March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UL no compatible with other EP? Get Together wins!

Now I take challenge of play both The Sims 4 and The Sims 3 (after some tricks at Windows 10 to make it more smooth)

I no noticed before Get Together (TS4) but University Life social groups are not compatible with activities of other Expansion Packs

Now than I think better (after some drinks of course) I believe than Alchemy from Supernatural should add points to Geeks social group

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Note to self: don't post on forums when intoxicated

ROFL :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I'm really curious as to what this post was meant to express, lmao.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Why?
    too much EP incompatibilities
    Paparazis can be plumbots, but no simbots!
    I use simbotification elixir on a paparazzi... he moves and talk as a simbot, but still look as a normal sim

Than only University Life activities add points for social groups
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Why?
    too much EP incompatibilities
    Paparazis can be plumbots, but no simbots!
    I use simbotification elixir on a paparazzi... he moves and talk as a simbot, but still look as a normal sim

I want whatever you're having. B)
    leo3487 wrote: »

Than only University Life activities add points for social groups

Quote to myself to add some examples I could add for compatibilities with Unversity Life and:
    • Into the Future: Plumbot making should be a nerd activity
    • Supernatural: Alchemy could be for nerds or rebels
    • Generations: Teens at a boarding school could have a chance to return with lvl 2 of a social group (depending the school), and teens doing pranks at certain public lots could raise their rebel points
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think I get this crazy person.
    And I'm not even drunk
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    what you do mean..dsfsfsdfsdfs *snore* *walks into lamppost*
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I understand what the OP is saying! I've seen people mention that singers from Showtime can't join the bands from Late Night, for example (I can't vouch for that because I don't have Showtime). There are details in which the EPs could have been joined together more cohesively. The only part I don't understand is what Get Together has to do with it!
    edited February 2016
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    The only part I don't understand is what Get Together has to do with it!

Newer packs after GT add new rules available for groups, than say about well integration of new packs with Get Together
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Okay, I see! You were comparing the groups from Get Together to the social groups from University. I thought Get Together was the latest Sims 4 pack, though?
    Okay, I see! You were comparing the groups from Get Together to the social groups from University. I thought Get Together was the latest Sims 4 pack, though?

It is the latest, but they've said that content from future packs will be added to the club panel. This is why I think it is/will be one of the most powerful expansion packs of all time.

It is the latest, but they've said that content from future packs will be added to the club panel. This is why I think it is/will be one of the most powerful expansion packs of all time.

This is the same company who said The Sims 4 was going to expand on every single aspect of the series (It really only expanded on one)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That's odd. I was able to follow everything the OP said both before and after the further (intoxicated?) explanations except for one thing.

"...GT Wins."

Wins what?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    That's odd. I was able to follow everything the OP said both before and after the further (intoxicated?) explanations except for one thing.

"...GT Wins."

Wins what?

She is saying that GT wins with it's club feature against the social groups from Uni even though they are totally different things. She should be comparing Late Night's or Nightlife's outings instead of the social groups.

After Movie Hangout and Romatic Garden Stuff came out, which came after GT they added swiping, watching movies and playing in the fountain to the clubs activities.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    She is saying that GT wins with it's club feature against the social groups from Uni even though they are totally different things. She should be comparing Late Night's or Nightlife's outings instead of the social groups.
    I knew that, I was playing less than smart. Or you could say I was being less than smart, take your pick. :p

Am pretty sure the OP is a "he," not that it makes any difference.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

"...GT Wins."

Wins what?

After Movie Hangout and Romatic Garden Stuff came out, which came after GT they added swiping, watching movies and playing in the fountain to the clubs activities.

Awesome! I don't have either of those stuff packs so I wasn't sure, I just knew they'd said something about adding future EP content. (Which is all I'll ever buy anyway, don't really care for SPs)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

"...GT Wins."

Wins what?

Awesome! I don't have either of those stuff packs so I wasn't sure, I just knew they'd said something about adding future EP content. (Which is all I'll ever buy anyway, don't really care for SPs)

Swiping activity was added in the last patch with the klepto trait btw :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member

Where is the LOL button?? I don't agree with this to press "awesome" but I laughed so where is the LOL button??????
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I am very sure the OP is male. For those of you who had a hard time following his writing, his first language is Spanish, and he has said in the past that writing in English is difficult for him. Some of those who've posted here need to think a little harder before calling someone on here crazy or insinuating that they're intoxicated, simply because their English is less than perfect. People from many parts of the world where English is not spoken play this game, and come here to post. Even those among them who are most fluent in English tend to make mistakes in grammar. Even then, some of those foreigners do a lot better with English grammar than a lot of Americans do these days.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I am very sure the OP is male. For those of you who had a hard time following his writing, his first language is Spanish, and he has said in the past that writing in English is difficult for him. Some of those who've posted here need to think a little harder before calling someone on here crazy or insinuating that they're intoxicated, simply because their English is less than perfect. People from many parts of the world where English is not spoken play this game, and come here to post. Even those among them who are most fluent in English tend to make mistakes in grammar. Even then, some of those foreigners do a lot better with English grammar than a lot of Americans do these days.

I have seen this user post on different threads, but I've never seen *his* English be anything less than perfect, so I just found it odd that *he* was typing with such difficulty
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @IreneSwift in the last line of their original post they suggested they were possibly under the influence which I believe is what led people to assume he was possibly intoxicated when making his post.
    Now than I think better (after some drinks of course) I believe than Alchemy from Supernatural should add points to Geeks social group

I agree there are probably a few comments here that should have been worded better but those comments weren't posted with no basis.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    @IreneSwift in the last line of their original post they suggested they were possibly under the influence which I believe is what led people to assume he was possibly intoxicated when making his post.

I agree there are probably a few comments here that should have been worded better but those comments weren't posted with no basis.

I made the same assumption because I too can read ;)
    Firby nurbs!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2016

This is a good sign (for those who play TS4) but it's also true that TS4 is a much, much smaller game than TS3. TS3 had different teams working on different packs, often at the same time. Plus early on they decided (because of the open world, perhaps?) that all content was to be made compatible only with the base game. That meant they didn't have to do even more programming for players who may not even have all the EPs.

I mean, consider this: to make all the many tasks and skills compatible with this skill or that skill would take a lot more work and effort than just adding some new things to a list of approved group activities. So you are really comparing apples to oranges, as they say.

I'm not trying to defend how they handled TS3, BTW. I think TS3 would have been a better game had they not tried to make it the huge monster that it is, and concentrated a little harder on quality over quantity, including more compatibility between EPs. Those features would still be pointless for people who don't own all the packs, though. It also appears that they are slowing down on pace of the content for TS4 but the game is so small and relatively featureless in comparison to TS3 IMO so that is also why people are pining away for this feature or that feature - many of which will probably never come for TS4.

All that said, I don't like the way they implemented the social groups in Uni and wish they had come up with something a lot better than that. But unfortunately I feel that way about a lot of features in TS3. But at least for me, I feel like it still tries to be a simulation game so I'll continue playing it until someone makes something better.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!