Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Omg!
    Exciting!!!
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    That would b awesome! i love restaurants in the sims, they're always fun.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love restaurants. Providing they are like the sims 2 and not rabbit holes like most were in 3.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Sound logic
    Watch movies outdoor
    Redecorate garden and park
    Go to restaurant

The Sims 4 Hot Date Bundle Pack
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If they do make restaurants, I hope they work better than cafés - they are a mess to say the least. Especially if they wants us to use them for dates, they have to fix alot of issues with eating and interactions.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I need PIZZA OVENS
    a256aFi.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    In the picture of 1.2 million eaten grill cheeses, it says," pretty sure we can manage that in a day."

Announcement tomorrow??

That pic has been out for a few weeks.
    james64468 wrote: »
    I don't believe we get Restaurants even though I seen that tweet. As in maybe they working on something after else. I believe that expansion pack will be next. Then after that we get a gamepack with something in it.

He was talking about a gamepack not an expansion.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I'm feeling hypey!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    I need PIZZA OVENS

If we get a Restuaren't Pack pizzas and other new recipes will probably be added to current ovens. So far there hasn't been an additional oven for a certain foods type in TS4.
    joleaco wrote: »
    I'm feeling hypey!

I am too. I hope we get an announcement today.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Guys, I had a dream that we were going to get the Game pack #3 soon lmao! So i'm officially hyped! Hope we'll hear something this week :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    It doesn't neccessarily mean restaurants though, in one of the surveys they talked about being being a chef and having your own cooking show. I would LOVE a restaurant pack, just wanted to put all the possibilities out there.

Or cannibalism. Could be a cannibal island, and your Sim gets abducted there and...

no now.... first waith the Sushi (a.k.a. Mermaids)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    If they do make restaurants, I hope they work better than cafés - they are a mess to say the least. Especially if they wants us to use them for dates, they have to fix alot of issues with eating and interactions.

Why are they a mess? The only thing that doesn't work properly is when you order food and an NPC takes it, other than that they work great.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I need PIZZA OVENS

If we get a Restuaren't Pack pizzas and other new recipes will probably be added to current ovens. So far there hasn't been an additional oven for a certain foods type in TS4.

That is because adding a new stove just for baking or herbalism isn't justified. TS3 store did it, with jelly and baking, because it was a golden eggs chicken for them, do you really think they would make money from adding a few recipes to normal stoves? No duh, they needed them to be exclusive to the new ovens so people would have to pay for those premium items that costed the same as a stuff pack.

And honestly they could put pizza making in the normal stoves, but I think having the furnace with the wooden thingy to put the pizzas inside it and take them out would be cooler especially if we are talking about making a pizzeria, it's more justified.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Why are they a mess? The only thing that doesn't work properly is when you order food and an NPC takes it, other than that they work great.

In my experience they don't work that well either. It's hard (not impossible but hard) to get two or more sims to sit and drink coffee at the same time. It takes a lot of effort to order coffee for the group, then order coffee for your sim (because someone has stolen it of course) and then have your group sit at the same table. It takes so many clicks and sims drink so fast that by the time my sim is siting together with his group most of them have already finished their drink. Oh and if they are in a group that drinks coffee as a rule the rest of the group will constantly stand up and get more coffee.

This could probably be addressed if we had waiters that brought coffee to your table...
  • picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2016
    oh em geeee!! if this is so, im sooooooo frickin excited!!! can't wait to make my sims dine and oh, i wish they can throw wine at others when theyre angry lol!

and oh, if it will be the next game pack, I think the name would be "Get Bloated" or something lol
  • themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited February 2016
    It'd be nice to have this back, along with booths and heck I wouldn't mind even rabbit-hole areas, as at least they make the world feel more alive.

However...as much as I'd like to think we're going to get a restaurant GP, I can honestly say I doubt it'll be exactly what we're wanting. I can't help but think that this is something they would've added from the get-go along with the retail option from GTW. Oh well, fingers crossed!
    giphy.gif

• FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    I adore Sims 2 restaurants and have spent many the hours running and dining at them with my sims. I am not expecting as detailed restaurants, but what I do NOT want are simple food carts like the coffee bar. Don't get me wrong, I use the coffee bars in many of my venues, but when I think of going to a restaurant and having more sandbox play - food carts/stalls/kiosks/trucks don't even make the list.

I honestly think most of the content could go towards new recipes for my chef (hopefully not just NPC), hostess, waiter, and I wouldn't mind busing my own tables. They could add some deco/furnishings for different styles of restaurants and leave out any filler stuff like hippee clothing and hair (lol). New interactions (romantic as mentioned by others), Klepto's could dine and dash and steal the plates while they are at it.

I am totally for the idea of more lots - I am nearly maxed out in all my worlds (and I run two makeshift restaurants already). I love the idea of adding more venue types per lot that we can choose from. It would help so much to free up more space and make visiting and the lot load worth while.

On another note - I would love to have farmers market with stalls/ stands that I could fill myself from my garden and turn a profit. Fish would be a nice option as long as they slow down the decay rate.

akddFdd.gif
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I think it's definitely a hint and not a hype-train-situation. Would he have used just one expression indicating restaurants than I would say that it's a coincidence, but this tweet seems carefully worded...
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2016

I tried to have a date in a café and it was impossible to get them to sit together and eat. they order food and drink separately and they drink up before they receive the food and vice versa. when one of them is waiting for coffee, the other one is off to the other side of the lot, and when the first one is getting their coffee, they sit by themselves. You are lucky if they are even sitting with each other, or that they aren't chatting with everyone else on the lot but not each other.
    I just wish you could order for both of them at the same time, both coffee and food, and that they could sit with each other, not wander around like they have a disorder of some kind.
    If anything I wish you could get food and drink at the same time, it would make it infinitely more efficient, now it's just a hassle to order anything, it just ruins the whole thing. Not to mention the hassle it is top try to get them to sit in one place and actually chat with each other. Like, what is the point of cafés if that doesn't work?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    "Hungry" and "serve" I get, but "fresh", how does that fit in? Fresh salad? :open_mouth:

I tried to have a date in a café and it was impossible to get them to sit together and eat. they order food and drink separately and they drink up before they receive the food and vice versa. when one of them is waiting for coffee, the other one is off to the other side of the lot, and when the first one is getting their coffee, they sit by themselves. You are lucky if they are even sitting with each other, or that they aren't chatting with everyone else on the lot but not each other.
    I just wish you could order for both of them at the same time, both coffee and food, and that they could sit with each other, not wander around like they have a disorder of some kind.
    If anything I wish you could get food and drink at the same time, it would make it infinitely more efficient, now it's just a hassle to order anything, it just ruins the whole thing. Not to mention the hassle it is top try to get them to sit in one place and actually chat with each other. Like, what is the point of cafés if that doesn't work?

Agreed. Groups and dates should be reprogrammed to work like in TS2. Groups always sit together in TS2 and if you invite them to a coffee they will always give you both coffees at the same time and sims will sit together. Also, my experience is that in TS4 some random stranger ALWAYS comes and sits with my group (most of the time taking the chair intended for a party member who will then go and sit somewhere else...). I think these sims are too social sometimes....
    edited February 2016
    Slawfish wrote: »
    "Hungry" and "serve" I get, but "fresh", how does that fit in? Fresh salad? :open_mouth:

I guess fresh ingredients lol maybe we'll get a Salty Salad Stuff Pack featuring 20 new types of salads!
    Post edited by Pixelsimmer on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top