Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you very much to the judges and congratulations @popettypop2012 for your win, it looked very nice.
    It was such a surprise to see that I won, it's been a long time since I've entered a competition :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    Congratulations to you guys :) Your boats were outstanding!
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @tounette56 I hope we see some more from you :)
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Congrats to the winners @tounette56 , @liziann1 and @steskens and @popettypop2012! Great job guys!!!!

@Pebblycat @cbear13 @Twiggy @Lisa17ann this challenge was alot of fun and I appreciate the judging effort that went into it. I do however have a question. I replaced this boat from one lot to another and did not have any of these placement issues that were mentioned in my critique. What can I do next time to prevent such things from happening as I am quite confused how this could have happened? I was aware that the lighting, and restaurant were going to be an issue. So I appreciate the comments and will do better with that in the future. I find the critiques so helpful!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congratulations @popettypop2012 :) fab boat & Sims!

Congratulations @tounette56 :) Love your boat

fab judges award @steskens :)

Thank you for my award and placing, I knew the boat lacked shape on the outside,
    I just ran out of time to alter it :( which serve's me right for leaving it to the second week to do it!
    I wasnt sure I could build a boat, and then seeing the competition boats were amazing I knew I had to try!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Thank you for the critique judges. You brought up issues I hadn't even thought of although very hilarious in hindsight; "Where is all this steam coming from?" lol! I will take what you said into consideration for my next build:)
  • Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Congrats to the winners :smiley: all of you did reall well. I couldn't come up with a decent ship at all.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    I finished:) I'm just working on the writeup now and I might do a little extra playtesting to make sure everything is working and looking good:)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Brendy927 wrote: »
    I finished:) I'm just working on the writeup now and I might do a little extra playtesting to make sure everything is working and looking good:)

Hello @Brendy927 :) It is great that you have finished your build! I will look forward to seeing your build!
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited February 2016
    QC challenge no: 17
    Origin ID: mommataurus2
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate or Expert level: Expert
    Original Lot used: The Summer Home
    Build Gallery Name: Inspired by Norway
    Country Chosen: Norway
    Gallery Link:

I took inspiration from the gorgeous Stave Churches of Norway.

S9Vknct.jpg

qYxKe6N.jpg

z8N0S1B.jpg

vVjvHvC.png

xbVAf2O.jpg

momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Inspired by Norway is such a very nice home! @mommataurus2 :) The exterior design of the home to reflect a Stave Church looks so very nice! It looks so very great! Very nice roofing! The towers and dormers look very nice.Very nice landscaping of the outdoors!The hedging garden areas in the front of the build look so very nice! The hedging, flowers and tree shrubs there look so nice! Very nice backyard corner gardens as well ! Nice back patio areas for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables in the outdoors air. The attic garden is so very nice! The water fountain looks nice there, and the sculptures look nice either sides of the fountain and in the corner nook. The floral greenery looks pretty on the walls and the flower box windows look very nice! Very nice seat bench sitting areas in the room for sims to enjoy sitting quietly in the restful garden setting. Very nice furnishing of the living room! The armchairs look nice placed on the sides of the middle area of the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book and warming up near the fireplace. The fish in the tank would be restful for sims to look at whilst sitting there. The flowers look pretty either sides of the fish tank. The clock is a homely touch on the fireplace ledge. The candlelights add a nice look to the room. Very nice brown wall paneling. The bar area looks so very nice! Very nice alcove nook area! The drinks display shelves, the cabinets, the bottles and the kegs look so very nice how they are placed together there to create the nook ! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and chatting with other sims. The bottles are great touches on the bar counter.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Just beautiful @mommataurus2 and I love the circular hedges!!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    QC challenge no: 17
    Origin ID: Brendy927
    Are you a novice builder: Somewhat, this is my third contest
    Intermediate or Expert level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used: The Summer Home
    Build Gallery Name: Castle Fergus
    Country Chosen: Scotland
    Gallery Link: Castle Fergus

I based my castle off of the multitude of castles in Scotland. I especially liked the complex roofing that I noticed where there was an abundance of many different angles and shapes and peppered with many flutes and chimneys. The building exterior and interior are influenced by the flag colors of blue and white. Crests are very important in Scotland so I made sure to prominently display them on two of the four entrances. The national flora and fauna of Scotland are the Thistle, Scots Pine, and the Unicorn. I represented each in this castle and the Scots Pine using Oak trees which looked similar to me. The Oak tree is also native to Scotland. This castle's first floor is for public access, the second floor is for officials, and the top two floors are for the First Minister and their partner. I've always wanted to go to Scotland and I'd love to go to this castle if I could :)

admxzLd.png
    Street View

LbVogMh.png
    First floor and public area

fHe7kNI.png
    The Conference Room

6VX8kuH.png
    First Minister's suite; 3rd floor

vqmE6nW.png
    First Minister's Bedroom (top floor)
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Beautiful done @Brendy927 I'm dying to go to Scotland I live in England now so it's not to far away lol I'm hoping for our anniversary my hubby will take me! :D I hope you get to visit Scotland as well!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    @lisa17ann Thank you! I hope you get to go to Scotland on your anniversary. Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Castle Fergus is such a very nice home! @Brendy927 :) The exterior design of the castle and the layout of the build looks so very , very great! Very nice roofing in the build! The towers and the wall texture looks very nice! It was very nice reading the background details of your builld and how you designed the build to incorporate and refiect the Scottish theme. The blue and white colour scheme of the exterior and interior to reflect the flag looks very nice! The crest is a nice touch on the front exterior of the build. Very nice sunken front courtyard! The water window feature looks very nice there. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The triple archway entrance to the build looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the castle! The cafe and bar area looks very nice! It looks great how there is the cross on the floor to represent the Scottish flag! The tables and chairs look very nice how they are set up on the level. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables eating and drinking food and drinks from the espresso bar, or enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the stools. They will enjoy listening to the piano music whilst sitting at the tables. Vdry nice conference room! The tables look very nice how they placed together and chairs are on the sides, for sims to meet together there to discuss government matters. The wall of bookcases looks great! The blue floor rug is a nice touch under the boardroom table, and the white colour of the table looks nice. Very nice layout of the First Mimister's suite! The open plan living and dining area looks very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa or armchair in front of the fire watching tv. It is nice that there is a corner massage chair nook in the room. The leafy wall picture is nice for sims to see when dining at the table. The wall and floor texture in the hot tub nook looks nice. Very nice design of the bedroom and top level of the castle. It is nice that there is a study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting there usung the computer with sunlight coming in through the windows. The triangular bath tub alcove looks nice.
    It is a very nice Scottish castle ! :)
  • Options
    jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    @mommataurus2 Ohh I love the dark colours, and that hedge garden is lovely :)
    @Brendy927 Awesome castle! Very Scottish indeed, and I love the Scottish Flag floor, very creative!

@Cbear13 Wonderful challenge, I love the International theme!
  • Options
    Thank you @Rosemow The conference room also has a hidden door to go up to the First Minister's Suite. It really blends in with the bookcases I chose:D I'm glad you liked reading about the background to what I put into my build. Thank you for all the effort you put into these comments, they make me feel so good. Happy Valentines Day!
  • Options
    Thanks @Oliana I had a lot of fun making the floor. As soon as I found out how to do patterns with floor tiles I knew I had to try this!
  • Options
    Wow, just wow
    @mommataurus2 I dont know much about Norweign style but that looks great and @Brendy927 your entry looks stunning

@Oliana I have been looking forward to this challenge have had it organised for a while just had to pick the right time
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    @Cbear13 I'm thrilled you like my castle. I'm super impressed with myself for getting it done. This was the most fun I had on a contest yet!
  • Options
    @mommataurus2 and @Brendy927 whoa fantastic buildings. I have the feeling that the home from greece I'm building can't compare to them.

And Scottland *squeals happily* home of the Doctor <3 .
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    I really need to watch more Dr. Who because the last one I watched was the Van Gogh episode. The feels!
  • Options
    OMG soo much happened since Van Gogh. And it was a fantastic episode, but I did get the felling for the eleventh Doctor at all. Love Capaldi though :blush:

@Cbear13 I would like to add some paintings my Sim created to the build. But the game now classifies them as CC would that still be ok?
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    @crysk cant use CC as we wont be able to download and judge, I didnt realise they did this to all paintings sim created? If so that is a real pain in the .......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top