The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Where would we put it though because most of the worlds are full? :|

Newcrest. I put almost all Maxis "venues" there.

I do the exact same thing! Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade are like my commercial towns for all the venues. :)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited February 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's why they gave you Newcrest. ;)

Well we need another one. Maybe this GP will come with a little world, which is just like a little neighborhood that's obsessed with food and diners ;)
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    Yes please! And please let these restaurants be even more awesome than the Sims 2 ones with reckless waiters dropping food into your sims' laps, an actual hostess to seat you, and the ability to have lots of interactions at the dining table. I really hope they add fast food joints as well as fancier places in this GP if it's happening. I think I might die of happiness.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Well we need another one. Maybe this GP will come with a little world, which is just like a little neighborhood that's obsessed with food and diners ;)

This is what I'm thinking. Similar to Magnolia Promenade. A few small lots with premade restaurants! GAH THE EXCITEMENT.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I wouldn't mind this at all, like a restaurant neighborhood with various types of restaurants. Though I would prefer if they expanded a world for this rather than clutter the world screen with just a few neighborhoods. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I'm intrigued, and for once it does sound like a hint.

If it's true, I really DO NOT want another Magnollia Promenade type mini-world for restaurants. I know it doesn't really make a difference because there will be a loading screen regardless, but I just think it's silly to have a mini world like that for shops.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member

I wouldn't mind this at all, like a restaurant neighborhood with various types of restaurants. Though I would prefer if they expanded a world for this rather than clutter the world screen with just a few neighborhoods. :\

I think they should do a "Neighborhoods" section in world map selection screen, they did one for vacation worlds, so why not?
    tenor.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    A GP dedicated to Spas sounds as right as a GP dedicated to Restaurants.

Spa Day has build/buy mode items (sleek/clean, zen style), CAS items (activewear), and enough gameplay items that make perfect sense for the pack.

Same goes to Outdoor Retreat. Camping gear, outdoorsy clothing, and cabin themed furniture. They all come together perfectly.

Meanwhile a GP dedicated to restaurants is completely unclear in terms of its asset selection. It would be a nightmare to include family diners, fancy/upscale restaurants, different ethnic restaurants, etc. in the same pack as they all require different assets. Every single gameplay object in Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat could be used at home too; I can't think of any in a restaurant pack that would make sense for home use.

Overall restaurants are just a terrible theme for a GP. It's way too generic to be a pack on its own. A different themed pack that includes restaurants would be much better.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited February 2016
    I honestly don't think we will get a world with this Gp. it will be like Spa Day. They will add premade restaurants to our Library. Hope not but I think that's how it will be.
    justlurking.gif
    edited February 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »

I think they should do a "Neighborhoods" section in world map selection screen, they did one for vacation worlds, so why not?

I would like that better if they aren't adding them to the existing worlds they might as well create a sub neighborhood type category to differentiate them from the other worlds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited February 2016
    This is exciting! I always wished that there were restaurants and if that GP were to exist, there should be a world just for restaurant lots, some clothes for the waiters and waitresses, and new recipes!!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Any guess as to what pc objects could come with restaurants?

A hostess podium, chefs oven, menus, maybe one of those cool family style rotational sharing table things? Who knows!

My guess is the podiums, chef's oven, pizza oven and the teppaniaki grill. Maybe a photo booth? I was thinking of a milkshake machine of sorts as well for the fifties dinner it would be perfect sims could use fruits and vegies they harvest to make milkshakes like strawberry and banana milkshakes :smiley:

BTW this is the grill for who doesn't know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4jei60LN4

There is a mod over at MTS that allows you to make milkshakes based on bananas, blackberries, and strawberries. It is part of the new custom foods being made.

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

If they do, I hope they move away from the Willow Creek style, I'd like it to be set in a French inspired town, with cute little bistros! :)
    Mendota wrote: »

A hostess podium, chefs oven, menus, maybe one of those cool family style rotational sharing table things? Who knows!

My guess is the podiums, chef's oven, pizza oven and the teppaniaki grill. Maybe a photo booth? I was thinking of a milkshake machine of sorts as well for the fifties dinner it would be perfect sims could use fruits and vegies they harvest to make milkshakes like strawberry and banana milkshakes :smiley:

There is a mod over at MTS that allows you to make milkshakes based on bananas, blackberries, and strawberries. It is part of the new custom foods being made.

I'd still prefer EA to do it. I don't like using mods in my game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nice tweet, I hope it's a hint .. if it's not out next we can never trust the ninja hints again ;)...
    Or maybe he just had lunch...
    egTcBMc.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    that must be a hint at restaurants :o

Hopefully a few different kinds like,

Fancy
    Diner
    Cheap
    VIP

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Well hopefully it is a hint, looks like it though. I think restaurants is good enough for a game pack but I really hope we can own and run one and that it is kind of centered around dates or family eat outs. The game definitely needs more for sims to go out and do.

Maybe the gp will be a way to introduce restaurants and they will follow up with a "Night Life" ep shortly after. I feel like the next ep is going to be about dating and night life and all that stuff. I just hope it comes with a city setting and new city style careers, oh and definitely apartment living. I want to make a fashion designer that lives in an apartment in the city and goes out to clubs and fancy restaurants with friends and dates, it's what is missing for me right now.
    Vagenius wrote: »
    Well hopefully it is a hint, looks like it though. I think restaurants is good enough for a game pack but I really hope we can own and run one and that it is kind of centered around dates or family eat outs. The game definitely needs more for sims to go out and do.

Maybe the gp will be a way to introduce restaurants and they will follow up with a "Night Life" ep shortly after. I feel like the next ep is going to be about dating and night life and all that stuff. I just hope it comes with a city setting and new city style careers, oh and definitely apartment living. I want to make a fashion designer that lives in an apartment in the city and goes out to clubs and fancy restaurants with friends and dates, it's what is missing for me right now.

I think GT was as close to NightLife as this version is going to get. I'm thinking more family things.. like restaurants!!.. next.
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

I think GT was as close to NightLife as this version is going to get. I'm thinking more family things.. like restaurants!!.. next.

#sad
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member

Newcrest. I put almost all Maxis "venues" there.

I already have NC filled up I'd rather have a new neighborhood come with this pack.

#sad

Aw sorry haha. I know players wanted more for night life. But what else could they add to going out and clubbing, really?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

Isn't the thing that is like the tea brewer but you can make different fruit drinks?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2016
    TS2 OFB had a feature in build mode for awnings I hope we can have that back it would be nice to do restaurants (and stores for the matter) with entrances like these:

The_Sims_FreePlay.JPG

That picture is from Freeplay but you get the point :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Agree we already had it with get together sadly :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top