houses. D:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In S3, I used spiral stairs to replace stairs with landings. Hopefully we'll get them soon.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I just want them to add something like this in and create different heights we can choose like for half-walls. I also want to see how they would work this out with the wall scaling and if they'll make so different wall heighted rooms can be on the same floor, or if they'll just keep all of the floor the same height and just place the platform without allowing regular walls to be placed on it.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Agreed. Spiral stairs are required as well.
    There's this weird thing going on with making void in Sims 4 as well. Like you will have the roof flood into the room if you introduce a fence that is connected to the wall... so annoying
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Pamhamlet
    It would be cool if we could make a leveled garden, just leading up many floors like this:
    f44d28b70fed08d3a7e3b715ff038db2.jpg
    496803878899212047a1dd8f574e2085.jpg

Yes, yes, YES to this! I have been thinking about a platform a lot lately. We NEED this back!
    I was building a garden in the game, and I thought about this thread. An elevated garden is a part of my dream build. :heart:
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't remember this at all from ts2....I've been looking through build/buy mode and I can't find anything. Are you talking about the foundation tool? Because that takes cheats to make work...I'm confuzzled...

Nvm...google found it. I didn't realise that's what that was...I thought it was just another foundation. You learn something new every day I guess.
    @SuicidalSpiders
    Right! Would it not be neat if it was added to build mode? The possibilities! Elevated Gardens, L-Shaped Staircases, Rocking the Night away on a Stage, and more! :heart: