March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Song That Existed To Not Exist In Existence Is Driving Me Crazy....

Music is also what attracts me to The Sims. Not just the builds, the stories that I and many other Simmers create but I do love listening to the music as well. Some songs as most hardcore Simmers know are Simlish versions of an actual song but there are others that are exclusive to just The Sims such as Mayzie Grobe or Gobba Bweezie. However, there is one song I discovered last night that I honestly never knew was even in the game. As if one night it just poof! Just appeared.

The song is called "Stand" by Syrus! I honestly have no idea where this song came from. It's in the pop section but I don't know which game/expansion it came with. I want to know because I wanted to download it just like the many other songs I've downloaded that came from The Sims 4. But that's the thing. It doesn't exist. Every song that you find in the music section in game options can be found somewhere on the internet especially on youtube but this song just doesn't exist. Like I can't find it in searches on youtube basically anywhere. Does anyone know where "Stand" by Syrus came from and if it's a Sims 4 exclusive? This is just that "must have" song. That song where you just can't rest until it's in your ears....sigh...

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    The title of this thread made me lol. Also, even the Sims wiki doesn't list that song as one of the songs in-game. Weird. I wonder if it came in an update or something, or with one of the recent stuff packs. But you're right in that it can't seem to be found online, at least in my five minutes of googling. I wonder if they have the songs name or artist labeled incorrectly.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @StarlingGray Now why didn't I think of that. Maybe the name is not the same! Oh well thanks for trying though! I don't even know where that song came from honestly!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Isn't Syrus a metal band?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Looks like he does music for videogames. The only thing they have listed for him on that last site is a DAI album (nice music, btw).
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Yes, that is a very nice song, OP. I have always loved the music in Sims' games, and had special favorites through the years. Right now one I love listening to is "Zumbray" on the Romance station. So wistfully pretty. I wish our Sims could slow dance to it. <3
  • ginoukginouk Posts: 4 New Member
    Now i know I am really late but...i have the song Stand by syrus(i recorded it but it has an amazing quality).The problem is I don't think i can post it 'cause i'm not a VIP(or whatever) plus it's a WAV file(So in case you have any idea how to upload it here,please do tell).However,you can record it yourself using MagixMusicMakerSilver.It's free and really easy.All you have to do is play the song in the background,record it and tadaaa!
  • alitayy91alitayy91 Posts: 1 New Member
    Look up 'Les Sims™ 4 OST - Stand (Pop)' on Youtube.
    Also, it came with the movie stuff pack. (I'm not implying that you use keepvid to download the mp3 or anything like that... >.>)

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2016

Could it be a play on the Miley Cyrus song Stand? Just curious. its the only thing I could come up with. I think it might actually be her dad's song but maybe not...
    Never mind. I just listened to both versions on youtube and they are clearly not the same song or even similar really. I just thought maybe the name similarities might be a clue. Guess not.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.