Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to The Sims 4 on Mac? Look no further!

Comments

• SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Are there any hotkeys for going between floors on a mac?

Hi there, if you click FN and the Up/Down button, I think it moves between floors. On a PC it is page up/down so I am pretty sure FN is the alternative to that. Please let me know if you're successful as I do not have access to my game at the moment. :)
    JessEva wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying the game for my Macbook pro with Retina Display. But, I am not sure whether I will have enough memory for it. I have 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM & 128 GB of flash storage. I do not want to purchase the game until I definitely know I have enough storage as the game will be a waste of money otherwise. Thank you!

128Gb really isn't very much, especially if you keep photos and music on your Mac. I have Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work, no CC and my game is taking up nearly 13Gb of hard drive space.

Sorry for a late response and I do not know if you have purchased your new laptop or not, but I made the decision of going for the 258gb SSD on my Macbook Pro as I do have my iTunes, Photos, The Sims 4, & school documents/presentations on it. I do not know how much memory you need to store, but spending the extra $200 was worth it for me! Hope this helps. :)
  • jeroen2001jeroen2001 Posts: 4 New Member
    hello everyone!
    I want to buy the sims 4 but I don't know or my macbook is good for the game.
    I have a macbook pro retina.
    Macbook OS X Yosemite
    Intel core i5
    Iris Graphics 6100
    jeroen2001 wrote: »
    hello everyone!
    I want to buy the sims 4 but I don't know or my macbook is good for the game.
    I have a macbook pro retina.
    Macbook OS X Yosemite
    Intel core i5
    Iris Graphics 6100

What is your RAM? :)

I think I know what laptop you have and if it's 8GB, you should be fine. The game won't be able to run on high/ultra graphics but you should be able to enjoy it running at about medium. Hope this helps!
  • jeroen2001jeroen2001 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Simsocity said:
    > jeroen2001 wrote: »
    >
    > hello everyone!
    > I want to buy the sims 4 but I don't know or my macbook is good for the game.
    > I have a macbook pro retina.
    > Macbook OS X Yosemite
    > Intel core i5
    > Iris Graphics 6100
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is your RAM? :)
    >
    > I think I know what laptop you have and if it's 8GB, you should be fine. The game won't be able to run on high/ultra graphics but you should be able to enjoy it running at about medium. Hope this helps!

Hi
    I have a 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
  • andiesssandiesss Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone knows what's the hotkey to recolour the objects on mac (not on the object preview but in the actual lot). I know that on PC you can hit + to do that or press ALT and click on the object but I can't figure out how to do it on mac. Thanks!
  • Rosie38Rosie38 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thank you for making this =) This is really helpful =)
    jeroen2001 wrote: »
    > @Simsocity said:
    > jeroen2001 wrote: »
    >
    > hello everyone!
    > I want to buy the sims 4 but I don't know or my macbook is good for the game.
    > I have a macbook pro retina.
    > Macbook OS X Yosemite
    > Intel core i5
    > Iris Graphics 6100
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is your RAM? :)
    >
    > I think I know what laptop you have and if it's 8GB, you should be fine. The game won't be able to run on high/ultra graphics but you should be able to enjoy it running at about medium. Hope this helps!

Hi
    I have a 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

You should be fine running your game at medium graphics. :)
    Rosie38 wrote: »
    Thank you for making this =) This is really helpful =)

Thank you! :)
  • thoroughly_modernthoroughly_modern Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you get the walls down?
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    How do you get the walls down?
    For me it is fn + a sideways arrow. I don't remember which is which, but I think the right one brings them down and left brings them up.
  • awalker219252awalker219252 Posts: 2 New Member
    HQ in the new York NY and I am so I am so I have any attachments is a few weeks and the way E
  • September44September44 Posts: 1 New Member
    how would you delete items in build mode quickly? on the PC its just "delete" in the top right corner but idk how to do on mac... if you press backspace or delete on mac, it moves it in the household's inventory. i have a mac air. thanks ;)
  • Shine-PRShine-PR Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey I want to buy the 15-inch MacBook Pro but I want to know if I can play sims 4 without a problem and with the setting high
    Retina display 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz & 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Gracias!!
  • DarkAries326DarkAries326 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just downloaded the Sims 4 on my Mac and I can't get past the startup page. All I get are these "New items available in your game!" pop-ups with no way of closing them and starting my game. At this point I am just quitting and restarting the Sims 4 and getting rid of the pop-ups one by one.
  • OceanshellOceanshell Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, i'd recently upgraded to Capitan and Sims 4 isn't working for me. It worked for me when my iMac was Yosemite but not anymore, is there some way to fix this? I'm unable to open up the application because it says: "The application X11 could not be opened."
  • solarafeysolarafey Posts: 17 Member
    > @Candy810 said:

>
    > I made a video of my gameplay and went through my settings. The game is working great for me! I used a free recording software so it looks a little fuzzy but that's not what it looks like in my game. Enjoy!

This was very helpful, thank you. I am surprised by how well the game runs with most of my settings on high. I've never been able to do this with past Sims games. I think the trackpad controls are the most frustrating for me.
  • SimcatxxSimcatxx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, i have a mac and i don't use a mouse. Is there anyway i can turn the camera in 360 if you know what i mean to decorate houses, have another veiw, ect. Thanks!
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    For me turning the camera works with 3 fingers (if I remember correctly) or with , and .
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Simcatxx wrote: »
    Hey, i have a mac and i don't use a mouse. Is there anyway i can turn the camera in 360 if you know what i mean to decorate houses, have another veiw, ect. Thanks!

Use the < and > keys on your keyboard.

apple-signature.png
  • LilMissMissy724LilMissMissy724 Posts: 89 Member
    It is not really a problem, but yesterday I zoomed really close to my sim while she was in a sauna and my game really slowed down. If I zoom out a little it's fine. It never disturbed or messed with my game, just for the few seconds I zoomed in on her. I was just wondering if anyone noticed this in their game. I'm on a 2015 MBP i5
    giphy.gif
  • MSNmajor89MSNmajor89 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am using an IMac to play the sims 4 with a magic mouse 2. How do i rotate items when i am in build mode?
    MSNmajor89 wrote: »
    I am using an IMac to play the sims 4 with a magic mouse 2. How do i rotate items when i am in build mode?

Hi there,

All I use to rotate items within the game is the "<" or ">" keys on my keyboard. Hope this helps!
    It is not really a problem, but yesterday I zoomed really close to my sim while she was in a sauna and my game really slowed down. If I zoom out a little it's fine. It never disturbed or messed with my game, just for the few seconds I zoomed in on her. I was just wondering if anyone noticed this in their game. I'm on a 2015 MBP i5

Hello there,

You say you are on a laptop, so I'm just wanting to double check if you have "Laptop Mode" and/or "Retina Display" selected in your Game Options. If they are not selected, check them and hopefully it will help the game.
  • eyebrowns520eyebrowns520 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm in the market for a MacBook. I'm leaning toward the 13 inch MacBook Air as it's currently on sale... Will it be able to run the Sims 4 and its expansion packs well? Or should I save up and go Pro?