Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever edit your Sims child appearence?

13...Next

Comments

• kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    The first thing I do when babies age up into children is send them to a mirror to change appearance. Initially to put some better clothes on or change hair, as they almost always seem to age up into some horribly mismatched outfit. But while I'm there, I put cas.fulleditmode on and age them up again to see what they will look like as a Young Adult. They don't have to be beautiful, but as long as they are at least decent looking, then they will be left alone, because I do feel a little bad about not just accepting how they are! However some less fortunate Sims require a little bit of tweaking. I never edit child sims facial features - as I think they're all cute -only their future older selves.

and Sims Confession here: SOMETIMES, when the situation is bad enough, I will just "Play with genetics" until a decent looking Sim is generated, give them same name as the original kid, delete the original kid, age new Sim back down to child. Parents don't suspect a thing :*
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't edit the facial features, but I do edit the clothes, hair, and give them custom eyes and skin always :smile: . Now when they hit teen I tend to do a little more tweaking, although as embarrassing as this is, I rarely have teens anymore because I rotate to a new family every single time I start my game. It's really bizarre and it's something I have been doing since Sims 3 , I don't know anyone who plays like this and it even frustrates me sometimes that I do this. I will only play a sim once MAYBE twice and then I won't touch them again for months or sometimes years (in the case of Sims 3). It's bizarre and I have no idea why I do that. I have been a little better about it in Sims 4 and I have tried playing a little longer. I, am sad to say, have never gotten a sim from birth to elder without cheating the age.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I always change clothes, I often change hair style, I sometimes change hair or eye colour (but always into a colour of one of the parents or grandparents) and I never ever change features.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    i leave all sim kids with whatever they get, usually i'm fine with them all but i once had a sim born that really made me itch to play god with her face. she had NO chin. but i stuck it out just to see what she would look like as a teen, if a chin would magically appear. it didn't.

screenshots of her as a kid, then as a teen and of her mum+dad, they have chins!!

kid:
    29e2n2d.jpg2aadjf7.jpg

teen:
    14nfzo1.jpg2nlwlk4.jpg

parents WITH chins:
    zivdw1.jpg2irmf7p.jpg

oh and just about the funniest thing is, that her name is ginny. im not kidding, the girl with no chin is called ginny.
    simming on through.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Just hair styles and clothes, never facial features. I like to have to have diversity and genetic is giving me that.

YES.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    glorifica wrote: »
    i leave all sim kids with whatever they get, usually i'm fine with them all but i once had a sim born that really made me itch to play god with her face. she had NO chin. but i stuck it out just to see what she would look like as a teen, if a chin would magically appear. it didn't.

screenshots of her as a kid, then as a teen and of her mum+dad, they have chins!!

kid:
    29e2n2d.jpg2aadjf7.jpg

teen:
    14nfzo1.jpg2nlwlk4.jpg

parents WITH chins:
    zivdw1.jpg2irmf7p.jpg

oh and just about the funniest thing is, that her name is ginny. im not kidding, the girl with no chin is called ginny.

I got a chinless daughter too from parents who definitely had chins. None of their three other children had that problem. Odd.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I gave my sim's chinless daughter a chin in CAS when she became a teen. Otherwise I wont touch any features but hair and outfits.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    just clothes, hair and makeup. I don't edit them beyond that.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    dafadolly wrote: »
    I always check to see what they're gonna look like as a young adult and edit them to look good if they don't already, then switch em back to children. I do this as soon as they age up to children which is probably bad lol. I guess I like to play God

I do the exact same thing! XD

Am I missing something? I've never been able to do this in the CAS cheat mode. It won't let me change their age.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'll change hair (not color, unless they aged into CC that is not their original color), I put CC eyes on them that match their real color, and their clothes. Even when they are pretty unfortunate looking, I don't change their structure/features.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MasonGamer wrote: »
    All the time, I've even deleted the child and remade a new one from scratch or downloaded "plan B" from my Library.
    I'm literally laughing out loud right now! :D
    Happy Simming! <3
  • allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    CAS.fulleditmode is my life.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I ALWAYS edit their clothing and hair because in all the time I have been playing the game not once has a child ever had nice clothes. I don't like to mess with their physical appearance because ugly or not I just feel like how they turn out looking is how they should stay. I'm a big fan of genetics :)