Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading Lots

BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
Hi, I'm trying to download a home for my sims and everything I've seen says to double click the file and it will download, but when I do this my computer asks me what I would like to open the file with.

wegt_zps4tyzvd9u.png

Any suggestions?
sims 2&3 my beloved♥

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I would try using the sims 2 clean installer. Double clicking the sims2pack works on older computers but maybe it doesn't on Windows 8 + ... i haven't tried yet myself.

Ive only used the clean installer for whole sims, but you should be able to do it for lots as well. You can find tutorials for it on modthesims.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    What type of file is it? Is it a RAR file? If it's a ZIP file, your computer will know exactly what to do with it, but if it's not a ZIP, it will ask you exactly what your computer is asking (according to your image). RAR files can be handled by winRAR, but there are a lot of bad programs out there pretending to be/extract this type of file. If you are going to use winRAR, the 'only' place to get it from is rarlab.com (it's the real deal. official site. it will also likely handle most other compressed files).

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Keep clicking on more options until you're able to find the sims 2 pack installer-thing that comes with the game. I'm not on my computer right now otherwise I would tell you the exact location of it.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Where it says "More Options" go to-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin and choose PackageInstaller.exe

I would also like to suggest the Clean Installer to make sure you don't get any extra Sims in the house or CC you don't want.
    http://modthesims.info/d/409950
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Yeah, downloading houses especially if there's CC furniture having the Clean Installer can help you to toss anything you might not actually see yourself using.