Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Changed Their Looks and Ruined His Life!

Sometimes I feel like I've gotten an experimental copy of this game. You know the one which has all the 'stuff' they were going to put in but later changed their minds about.

The creators of this game said the Sims could "see" each other, then they said Sims do not judge physical appearance (which means they consider personality, traits ect; right? I still have to keep in mind these are the same folks that said "A teenager and young adult couldn't fall for each other and Sims don't get depressed." But, I digress.

Anyhow, once upon a time, I decided I was going to try my hand at machinima making (just to see if I could). I created my Sims and set about training them to their roles. I wanted my machinima to be a natural one (more documentary style), which meant my Sims had to be who I said they were (musicians had to play music, writers had to learn to write and so on). I was working with three Sims, Christian (my lead) and (Juan & Lillian) supporting cast.

Since I do not play rotation, each Sim was developed in their own 'save game file'. I would use library files of them when I needed to put them into the others world (save game) to get 'shots' of them. The library file is the one which is created after you leave CAS. When I put Juan and Lillian into Christian's game they were always used as townies and not merged into the household; I did the same when I put Christian into their game.

Every time I used Juan & Lillian's file in Christian's game the couple were very loving, extremely affectionate towards each other; they behaved like a happily married couple and it was fun to watch them in the background.

I was in the process of recording one 'segment' where Christian and Juan were in the park together when I noticed that placed side-by-side they looked almost exactly alike. Juan and his wife were always in the background so I had not seen them up-close side by side. Plus, they were always in different clothing so I never noticed the similarity.

Christian is a single Sim and Juan was happily married; to avoid confusion of the two characters I sent Juan and Lillian back into CAS and rebuilt them from their (bin) files. I had to rebuild her as well to 'balance' the couples looks. I changed nothing about the two except for their looks, everything else I left the same. I put them back in game expecting them to be the same and boy was in for a shock. Juan was still head over heels crazy for Lillian but she no longer liked him. Not only did she not like him anymore but she went out of her way to keep him at bay. She didn't want him talking to her nor touching her. Eventually, I had to divorce them. I do not understand what happened.

I was wondering if physical features have 'attractive' rating assigned to them; if not I don't know what to make of this. Has anyone experienced this type of behavior? I know over time Sims can 'fall out of love' or change their minds about a partner but this was just too quick.

Comments

• Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Huh, strange. Maybe it was because of the looks... I want that experimental version. Where'd you get it?
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @KatNipples - If you have the original disk, then you already have it. ;)

Heck, at this point I want the Sims everyone else seems to be playing with; mine seem to act a little 'too real' for me at times. :D
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Interesting! I think I'm going to experiment with this..
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2016
    The attractive has always been just traits

sounds like you got a bug. I have had it where married couples don't want to touch their spouse. Usually its the female that does not want to be touched. Deleting cashe files usually fixes this http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 - I do clear the cache files as part of my game maintenance. This wasn't a bug as her attitude continued throughout the entire time I played with them; until I divorced them. I tried several things to try to get her to 'like' him again including having a child (that was all Juan's idea, I just agreed to it). Lillian didn't budge, she wanted out of her marriage and away from Juan! He even tried flirting with his best friend in front of her face (in their home) and she didn't care. In fact, all she cared about was the fact they were blocking the fridge. (I'll post those pictures 'cause it was too funny)

However, Game Karma is something else, about a week after their divorce Lillian's freedom was cut short when story progression 'gave' her a child; suddenly Juan didn't seem so bad. A few Sim weeks later, not only was she able to talk to him and 'liked' him again but wanted to 'go back home'. Juan happily accepted her back and now I'm watching as they raise two kids and re-discover each other all over again.
  • Options
    Okay, I put up a sort of timeline for this family. I also captioned the titles to help tell the tale. Just hover over the picture and the title/captions should pop-up.

Here's The Link:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/albums/72157662478690113

-Enjoy